Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 09:31:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: After the first goal  (Read 21655 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: After the first goal
« Reply #90 on January 18, 2016, 01:07:10 pm by Filo »
Neil, did I say the people you mentioned had shouted them down? There are others that post in an aggressive nature that populate the bb, that seem to think diplomacy is something that should n't be used. I also think labeling people faries for having a different opinion is not the way forword either, you have created something special between you with the bb, all I'm saying is try and move forward together, note split. I actually do have an idea of how to solve this situation, it may work, it may not, but in my opinion it would find a clear compromise

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on January 18, 2016, 01:08:05 pm by roversontheup »
I don't sit in the South Stand but I did notice the large flags being waved down near the front in the sound half. I am also a fan and a contributor to the BB initiative. However.........

It does seem that those fans wanting to sit in the SS are the ones being dictated to. Quite fair that they are asked not to sit high and central. A recent thread said they should sit near the front. Now some people are saying if they sit at the front and someone starts waving a large flag in front of them and obscuring their view then THEY should move seat. I'm sorry but it seems a tad one dimensional. Why can't the flags be waved nearer the back. Everyone says there's plenty of spare seating. The thing about seating us that once you are seated you dont expect to have to move to accommodate someone else.

Again....I fully support what the fans are trying to achieve in the BB but it has to be inclusive actions and not just what suits the standers.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on January 18, 2016, 01:12:43 pm by Sad-Rovers »
There are people that post in an aggressive manner that populate the East Stand and West Stand, if only they had a public face for people to take cheap shots at, eh?

Also, there's a fairly well known poster on here who's famous for calling people fairies or Jessies. I'll take criticism for doing likewise once you've dealt with him, Spadger.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 01:21:05 pm by Sad-Rovers »

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on January 18, 2016, 01:50:37 pm by Yorkiered »
There are people that post in an aggressive manner that populate the East Stand and West Stand, if only they had a public face for people to take cheap shots at, eh?

Also, there's a fairly well known poster on here who's famous for calling people fairies or Jessies. I'll take criticism for doing likewise once you've dealt with him, Spadger.

To be fair a lot of us on here can be drawn into what some might call an aggressive manner and I don't think it is exclusive to the east and west stand.
Would it be fair to say there are people that post in a childish manner that populate the south stand? No of course not.
We all want what's best for DRFC, we might think how and why differently at times but surely we all want the same thing ultimately.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on January 18, 2016, 02:04:38 pm by Filo »

Cheap shots?

Come on Neil, you're better than that, I'm trying to have a reasoned debate from a nuetral pont of view (I don't go in the South Stand), trying to see both arguments and hoping that people such as yourself could have a reasoned debate back, it's not beyond you I know, so is it being sensible or isit "cheap shots"

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on January 18, 2016, 02:31:14 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Can this example of complete harmony and contentment be the last word on the subject, please.

Note; There is a distinct lack of flag waving on the front row.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on January 18, 2016, 03:20:33 pm by idler »
It's maybe the angle that the flags are held that is the problem. If you hold them straight up and wave them they will block a lot out.
Hold them pointing in front and wave them and it will block a lot less out meaning fewer fans behind are affected. Just an opinion.
I expect BB to comment on this so it can be closed. 😉

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on January 18, 2016, 03:28:12 pm by Bentley Bullet »
No Idler, I think you summed it up perfectly. I've now't more to add.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on January 18, 2016, 06:06:54 pm by wilts rover »
It's maybe the angle that the flags are held that is the problem. If you hold them straight up and wave them they will block a lot out.
Hold them pointing in front and wave them and it will block a lot less out meaning fewer fans behind are affected. Just an opinion.
I expect BB to comment on this so it can be closed. 😉

Wouldnt that defeat the object of having a wopping great flag as you wouldnt be able to see what was on it - as well as it dragging on the ground and taking out any unwary photographers in the process?

In my opinion it is when the flags are waved thats the problem. I dont know what the convention is at Liverpool or Huddersfield but surely there should be no need to wave a bloody great big flag in front of a seated area when the ball is in play. There are enough times when the game is stopped to do it - as there certainly was on Saturday.

The only caveat I could see to that is if the people behind the flag waver all knew and agreed it could happen when the ball was in play.

