Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 05:35:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tifos at the KM  (Read 8572 times)

normal rules

• Forum Member
Tifos at the KM
« on January 04, 2016, 10:34:33 pm by normal rules »
I saw one showed up during the league cup game against Leeds (hayter when it mattered) and the Blackpool show of solidarity at their place.

More to come?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
Re: Tifos at the KM
« Reply #1 on January 04, 2016, 10:38:07 pm by Copps is Magic »
Watch this space.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 04, 2016, 10:51:51 pm by DRNaith »
Help me out,  I don't understand this thread  :saywhat:

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 04, 2016, 10:53:05 pm by StocktonRover »
Thank god - I thought it was just me not "down with it"

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 04, 2016, 10:54:28 pm by Copps is Magic »
Tifo [ˈtiːfo], is the Italian word for the phenomenon of supporting a sport team. In some countries (but not in Italy) it's mostly used as a name for any choreography displayed by fans in the stands of an arena or stadium in connection with a sport event, mostly as part of an association football match

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 04, 2016, 10:55:36 pm by StocktonRover »
Cheers CIM - sounds interesting

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 04, 2016, 10:58:29 pm by DRNaith »
Tifo [ˈtiːfo], is the Italian word for the phenomenon of supporting a sport team. In some countries (but not in Italy) it's mostly used as a name for any choreography displayed by fans in the stands of an arena or stadium in connection with a sport event, mostly as part of an association football match

Ok, that almost clears it up, thanks, but what was Hayter doing dancing at the Leeds cup game?

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 04, 2016, 10:58:56 pm by rich1471 »
in English its when multiple fans hold up pieces of card or paper to make up a giant picture I.E ,face or flag

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 04, 2016, 10:59:17 pm by Copps is Magic »

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 04, 2016, 11:03:24 pm by Copps is Magic »

Ok, that almost clears it up, thanks, but what was Hayter doing dancing at the Leeds cup game?

Oh that was just some banner a nutter made for the Leeds match. Better stuff is planned. An 'Oyston out' banner was also made for the Blackpool game.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 11:07:17 pm by Copps is Magic »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 05, 2016, 12:31:17 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Whatever happened to good, old fashioned spontaneous shouting and chanting?

Maybe I've been an old git all my life, but I've ALWAYS been bemused by the continentals' love of orchestrated or pre-planned shows of passion at football matches. I've always laughed at the Germans' need to have call and response chanting at games. At the organised bouncing of Polish fans. At the self-indulgent mega-banners of the Spanish and Italians.

We didn't used to need that. We had spontaneous wit. That was the English way.

The English was was not about planning. It was about responding to the f**king moment! Reacting. That was always the core of English support. Before we forgot how to do that, and replaced it with banners and pre-planned chants.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 05, 2016, 12:59:06 am by hoolahoop »
Billy there is still room for both. I love spontaneity.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 05, 2016, 01:00:01 am by Copps is Magic »
I think there was planning back in the day it just probably happened in the pubs and on the trains. Very difficult to get any chant going without some planning among a group of mates.

I think we've also been a lot more 'visual' in the past than is commonly appreciated. There's some old documentaries about the kop out there Youtube. It was a sea of flags every games. The whole tradition of scarves is another example.

The unique thing about British crowds is they live, breath and cheer every kick of the ball. Like cheering corners. A few years back we never scored from them but our fans always cheered for some reason. It seems fashionable to do this ultra-singing section thing, but I think other countries still look to us for good old fashioned songs.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 05, 2016, 09:05:03 am by IDM »
I know it isn't much but one of my favourites was "Billy Bremner's red and white army" echoing around the BV pop side for 20-30 minutes at a time...

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 05, 2016, 10:24:16 am by Copps is Magic »
Do you think there's a risk we romanticise the past slightly also? In practical terms, the atmosphere at the keepmoat has been beyond bad for a long time to the point where anything was better than nothing (even if it does copy the current trend).

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 05, 2016, 11:22:54 am by graingrover »
BST .. I agree .. it's the same as humour ... the French have to make up jokes .. Brits show spontaneous humour .   

Capmeister

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 05, 2016, 12:32:50 pm by Capmeister »
Billy there is still room for both. I love spontaneity.

