Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:48:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

Who would you want as manager?

Darren Ferguson
Ian Holloway
Sean O'Driscoll
Gary Megson
Steve Cotterill
Malky Mackay
Uwe Rosler
Billy Davies
Chris Powell
Paul Clement
Dean Saunders
Brian Deane
Paul Dickov
Other

Author Topic: Who would you want as manager?  (Read 1348 times)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Who would you want as manager?
« on March 25, 2016, 05:20:22 pm by DonnyOsmond »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
Re: Who would you want as manager?
« Reply #1 on March 25, 2016, 05:21:44 pm by Draytonian III »
Gary Megson

MrWoodySir

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 25, 2016, 05:22:51 pm by MrWoodySir »
I presume Dickov and Saunders are jokes? Neither will get a job in management again.

Everyone else is too high for us now anyway. No way will Rosler want to manage a league 2 club with tight owners.

Our best bet is poaching a manager from a smaller league 2 club. Jim Bentley perhaps.

But then again I don't know if our current board would want to pay Morecambe the compensation.

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 25, 2016, 05:37:09 pm by mpc123 »
From that Malky Mackay for me but think he is out of our reach. I think this board will stay with Fergie but only time will tell if it is the right decision.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 25, 2016, 05:40:54 pm by DonnyOsmond »
We're going down so we might aswell get SOD back. He wanted us to come to League One and rebuild, let him do that in League Two and have full control. There is a few lads still here who he knows, Copps, Keegan, Middleton.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 25, 2016, 06:00:34 pm by andyst79 »
I presume Dickov and Saunders are jokes? Neither will get a job in management again.

Everyone else is too high for us now anyway. No way will Rosler want to manage a league 2 club with tight owners.

Our best bet is poaching a manager from a smaller league 2 club. Jim Bentley perhaps.

But then again I don't know if our current board would want to pay Morecambe the compensation.
Why is Saunders a joke? Would have him here in an instance right now

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 25, 2016, 06:07:08 pm by RoversAlias »
I can't speak for Woody but Dean Saunders is a shocking football manager whk has proven as such pretty much everywhere he's been and to be honest, this massive downward spiral of ours truly began in that experiment season. We played dirge football under Saunders and have played pretty bad football ever since. The only anomaly in 5 years is six months or so in 2012/13 after some good players gelled superbly as an effective physical unit to take us to the title. Saunders' assembling of that tem is his one bright spot, but his actual management ability is sorely lacking.

CrippyCooke

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 25, 2016, 06:08:29 pm by CrippyCooke »
We'll be aiming much lower than the names on that list.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 25, 2016, 06:33:53 pm by andyst79 »
I can't speak for Woody but Dean Saunders is a shocking football manager whk has proven as such pretty much everywhere he's been and to be honest, this massive downward spiral of ours truly began in that experiment season. We played dirge football under Saunders and have played pretty bad football ever since. The only anomaly in 5 years is six months or so in 2012/13 after some good players gelled superbly as an effective physical unit to take us to the title. Saunders' assembling of that tem is his one bright spot, but his actual management ability is sorely lacking.
He didn't do well at Wolves , but was unlucky not to keep Crawley up and  was on a hiding to nothing at Chesterfield after they lost their best players. I don't think he's tactically astute but is a good man manager & motivator which is what were desperate for right now.

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 25, 2016, 08:39:26 pm by Scooter »
I would sack fergie and get Saunders until the end of the season. I wouldn't care about pretty or entertaining football. I would just ask him to keep us up at all costs

TinyPortal © 2005-2012