Over to you again Bentley.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on January 18, 2016, 06:23:21 pm by Bentley Bullet »
 :that:

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on January 18, 2016, 06:42:44 pm by idler »
Wave the flag as high as you want when nothing is happening. Sometimes this is when the atmosphere needs lifting.
When we are pressing the crowd are up anyway and the flags can be lowered a bit.
At least then both sides of the debate might be happy for most of the game. I wish somebody had a flag in front of me at the Fleetwood game.
S

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on January 18, 2016, 09:12:30 pm by Padge_DRFC »
We only drew because of the flags. I think we should have more at the next match.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on January 19, 2016, 01:45:08 am by Sammy Chung was King »
How about instead of fixing in one position with the flags, move them all around the stand. You can't expect people to make flags and they go to waste at the back of the stand.
Also if you just stay in one position you can't expect certain people not to be annoyed, they came to see the match not the flag.

If the flags are constantly moving around the stand everybody gets to see most of the match, and also the flags are seen all game. There are bound to be teething problems with anything that's new, respect both ways and anything can be worked out.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on January 19, 2016, 09:11:28 am by bobjimwilly »
We only drew because of the flags.

:woot:

ok, even if your mad theory was remotely accurate, are you saying we only drew because the flags were waved during play??

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on January 19, 2016, 09:22:29 am by IDM »
And there was me thinking it was the goals scored by Stewart and Williams that drew the game?

PopStander

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on January 19, 2016, 11:08:06 am by PopStander »
End of the day, The Black Bank have given the players a lift all season and this showed Saturday. A few minutes worth of a 'bad view' is surly worth coming from two goals down to draw?
It gave the fans a lift and the players.
People will jump on anything negative about The Black Bank! No one has a leg to stand on with it, its the best thing that's happened to the club in years!

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on January 19, 2016, 11:13:24 am by Yorkiered »
Wind your neck in. Nobody is jumping on anything negative. Everyone is trying to SENSIBLY agree solutions to suite everyone.

PopStander

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on January 19, 2016, 11:17:43 am by PopStander »
Wind your neck in. Nobody is jumping on anything negative. Everyone is trying to SENSIBLY agree solutions to suite everyone.
Come on now, don't be like that  :kiss: But I am right, some people want the BB to fail, tell me I'm wrong...

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on January 19, 2016, 11:26:47 am by silent majority »
Come on now, don't be like that  :kiss: But I am right, some people want the BB to fail, tell me I'm wrong...

You're wrong.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on January 19, 2016, 11:46:06 am by Filo »

You're Wrong!

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on January 19, 2016, 12:37:17 pm by Yorkiered »

You are wrong.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on January 19, 2016, 12:43:06 pm by IDM »

You're wrong.

Looking at the posts below I stand corrected, maybe some do oppose the BB.

However speaking for myself, I am all in favour, even although I sit in the West Stand!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 01:29:19 pm by IDM »

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on January 19, 2016, 12:46:18 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Look lads, summat positive! Who'd have thunk it?

http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=255863.0

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on January 19, 2016, 12:53:38 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Oh, and I can assure you all that some people (not necessarily on this thread or even this forum) do want the BB to fail.

I had people to tell me to f*** off to my face at the back end of last season when handing out leaflets, I was at a meeting with the club when a SS STH threw a massive strop about the Black Bank. Yorkie, I strongly recommend being in possession of all the facts before telling people to "win their necks in".
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 03:25:27 pm by Forum Admin »

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on January 19, 2016, 12:55:34 pm by Sad-Rovers »
But then I'm sure you lot know best, eh?

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on January 19, 2016, 01:02:02 pm by Yorkiered »
In that case would Popsider like to share with the rest of who these people he talks about are?

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on January 19, 2016, 01:04:16 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Dunno but I know for a fact that Popstander had someone in BVB throw a BB leaflet in his face, Yorkie.

I'm sure he'll accept your apology any time though.

Any time about now.

Perhaps now?

Now?

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #117 on January 19, 2016, 01:05:50 pm by coventryrover »
Why don't we make the flags out of cellophane or other transparent film.

Then massive flags can be waved without obstructing the view!!  Thus people wont complain...apart from the draft caused maybe.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on January 19, 2016, 01:12:06 pm by Yorkiered »
Dunno but I know for a fact that Popstander had someone in BVB throw a BB leaflet in his face, Yorkie.

I'm sure he'll accept your apology any time though.

Any time about now.

Perhaps now?

Now?

Are you Popstanders spokesman then?
Maybe if you had the same attitude when you was handing out posters as you seem to have on this forum then maybe that is your answer.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on January 19, 2016, 01:16:13 pm by Sad-Rovers »
There goes a man without the moral courage to admit when he's wrong.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012