Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 11:11:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Does Fergie have to go? your thoughts...  (Read 19254 times)

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
Does Fergie have to go? your thoughts...
« on April 09, 2016, 05:01:49 pm by Canadian Rover »
17 games without a win.
Blamed his players...Stuckman, Evina, Williams and more.
The whole Main situation.
Not replaced players adiquately.

He has to go for me. Despite me wanting him here originally. I was wrong.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 05:04:29 pm by Canadian Rover »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrWoodySir

• Forum Member
Re: Does Fergie have to go? your thoughts...
« Reply #1 on April 09, 2016, 05:05:25 pm by MrWoodySir »
I can't really get my head round how he's still here.

I don't want him to be given the opportunity to bring his 'own' players in (he's already done that with all these loans and they're shite), he doesn't deserve a chance in league 2.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 09, 2016, 05:06:50 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
It'll be the big question over coming weeks. The stats are aweful, but I don't know what's going on behind the scenes. It could be there are positives happening... (it is possible!). But next season will be a fresh start, quite probably a bunch of new players, and I think Fergie can do a job.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 09, 2016, 05:07:02 pm by mrfrostsdad »
He should have gone after the debacle at Scunthorpe.
He can't get the players to play. It seems they don't want him there.

It's either that or there is something very wrong at our club from top to bottom that we don't yet know about

essexrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 09, 2016, 05:08:02 pm by essexrover »
If he was honourable he'd resign NOW ( really should've been about 6 games ago). He doesn't deserve to be sacked & get a payoff 😬

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 09, 2016, 05:11:45 pm by Chris Black come back »
Anyone who says he is f**king useless would have a credible case on the stats.

We aren't getting walked over though and theoretically we still have a chance of staying up.

The stats are absolutely damninng though.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 09, 2016, 05:17:38 pm by MrFrost »
Any other club in the country would have sacked him by now. Why are we so different?

HomerJSimpson

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 09, 2016, 05:19:55 pm by HomerJSimpson »
Should have gone after Colchester without doubt. I wanted him here but it hasn't worked.

The fact he's here means he's here regardless of what happens to the club

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 09, 2016, 05:21:02 pm by Cramby10 »
As I said in previous post. 4 points from 48!!!! The position is untenable! And I too wanted him here. And I admit I'm wrong. But I would've taken absolutely anyone over dickov, who, let's not forget, started the rot and should take the majority of blame.
Hundreds of managers have been sacked for better records than the run we are currently enduring!

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 09, 2016, 05:21:16 pm by mrfrostsdad »
It'll be the big question over coming weeks. The stats are aweful, but I don't know what's going on behind the scenes. It could be there are positives happening... (it is possible!). But next season will be a fresh start, quite probably a bunch of new players, and I think Fergie can do a job.

I respect your opinion, but what have you seen that makes you think he can do a job?
He has failed miserably. He has let seasoned pro's go and not replaced them. He has brought in loan players who are quite frankly, garbage. He has to go now.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 05:38:17 pm by mrfrostsdad »

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 09, 2016, 05:21:50 pm by MrFrost »
So again, why do we persist with him?
He'd have gone at any other club so why are we so different?

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 09, 2016, 05:22:22 pm by mrfrostsdad »
ps. I wanted him here too and I was wrong as well

Tom-RTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 09, 2016, 05:25:51 pm by Tom-RTID »
He has to go. Don't trust him to sign the right players in the summer after some of the signings this season

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 09, 2016, 05:27:59 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Any other club in the country would have sacked him by now. Why are we so different?

One difference is that we had already sacked someone. To repeat it again so close to the end of the season is unlikely to be effective, or maybe you can show where a club has appointed a new manager mid season, and then where it has been effective sacking him near the end of the season v where it hasn't?

It's just that without comparing like with like it's not showing anything that relates to our club at the end of this season.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 09, 2016, 05:32:58 pm by MrFrost »

One difference is that we had already sacked someone. To repeat it again so close to the end of the season is unlikely to be effective, or maybe you can show where a club has appointed a new manager mid season, and then where it has been effective sacking him near the end of the season v where it hasn't?

It's just that without comparing like with like it's not showing anything that relates to our club at the end of this season.

So on the basis we've already sacked a manager this season, we should keep the current one regardless of the results?

To let Fergie have a crack at next season would be criminal and show those running the club know absolutely nothing about football.

