Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 07:58:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: So then board lovers??  (Read 30146 times)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
Re: So then board lovers??
« Reply #60 on March 05, 2016, 05:57:34 pm by PDX_Rover »
f**k me, I'm glad the Internet wasn't around in the 70s, 80s and most of the 90s. People like Raggytash would self-combust.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on March 05, 2016, 06:05:14 pm by MrFrost »
No one seems to know what FFP is either...

That's just an excuse. There are ways round it

You best tell Galatasaray how to do it then, they've just been banned from European football for breaching FFP rules.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35708136

You know as well as I do that there are several clubs doing it. Was it the Bournemouth chairman who rented offices at the stadium for a ridiculous sum to increase turnover?

Should I tell Galatasaray that?

If you like. I'm sure they'd appreciate your input.

Your the one with all the answers.

I never claimed to have the answers.

A genuine question though, how close are we to reaching the fair play restrictions? Genuinely interested to see how much scope there would be to increase wage spend if it was needed

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on March 05, 2016, 06:07:54 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Again though complaining about the board won't make us better so it is pointless. It also isn't the problem is it?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on March 05, 2016, 06:09:39 pm by MrFrost »
Again though complaining about the board won't make us better so it is pointless. It also isn't the problem is it?

You're naive if you don't believe the problems aren't flowing from the top downward. There is a clear lack of direction and it is showing. Keep happy clapping

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on March 05, 2016, 06:11:28 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

You're naive if you don't believe the problems aren't flowing from the top downward. There is a clear lack of direction and it is showing. Keep happy clapping

Get lost, the lack of footballing performance has nothing to do with what the board are flowing down, nothing at all.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on March 05, 2016, 06:13:15 pm by silent majority »

You best tell Galatasaray how to do it then, they've just been banned from European football for breaching FFP rules.

You know as well as I do that there are several clubs doing it. Was it the Bournemouth chairman who rented offices at the stadium for a ridiculous sum to increase turnover?

A genuine question though, how close are we to reaching the fair play restrictions? Genuinely interested to see how much scope there would be to increase wage spend if it was needed

You claimed it was easy to get around, but in practice it isn't. If it was easy more clubs would be doing it but they're not.

The wage structure and the clubs budget are analysed quite rigorously before the season and at certain intervals during the season. Any significant departure leads to an immediate transfer embargo, quite evident with Leeds Utd this season. Are we close, yes, but so are most clubs. The success of Club Doncaster has to make a significant difference if we want to compete at higher levels.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on March 05, 2016, 06:14:01 pm by MrFrost »

Get lost, the lack of footballing performance has nothing to do with what the board are flowing down, nothing at all.

If you can't see the correlation you must be blind

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on March 05, 2016, 06:14:57 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
So what should be happening that would prevent the issues we have no the pitch and how would they?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on March 05, 2016, 06:15:43 pm by MrFrost »

You claimed it was easy to get around, but in practice it isn't. If it was easy more clubs would be doing it but they're not.

The wage structure and the clubs budget are analysed quite rigorously before the season and at certain intervals during the season. Any significant departure leads to an immediate transfer embargo, quite evident with Leeds Utd this season. Are we close, yes, but so are most clubs. The success of Club Doncaster has to make a significant difference if we want to compete at higher levels.

I actually like the Club Doncaster idea. Just how successful is it though?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on March 05, 2016, 06:16:21 pm by silent majority »
I sympathise with that stance a little (In terms of pointing the finger at someone). Although I would fall far short of attaching any blame to TB or DW I would suggest the Chairman needs to take a good look at himself, hes the one who should be giving the club the direction it needs.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on March 05, 2016, 06:19:59 pm by silent majority »
Mr Frost,

Its turning out to be very successful. You shouldn't just look at the overall membership though as it has many hidden benefits to a club like ours, the recent impressive shirt deal is a good example, along with the commercial success at our club.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on March 05, 2016, 06:20:17 pm by MrFrost »
I sympathise with that stance a little (In terms of pointing the finger at someone). Although I would fall far short of attaching any blame to TB or DW I would suggest the Chairman needs to take a good look at himself, hes the one who should be giving the club the direction it needs.

It's not so much blaming them. I'd like to believe their intentions are honourable, I'm sure they are.

