Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 11:22:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Right here goes.....  (Read 7548 times)

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
Re: Right here goes.....
« Reply #30 on March 20, 2016, 09:24:35 am by mrfrostsdad »
The team gave everything today, just as they did at Bradford. We scored for the second successive week, but also let two in for the second time.
There are slight improvements, scoring first will have ignited a bit of confidence. Peterborough are not a poor side, they have hit a bad run, just like we have.
 They had already beaten seven teams away before today, it was a chance missed because their confidence also was low.

But in the end another simple error cost us a point, the goalkeeper i have wanted him to command his area, but he didn't need to go anywhere near that ball.
A poor decision, he has often saved us in other games, but yet again when under any slight pressure one of our backline will give a goal away.
Today it was his turn to make the mistake. All we need back there are competent defenders who are hard to beat, and play it simple and a goalkeeper who doesn't get rushes of blood, i saw him do it a lot at Preston, decisions need to be made when we are safe.
If you didn't think that Posh weren't a poor team on the day then you were at a different game to me.
I think that they are arguably the worst team that I've seen this season on that performance. A decent ref and they would have been down to nine.

And they still beat us

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

idler

• VSC Member
Re: Right here goes.....
« Reply #31 on March 20, 2016, 09:35:44 am by idler »
Like you mfd I had a long drive home to think about it as well.
I really thought that we could do it yesterday.
Overall we could and should. The referee was diabolical but we still should have edged it but for our lack of competing. We don't win anywhere near enough 50/50s, we are bossed too easily.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012