Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 10:42:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Williams  (Read 4009 times)

knockers

• Forum Member
Williams
« on March 28, 2016, 11:02:05 pm by knockers »
I think he was the only one to clap the crowd at the end. The rest were on their knees as they knew they had blown it.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Re: Williams
« Reply #1 on March 28, 2016, 11:31:38 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I thought Williams was looking up to the sky with raised arms appealing to God, like he'd done several times during the game......While the rest were on their knees praying in the more usual manner.

stuey

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 28, 2016, 11:59:05 pm by stuey »
He did applaud the crowd, as did a few others I think. But if Williams concentrated on actually playing football as much as he does on moaning, waving his arms about, and trying to buy cheap free kicks, he'd be a much better player.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 29, 2016, 07:07:02 am by Filo »
He did applaud the crowd, as did a few others I think. But if Williams concentrated on actually playing football as much as he does on moaning, waving his arms about, and trying to buy cheap free kicks, he'd be a much better player.

Well said, he shouldn't be in the side going on recent performances

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 29, 2016, 08:07:30 am by ctay »
Copps and Butler did also, after Williams.

Williams movement from earlier in the season seems to have gone for me, maybe a lack of confidence.

CrippyCooke

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 29, 2016, 08:14:16 am by CrippyCooke »
Copps and Butler did also, after Williams.

Williams movement from earlier in the season seems to have gone for me, maybe a lack of confidence.

How does confidence impact his movement?

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 29, 2016, 08:18:41 am by ctay »
I am not sure to be honest, clutching at straws. Confidence is a funny thing. His opta stats would be an interesting view.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 29, 2016, 08:19:19 am by Yorkiered »
My apologies to all concerned. It is obviously all down to my comment about him having the touch of an elephant around Christmas time. It has all gone down hill since then.
Unlike our manager I accept full responsibility.  :chair:

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 29, 2016, 08:59:20 am by wing commander »
    I was livid with Williams yesterday...IF theres one thing that gets my goat it's players who let there man turn away from from them because they stop and put their hand in the air appealing for anything...He did that 3 times yesterday....Grrrrr

bally1950

« Reply #9 on March 29, 2016, 09:00:34 am by bally1950 »
    I was livid with Williams yesterday...IF theres one thing that gets my goat it's players who let there man turn away from from them because they stop and put their hand in the air appealing for anything...He did that 3 times yesterday....Grrrrr

Training to be the next Wellens ?????

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 29, 2016, 09:12:45 am by mrfrostsdad »

Training to be the next Wellens ?????

Maybe. But he'll never be half the player Wellens was

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 29, 2016, 10:45:40 am by Chris Black come back »
Said it before. Does Williams go into hibernation during winter or does he just have low energy levels?

He scored 22 times last season for Swindon but in his last 21 games for them from January, he only scored three times.

This season, since Southend on 2 January he has scored just once in 15 games.

Maybe some kind of iron deficiency that means he loses energy at the mid-point of the season?

Truly baffling.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 29, 2016, 10:49:31 am by Canadian Rover »
Has anyone here played whilst having their confidence shot?  It's awful...as a player you make so many wrong decisions and things just seem to get worse is like depression...you can't snap out of it.  You need help...this is up to managers and team mates to help.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 29, 2016, 11:32:44 am by GazLaz »
I was talking to Williams' uncle at Cheltenham last week. He had plenty of energy.

acacia94

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 29, 2016, 11:33:21 am by acacia94 »
Williams seems like an intelligent, alright lad but all that play acting when it doesnt come off for him (most of the time and in most of the games he's played) is bloody annoying. Stop pouring wasted energy into the acting histrionics Andrew and concentrate on working out how to beat the man in your next encounter.
Brings me on to thinking how many players have come to the club with perfectly good records and just then died in the bosom of DRFC. For the odd exception like a Billy Sharpshooter there's a depressing list of Carl Alfords, Justin Jacksons, Harry Forresters, and Andy Williams. 

mattco

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 29, 2016, 01:46:05 pm by mattco »
Andy Williams is desperate to score and as a result he scuffed shots yesterday when a pass across the box would have been a better option. Because he gets pushed and shirt-pulled he then looks for fouls against him even before they've happened and that detracts from the more important task of winning the ball. He has a good goal-scoring record but seems totally lacking in confidence at the moment. Mind you, given the poor ser vice he gets, can you blame him.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 29, 2016, 02:03:32 pm by Yorkiered »
At the moment he is living off his past goal scoring record. He is no better than another "striker" we have sent out on loan!

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 29, 2016, 02:08:00 pm by bpoolrover »
I thought he did ok yesterday certainly ran hairs socks off

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on March 29, 2016, 03:05:02 pm by Mike_F »
I'm sure most of us have at some point had a boss who we can't get on with. One who persists in doing the same things when it's clear to everyone in the team that they're not working. One who knocks the confidence out of the staff in team meetings. You can get into the habit of setting off to work wondering what sort of shite you're going to have to put up with and it becomes nigh on impossible to focus on the job.

Imagine if that boss then stepped back from a meeting, allowing the staff to come up with suggestions for alternative strategies. Then blasted them for daring to question his (failing) methods...

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 29, 2016, 11:43:19 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
He has to toughen up against receiving defenders attention, instead of pleading with refs, get your own back when you get the chance. Browny had two centre halves hanging off him most games, but he just picked himself up and didn't let it effect his concentration.
The defenders will love that they are stopping him concentrating on the strength in his game, finishing the ball, it's a weakness in his game that he needs to work on.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012