What I see though is everything we built since the Conference is seemingly being undone bit by bit and I'm genuinely concerned how we turn this mess around, and that leadership as to come from the top

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on March 05, 2016, 06:21:04 pm by silent majority »
Yes of course. But its not new owners we need.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on March 05, 2016, 06:22:30 pm by MrFrost »

I maybe critical of the owners but I've not suggested they sell up.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on March 05, 2016, 06:24:58 pm by silent majority »

I didn't say you did. The point I made is we should be looking at replacing someone else.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on March 05, 2016, 06:34:27 pm by Yorkiered »

I didn't say you did. The point I made is we should be looking at replacing someone else.

You are correct but I doubt it will happen.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on March 05, 2016, 07:12:52 pm by PDX_Rover »
So David Blunt needs replacing then? 

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on March 05, 2016, 07:35:51 pm by RedJ »
f**k me, I'm glad the Internet wasn't around in the 70s, 80s and most of the 90s. People like Raggytash would self-combust.

Would've been for the best.

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on March 05, 2016, 07:37:16 pm by wesisback »
Didn't realise you worked at Bletchley Park, PDX?

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on March 05, 2016, 08:56:34 pm by PDX_Rover »
Preferable to Blandford Park for sure.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on March 06, 2016, 07:12:43 am by Nudga »
Apart from being the invisible man, what is it that Blunt isn't doing to saddle him with the blame for our current fortunes?

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on March 06, 2016, 09:48:59 am by NickDRFC »
I'm surprised he is being blamed. Surely the chief exec is the one who runs the football club, the chairman being more of a figurehead and perhaps a link to the owners?

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on March 06, 2016, 09:52:07 am by Yorkiered »
I'm surprised he is being blamed. Surely the chief exec is the one who runs the football club, the chairman being more of a figurehead and perhaps a link to the owners?

They are both pretty invisible. Unless it concerns Club Doncaster of course.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on March 06, 2016, 10:30:48 am by MrFrost »
I'd be interested to hear someone from the board speak out as to why they think we are in this position. After all they said pre season promotion was the aim. They've failed.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on March 06, 2016, 10:41:58 am by acko »
Surprised you should be blaming Baldwin for our plight nick,I have said it before hes obviously not as forthcoming as he was but he might have been told to keep things closer to his chest.personnelly I don't think hes happy at the club for some reason and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he leaves in the near future.I agree with SM the chairman should go.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on March 06, 2016, 08:11:52 pm by NickDRFC »
I'm not blaming anyone, more wondering why Blunt is being singled out when to my knowledge he doesn't have a great deal to do with the day to day running of the club.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on March 06, 2016, 09:28:50 pm by Al4475 »
My guess - as Chair he runs the Board doesn't he? regardless of what anyone else wants to do it's he that kiboshes it or gives it the thumbs up isn't it?

That's certainly the way things used to be under JR - don't think that'd change if that's what the role entails.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 11:03:41 pm by Al4475 »

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on March 06, 2016, 11:54:13 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
My guess - as Chair he runs the Board doesn't he? regardless of what anyone else wants to do it's he that kiboshes it or gives it the thumbs up isn't it?

That's certainly the way things used to be under JR - don't think that'd change if that's what the role entails.

The only definitive role of a Chairman is to chair Board meetings. Anything over and above that role is down what is agreed between him and others.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on March 07, 2016, 12:03:55 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Glyn

Yep. There are Chairmen and there are Chairmen.

In my own company, our Chairman is a non-exec. Very experienced old head. A steadying hand on the younger Board members and a bit of vital wise council at the right moments. He never gets involved with any of the day-to-day business of the company - he doesn't have the skills or knowledge to do so. But without his advice, we'd have been bankrupted or prosecuted 20 times in the past ten years.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on March 07, 2016, 12:51:37 am by Sammy Chung was King »
We need somebody from the football side as the chairman, or even Head of Football helping the manager. I get the feeling we have plenty of business minded people, but not people who understand the game itself.
John Ryan did a good job in this sort of role, the other two guys seem to like doing their work out of the spotlight, it fit John to a tee that role.
He would be ideal as chairman and would take pressure off the manager, i know many wouldn't want him back, but how i see it without knowing everything, he made one mistake, but got far far more right, and as a trio, they all got us where we are.

If the two owners are honest, things haven't worked out since he left, i think he took pressure off them so they could do their own thing.
Maybe even if he had still been here it would have still been the same, but we badly need the energy and direction he provided.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012