Well said Billy lad! I took some mates to the 2nd leg play off game against Southend. They sorta went under duress. Took 'em in a few of the local pubs before the game and they immediately warmed to the atmosphere. They still talk about the match and in particular the Southend fans' singing non-stop and conga-ing despite being mullered by a rampant Rovers. You'd never get that anywhere else in the world.

They always bring it up when ever we catch up and oddly, despite it being the Southend fans that did it, they still have a soft spot for Rovers.

DRFC

• Forum Member
TIFO on Saturday
« Reply #17 on January 05, 2016, 12:50:08 pm by DRFC »
Just noticed this on the Black Bank Facebook page:

On Saturday we’re going to try something a little different. As no doubt you’ve seen the Black Bank have brought flags, streamers, banners and colour to the Keepmoat so far this season. On Saturday we’re bringing a TIFO.

TIFO is the Italian word for supporting a football team, is mostly used as a name for any display by football fans in the stands.

To help us get the most out of this opportunity please read the following:

* Attached to every seat in the middle four blocks of the South Stand is a piece of A3 card.

* These cards have been carefully placed to spell out DRFC across the length of the stand, if the person in the seat next to you has a different coloured card please don’t swap them!

* As the players emerge from the tunnel please stand with the card held above your head.

* At the front of the stand there are volunteers who’ll help to direct things.

* Just before Kick Off please put the card back as best you can, we want to re-use them if possible!

These displays are paid for by you, the supporters, so we’d just like to say a massive thank you to you all. Together we’ve made a huge difference to the atmosphere. This is just the beginning!
COYR!

https://www.facebook.com/blackbankDRFC/

Super Colin Cramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 05, 2016, 12:57:23 pm by Super Colin Cramb »
We need to stop this awful music before kick off which drowns out an attempt of an atmosphere being created. Back in the day the atmosphere was created before the match and this continued through out the match.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 05, 2016, 12:58:27 pm by Copps is Magic »
Completely agree. And goal music.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
Re: TIFO on Saturday
« Reply #20 on January 05, 2016, 01:00:36 pm by Copps is Magic »
Completely paid for by the fans and organised by the fans.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on January 05, 2016, 01:07:37 pm by dknward2 »
Good to see hope it works maybe need some a1 sized posters to explain as people walk in though the gates unless this is on the backof the card

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 05, 2016, 01:10:22 pm by Copps is Magic »
That could be an idea. Helps if people spread this message to anyone who is attending so they know what's going on.

DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 05, 2016, 01:12:14 pm by DRFC »
I do believe they are handing out leaflets. Certainly wouldn't hurt for everyone from this forum who sits in the South to pass the word on though.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on January 05, 2016, 01:14:45 pm by dknward2 »
Sits is the south who goes on the south and sits lol

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 05, 2016, 01:16:05 pm by Alan Southstand »
Billy, the 2 things are not mutually exclusive!

If done correctly and entered into in the right spirit, it should look good from the North Stand, surely.

DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 05, 2016, 01:17:18 pm by DRFC »
Amen to that!  :bbscarf:

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on January 05, 2016, 01:19:51 pm by DearneValleyRover »
I think there was planning back in the day it just probably happened in the pubs and on the trains. Very difficult to get any chant going without some planning among a group of mates.

I think we've also been a lot more 'visual' in the past than is commonly appreciated. There's some old documentaries about the kop out there Youtube. It was a sea of flags every games. The whole tradition of scarves is another example.

The unique thing about British crowds is they live, breath and cheer every kick of the ball. Like cheering corners. A few years back we never scored from them but our fans always cheered for some reason. It seems fashionable to do this ultra-singing section thing, but I think other countries still look to us for good old fashioned songs.

Used to sing 'ooo it's a corner' on the mainstand.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on January 05, 2016, 01:58:22 pm by Dutch Uncle »

Thanks for that Copps - learn something every day.

And there was me thinking this thread was going to be about some Mansfield Centre-back with an Italian sounding name  :blush:

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on January 05, 2016, 02:31:54 pm by Mike_F »
I was a big F1 fan as a kid and was always impressed with the "Tifosi" following Ferrari with a plethora of flags, banners etc.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012