Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 06:47:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Worried  (Read 27457 times)

Super Colin Cramb

• Forum Member
Worried
« on February 13, 2016, 05:23:03 pm by Super Colin Cramb »
6 points from the relegation zone and no signs what do ever of picking up points. Been awful last 3 months at home. The honeymoon period is well and truly over and fergie needs to earn his wages.
Midfield weak and the defence is the worst I have seen for years.

We're in a relegation fight

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: Worried
« Reply #1 on February 13, 2016, 06:28:54 pm by dickos1 »
He can't do much until the summer, Keegan was the only player on our side who played like it was a derby,
I'd send the youngsters back and get a proper midfielder in on loan to play with Keegan and grant

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 13, 2016, 06:31:35 pm by Copps is Magic »
The only bit of optimism is that Grant (our best player) and Copps are still to come back. I think Keegan, Copps and Grant is a much better midfield than we had today. Tyson should get back up to speed as well.

The defence is a different matter. It's beyond repair, and I'm still a bit miffed the only repair job Fergie did was to bring in Alcock.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 13, 2016, 06:47:15 pm by Chris Black come back »
Longer term the defence is a concern but today the defence was not the problem. The inability of the midfield to demonstrate any fight, bottle, effort, structure or formation was the key issue.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 13, 2016, 06:49:53 pm by Copps is Magic »
We could argue all night long about which area of pitch we are worse in but the sad fact is we are deficient all-over the park.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 13, 2016, 06:51:44 pm by dickos1 »
To be fair, we've been shite at home all season and very good away, it's just unfortunate we've had 3 home games on the bounce
We will probably beat Barnsley

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 13, 2016, 07:01:43 pm by MrFrost »
He can't do much until the summer, Keegan was the only player on our side who played like it was a derby,
I'd send the youngsters back and get a proper midfielder in on loan to play with Keegan and grant

He's just wasted a transfer window in my opinion bringing a glut of crap loan players and releasing several seasoned pro's.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 13, 2016, 07:21:11 pm by dickos1 »
You can't sign players if the players you want aren't available,

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 13, 2016, 07:31:10 pm by MrFrost »
You can't sign players if the players you want aren't available,

Maybe they are the players he wanted.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 13, 2016, 08:05:39 pm by dickos1 »
The players he'll want will be players who are playing regularly who we couldn't get in January.
Therefore getting highly rated youngsters in was a good short term alternative

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 13, 2016, 08:08:41 pm by Campsall rover »
It has all gone pear shaped since the Stoke game.
I don't understand what has happened.
Up to the Southend match on 2nd of Jan under Fergie we were playing with commitment, passion, desire, and the confidence in the players was plain to see. We had a game plan and everyone new what they were supposed to be doing.
I said with total confidence we would make the play offs. I now feel totally stupid because performances such as todays, if they continue will take us into league 2
I am completely flabbergasted by what I saw today, and the only consolation is Fergie has apologised and has said it is unacceptable.
I hope he reads the riot act tomorrow morning yes no Sunday off after that debacle.

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 13, 2016, 09:11:17 pm by TheFunk »
It was criminal of DF not to strengthen the defence in January. If he couldn't see the problem then he certainly isn't the manager we all hoped he would be. I can't believe that there weren't better players available than we have already got.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 13, 2016, 09:12:32 pm by MrFrost »
I still can't fathom why he brought the kid from Stoke in. Complete and utter waste of time.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 13, 2016, 09:18:45 pm by Chris Black come back »
Again, he definitely dropped a bollock not signing defenders but that wasn't the problem today. It was general level of spinelessness and total lack of integration within midfield and between midfield and attack. Strangers one and all.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 13, 2016, 09:19:29 pm by Campsall rover »
He is a defensive midfielder so i suppose he has been brought in as cover for Keegan. Would not play them both in same match.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 13, 2016, 11:34:09 pm by drfchound »
It was criminal of DF not to strengthen the defence in January. If he couldn't see the problem then he certainly isn't the manager we all hoped he would be. I can't believe that there weren't better players available than we have already got.

