Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 07:20:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tonight's games  (Read 13329 times)

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
Re: Tonight's games
« Reply #90 on April 05, 2016, 10:11:56 pm by turnbull for england »
Did they get more points for 2-0 than 1-0? Main has promise nothing more and many would  have paid his taxi fare to oldham or anywhere else that wanted him. Top and bottom weve relegated ourselves on the pitch with no help from others required, if we had taken care of our own business,  Main could have scored a hat trick every game and wed have still been safe as houses. This hadnt happened so its Newport for us and no point looking up the m62 for blame

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on April 05, 2016, 10:15:55 pm by MrFrost »
An immediate bounce back is the minimum requirement next season, the planning for the L2 title starts here and now

I'm not sure that will fit in with the sustainable model. To go for the title requires ambition, a plan and money.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on April 05, 2016, 10:18:51 pm by Campsall rover »
An immediate bounce back is the minimum requirement next season, the planning for the L2 title starts here and now

I'm not sure that will fit in with the sustainable model. To go for the title requires ambition, a plan and money.
Oh for .... sake give it a rest will you.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on April 05, 2016, 10:21:00 pm by MrFrost »

Clearly stating what a title challenge will take for next season. We've not seen any of it for the last few years why will next season be any different

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on April 05, 2016, 10:21:32 pm by Bentley Bullet »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXp96Um-TAs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXp96Um-TAs</a>

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on April 05, 2016, 10:25:34 pm by steve@dcfd »
I bet a majority of the squad have relegation clauses in their contracts so the club can release them from their contracts.

So we will start all over again with younger players.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on April 05, 2016, 10:27:52 pm by Filo »
I bet a majority of the squad have relegation clauses in their contracts so the club can release them from their contracts.

So we will start all over again with younger players.

I hope so, these players are mentally scared

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on April 05, 2016, 10:30:58 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Clearly stating what a title challenge will take for next season. We've not seen any of it for the last few years why will next season be any different

What wage budgets for league one or two would you see as ambitious?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on April 05, 2016, 10:32:39 pm by IDM »

I am sure we had all those this season - on paper our players are as good as most in the league - but on the pitch it just hasn't happened.

For a 2 month period we were very competitive in this division.  I can't se how we won't be competitive in the 4th.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on April 05, 2016, 10:33:17 pm by MrFrost »

Ambition isn't all about wage budgets.
Actually having a coherent plan and a set up capable achieving the goal would be a start.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on April 05, 2016, 10:35:00 pm by MrFrost »

I am sure we had all those this season - on paper our players are as good as most in the league - but on the pitch it just hasn't happened.

For a 2 month period we were very competitive in this division.  I can't se how we won't be competitive in the 4th.

Really? The plan the board gave us of having seasons pros on every position with 2 younger players under them has really flourished hasn't it?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on April 05, 2016, 10:35:18 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Actually having a coherent plan and a set up capable achieving the goal would be a start.

So that's the managers job, hard to judge him given he came in mid season on that isn't it? Judge his performance but not long term plan?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on April 05, 2016, 10:36:57 pm by MrFrost »

So that's the managers job, hard to judge him given he came in mid season on that isn't it? Judge his performance but not long term plan?

The plan the board set out hasn't materialised. In fact I'm still waiting for it to start almost 2 years after its inception.

Ferguson has wasted a transfer window and relegated us as a result.

Still keep your head in the sand hey.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on April 05, 2016, 10:37:06 pm by The Red Baron »
Sending one of our 3 senior strikers to a relegation rival was an horrendous decision. ...heads should roll.

They weren't a relegation rival at the time

We need 12 points from 6 games, if we still go down then so be it but other results don't really effect the fact we need to win 3 or 4 of the next 6 games

Before tonight I thought 12 might be enough. Now I'm not sure. Probably more like 14, which is a huge ask.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on April 05, 2016, 10:38:27 pm by Campsall rover »
I would expect a wage bill of around 2 million in league 2
That will be in the top 3-4 I reckon.
The important thing is not the wage bill but the right characters with a winning mentality and fantastic team spirit.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on April 05, 2016, 10:39:11 pm by IDM »
The point I was making Frosty is you can plan all you like, but all that goes to pot if the players go out of form and confidence.

Had we continued playing and getting results like we did away at Coventry, Burton, and Southend we would have been top ten looking forward to a full season under Fergie.

Football is fickle - just look at Chelsea this season for example..
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 10:41:29 pm by IDM »

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on April 05, 2016, 10:40:12 pm by steve@dcfd »

But having a coherent plan must be matched by budget to get the right manager and players to achieve it. Then hold them to account.
It can't be, well we give the manager the money it's his fault that we did not get the right players and we got relegated.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on April 05, 2016, 11:26:01 pm by Pancho Regan »
It's almost unbelievable, but we are down now.

Championship to League 2 in two years. What an awful state of affairs.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on April 06, 2016, 12:30:58 am by les@donr »
Same happened to Yeovil, and they struggled in L2 this season.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on April 06, 2016, 02:32:56 am by Sammy Chung was King »
The season started with a comical game against Bury, then struggle, then a brief interlude of hope when Fergie came in, which if it hadn't happened we would already be down.
The players have the same job to do that they had before tonights results, they have to beat Bury to get things going again, no glorious failures, no mucking about, three points no matter what!.
They have a lot of injuries, not been on a good run themselves, they have very little to play for. Our team has their own careers to play for, plus the backroom staff that will be laid off if we go down, it's time to be men and fight for the points, no excuses!.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on April 06, 2016, 08:53:18 am by drfchound »
Tonight's results don't change how fundamentally important it is to get three points (and nothing less) at Bury on Saturday. There's no margin for error left and a point isn't really good enough - it's simply 'go for the jugular' time and do whatever it takes to win.

Hope isn't completely lost just yet, but that game, without a shadow of a doubt, is a must win.

I think arguably the most realistic outcome at present is getting enough points from the next five games to go into the final game of the season with a chance of survival.

Saturday's so much a must win though.

That post reminds me so much of the scene from Monty Python and the Holy Grail when the knight gets his arms and legs chopped off but insists on the other bloke continuing to fight him.
That was really funny as well.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on April 06, 2016, 09:54:44 am by The Red Baron »
Why funny? I don't think there is anything wrong with saying you fight on until safety is mathematically impossible.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on April 06, 2016, 10:21:31 am by idler »
Both teams won with clean sheets. We haven't had nearly enough of these.
You don't concede you get at least a point. Six more clean sheets and six more points we'd be well in the mix, especially if one had been against Blackpool at home.

DRFC-Hanksie

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on April 06, 2016, 12:15:58 pm by DRFC-Hanksie »
Not mathematically down. BUT .. we've gotta start winning, 18 points left to play for and got to rely on the others around us to slip up.

Unlike Crewe ... who can be confirmed relegation next week if they lose at their next door neighbours Port Vale, bit of a shitter to say the least.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on April 06, 2016, 01:43:29 pm by drfchound »
Why funny? I don't think there is anything wrong with saying you fight on until safety is mathematically impossible.

Why funny TRB?
Because I got a mental picture of the knight jumping around in a hopeless situation and it made me laugh.
I then imagined Rigo doing the same thing, with us (rovers) also in a hopeless situation.

I hope that explains it.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #115 on April 06, 2016, 04:38:15 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Yep. Put the entire f**king squad to the codling grinder for me.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on April 06, 2016, 04:42:50 pm by graingrover »
Yes BST ... and close the f****** forum too I hope !

TinyPortal © 2005-2012