Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 06:24:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: what if  (Read 2150 times)

acko

• Forum Member
what if
« on April 09, 2016, 09:18:49 am by acko »
every season since the owners took control we hear about the money they put in to balance the books,what if they put this money in at the start of season to allow the manager to get better quality,get into a better league position,better gate receipts and then at the end of season there shouldn't be a shortfall.hold the manager,chairman.and chief excec responsible if it fails its on their heads.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ian1980

• Forum Member
Re: what if
« Reply #1 on April 09, 2016, 09:34:14 am by ian1980 »
The money they will be putting in will be throughout the year.

Wages, stadium running costs / repairs etc need paying on an ongoing basis. They don't put all the bills on hold until the year end and then suddenly put the money in for everyone to be paid.

The figure shown in the year end accounts (that they have paid in) will have been paid over the whole year, not a lump sum.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 09, 2016, 09:38:39 am by vaya »
Interesting proposal on how to run a business. Everyone in accounts could have about 11 months off.

Two weeks to do year end, couple to do the budget then a leave a big bag of cash in the corner and toddle off.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 09, 2016, 09:42:56 am by Muttley »
That's effectively what they do - they don't turn up in their Bentleys at the end of the season with a boot full of used fivers to make up the "shortfall".

They set objectives - maybe promotion or consolidation or, as some on here believe, relegation.

They set a budget that they believe is sufficient to meet the objectives and is in line with their desired level of financial contribution.

The manager & CEO are tasked with using the budget to meet the objectives.

If during the season it becomes clear that the objectives are not being met then they may increase the budget (ie they will need to contribute more to the shortfall) or they may revise the objectives.

I would imagine their contributions to the shortfall are phased through the year, depending on how much other income is flowing into the club at the time eg zero ticket revenue in the summer might mean that they need to inject cash to cover wages.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 09, 2016, 09:47:43 am by acko »
Probably understand better nowIan and vava,trouble is relegation will probably lead to redundancies,sponsers will start backing off,gate receipts will go down but those responsible for running the club on a even footing will still be in work

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 09, 2016, 09:56:42 am by ian1980 »
I have to agree that relegation will have an impact on areas within the club.

Attendances will drop, by how much I'm not sure, there will always be the hard core following.

I don't know what impact the back office staff will face. Whether the streamlining from Club Doncaster will mean staff cuts are not required or are less severe is to be seen.

As the corporate sponsor for the legends club, we've already signed up for next years sponsorship so I'm not sure sponsorship will necessarily take a nose dive as a result.

You also have to bear in mind that the playing staff wages will also reduce as a result to counter balance the reduce income.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 09, 2016, 10:06:42 am by The Red Baron »
Will the wage bill go down much though? Most of the players are contracted until the end of next season. Unless there are clauses allowing for pay cuts after relegation and/or allowing them to look for new clubs.

Then there is the issue of how many of them you'd really want to keep.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 09, 2016, 10:13:23 am by idler »
There would be even more redundancies though Acko if those footing the bill weren't there.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 09, 2016, 10:18:09 am by acko »
I would think baron that players like Williams,stuckman,alcock will have get out clauses,then maybe even if only a loan signing would mcsheffrey wish to stay and what about mc cullogh if he gets picked for euros would he want to stay,i agree keeping a lot of the players is an issue but we are likely to lose players we would like to keep

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 09, 2016, 10:23:00 am by acko »
Never said there wouldn idler but tell me this,IF there own buissness was losing money every year how long would the people in top jobs ie, managers,ceo or the chairman keep their jobs

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 09, 2016, 10:24:55 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Interesting proposal on how to run a business. Everyone in accounts could have about 11 months off.

Two weeks to do year end, couple to do the budget then a leave a big bag of cash in the corner and toddle off.

I wish!

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 09, 2016, 10:43:34 am by idler »
Never said there wouldn idler but tell me this,IF there own buissness was losing money every year how long would the people in top jobs ie, managers,ceo or the chairman keep their jobs
I'd certainly be having them in to see where it went wrong and how they would put it right. I would also tell them that it couldn't continue.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 09, 2016, 10:46:44 am by RedJ »

Ah, another thinly veiled "get the board out of the club" thread. How refreshing.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 09, 2016, 11:04:50 am by acko »
never mentioned the board red only the people they employ,maybe its you that want to blame the board

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 09, 2016, 11:06:04 am by Muttley »

But running a football club is not like running an ordinary business - with a few notable exceptions, football clubs lose millions and there is no sign that DRFC will break even at any foreseeable point in the future - your focus should be on failure of the employees (players), manager, CEO failing to meet the objectives or stick to the agreed budget.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 09, 2016, 11:13:17 am by acko »
That's basically what I said muttley.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 09, 2016, 02:30:56 pm by roversdude »
That's first time you've not slagged off the board then

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 09, 2016, 08:11:11 pm by RedJ »
never mentioned the board red only the people they employ,maybe its you that want to blame the board

Let's be honest. That's exactly what you're hinting at.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 09, 2016, 10:51:01 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Whatever they put in, and i don't believe they put in three million every year, it hasn't been used well by our managers.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 09, 2016, 10:53:24 pm by Chris Black come back »
That is right Sammy.

If only they had some kind of sage, counsel or adviser who could guide them towards the right players - home or abroad.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012