Been saying this for a few weeks now.
The playoff hopes have gone and the crowds will shrink.
Less fans equals less money available in the summer.
From a business point of view not bringing experienced layers in has been a disaster.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 14, 2016, 02:59:44 am by Sammy Chung was King »
He seems to be a little obstinate about strengthening defences, he has been the same at other clubs. I'm hoping he realises that the defence we have needs at least one in until the end of the season.
With our defence you need two ball winners in front of them, so a signing until the end of the season we could do with in there. The loan signings are good when everythings going well, but we don't have enough ''Blood and guts'' type players that drag you back into games.

When our team are in the s..t, we have the collective heart size of a thimble.
No doubt we will get some results against poor teams, but while we have a misfunctioning back 3/4 and midfield we will struggle against any team run of the mill upwards.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 14, 2016, 09:05:29 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Sheff Utd were a poor team, that's the worry. Did we smell blood and go after them? No, we retreated and allowed them to regain composure and take control of the game. We made it far too easy for them.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 14, 2016, 09:37:15 am by graingrover »
Mr Frost is the first to identify the weakness as being DF . I hope all forum members recognise what a brilliantly inciteful poster Frost is . We are lucky to have his contributions of genius on here . I do hope he will soon be elected to the Supporters' Board .

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 14, 2016, 09:40:20 am by MrFrost »
Mr Frost is the first to identify the weakness as being DF . I hope all forum members recognise what a brilliantly inciteful poster Frost is . We are lucky to have his contributions of genius on here . I do hope he will soon be elected to the Supporters' Board .

Your attempt at sarcasm just comes across as a pathetic insult.

I'm questioning the quality of the players he has brought in compared to the ones that have left.

What are your thoughts on that?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 14, 2016, 09:45:45 am by Donnywolf »
Sheff Utd were a poor team, that's the worry. Did we smell blood and go after them? No, we retreated and allowed them to regain composure and take control of the game. We made it far too easy for them.

Aye some random old guy hit the nail on the head in the Bog at HT

Nowt to get excited about - 2 crap Third Division Teams with Rovers the worst of them

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on February 14, 2016, 10:12:36 am by graingrover »
Freudian slip ' inciteful' ha ha .. insightful was the 'mot juste'

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 14, 2016, 10:15:31 am by graingrover »
 I am glad you see through my sarcasm Frost .. My opinion of the players he brought in ? Irrelevant .. I have faith in him a a Manager .

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 14, 2016, 10:24:01 am by MrFrost »
I am glad you see through my sarcasm Frost .. My opinion of the players he brought in ? Irrelevant .. I have faith in him a a Manager .

I'm not sure I've suggested otherwise

Albert Trousers

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 14, 2016, 10:34:48 am by Albert Trousers »
It seems no one has the right on here to question DF without getting jumped on but the clear fact is DF said on several occasions that he wasn't looking to strengthen the defence as he thought we had enough options. Clearly if that is the case then he has made a huge error, the defence is awful & his decision to take of our captain & most experienced defender at half time in a tactical move speaks volumes & was probably the right decision as poor as McCulloch & ATS are Butler is equally as bad a as much if not more of a liability. None of them are great in the air or have the pace to rectify their frequent mistakes. A fit Rob Jones would have been better option, Che Adams wouldn't have bullied him like he did Butler.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on February 14, 2016, 10:40:01 am by IDM »
IMHO DF, the players and the Board etc can and should be questioned - with reasoned views and genuine concerns.

nightporter

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on February 14, 2016, 11:32:20 am by nightporter »
A few weeks ago we were 20/1 for relegation now its 12/1.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on February 14, 2016, 11:39:55 am by Copps is Magic »

We won't go down simply because there are enough teams poorer than us. I also came away from yesterday safe in the knowledge that Sheff U won't be going up either.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on February 14, 2016, 12:01:00 pm by Campsall rover »
Sheff U are 8th in the league, so if they are the 8th best team in the league and the table doesn't lie after 30 games then this is a shockingly poor league this season.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on February 14, 2016, 12:10:37 pm by ravenrover »

We won't go down simply because there are enough teams poorer than us. I also came away from yesterday safe in the knowledge that Sheff U won't be going up either.
Unfortunately those teams that are poorer than us are picking up the odd result, the number below us is reducing week on week. We need 3 or 4 wins, not necessarily back to back, to ease the situation though

TinyPortal © 2005-2012