CrippyCooke

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 09, 2016, 05:33:45 pm by CrippyCooke »

Not the strongest of arguments for keeping him.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 09, 2016, 05:39:56 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I respect your opinion, but what have you seen that makes you think he can do a job?
He has failed miserably. He has let seasoned pro's go,out on loan and not replaced them. He has brought in loan players who are quite frankly, garbage. He has to go now.

I think the club had gone progressively stale. Fergie tried to change that with I imagine a view to cementing things for the next season. Through injuries and maybe other reasons the players coming in didn't give what he expected, the spirit at the club fell, and here we are. I think he knew it was a risk, a small one, and worth taking in the bigger picture. It didn't work out that way.

So, for me, it's more that "it didn't work out" than "He's shit". He's still to prove himself at a club with a bunch of his own players. I think he could do with us. He might not. Are there a lot of people ready to take his seat, anyone really looking a genuine possibility who you'd bank on doing a better job?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 09, 2016, 05:40:36 pm by The Red Baron »
If we go down - and if looks more like when now- he has to go.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 09, 2016, 05:46:01 pm by RoversAlias »
He has to go for me, I can't see us ever winning a game under him again. There is NO credible defence of the man and the job he has done. I think he's the worst manager we've had in my time supporting the club, going back to 1999.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 09, 2016, 05:47:58 pm by BigH »
Yes, but he's only one part of the problem.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 09, 2016, 05:52:04 pm by IDM »
What's been the difference in how DF has worked before and after the Gillingham game?  We've gone from play off hunting form around Christmas time to all but relegated now.

This is a hard one to call because on results alone in 2016, no one would be surprised to see DF sacked.

What if we had kept Dickov or Jones and had the same results, would we have been happy to take Fergie on over the coming summer?

I won't lose sleep if he goes, but I expect he may be given the start of the season to get this club on the bounce back?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 09, 2016, 05:52:40 pm by normal rules »
Hmmmm, in All my rants I've not once asked for df to go. I am a bit ambivalent on this currently.

I do believe that when we go down, it may be better keeping him as he will know what needs to be done to change things, starting with a clear out big time.

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 09, 2016, 05:53:25 pm by swintonrover »
I'm all for giving managers time, but surely he has to go. When we got relegated from the Championship, we were crippled by injuries and had a tiny wage budget for the division. Now, we have a relatively large budget and practically a fully fit squad (barring the man who's been out injured longer with a broken toe than most people are with broken legs/cruciate damage) and we aren't just bad, we are unequivocally shit. No excuses anymore. It hasn't worked out, we move on.
I am curious though as to what happened after Stoke which has resulted in the worst run of form in the country by a significant distance. There's more to it than the odd off day/lack of luck.

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 09, 2016, 05:53:39 pm by southwestexile »
Get the duffer out. Everyone is saying how bad our players are but they are capable of decent performances, just need the right plan, motivation and spirit - new manager now to get a broom out for the summer and kick on next year

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 09, 2016, 05:59:08 pm by Chris Black come back »
He has failed miserably. He has let seasoned pro's go,out on loan and not replaced them. He has brought in loan players who are quite frankly, garbage. He has to go now.

I think the club had gone progressively stale. Fergie tried to change that with I imagine a view to cementing things for the next season. Through injuries and maybe other reasons the players coming in didn't give what he expected, the spirit at the club fell, and here we are. I think he knew it was a risk, a small one, and worth taking in the bigger picture. It didn't work out that way.

So, for me, it's more that "it didn't work out" than "He's shit". He's still to prove himself at a club with a bunch of his own players. I think he could do with us. He might not. Are there a lot of people ready to take his seat, anyone really looking a genuine possibility who you'd bank on doing a better job?

I think "stale" is probably the precise description of where we are.

No blame on anyone, but we look like we are willing to settle for mediocrity - and this season have failed even to do that.

Stale, stale, stale.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 09, 2016, 06:09:34 pm by grayx »

That's my thoughts also.
I really thought he would do a decent job here but now I don't think  I'd trust him to bring in the right players within the limited budget he's gonna be working with.
God knows who we'd get get now though. Perhaps looking at someone doing well in lower league might be the way to go.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on April 09, 2016, 06:11:51 pm by The Red Baron »

That's my thoughts also.
I really thought he would do a decent job here but now I don't think  I'd trust him to bring in the right players within the limited budget he's gonna be working with.
God knows who we'd get get now though. Perhaps looking at someone doing well in lower league might be the way to go.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, Marcus Bignot. Solihull Moors need two points from four games to clinch the NL North title.

He's one who takes time to build a team, but I think that's what we need now rather than a quick fix.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 06:15:06 pm by The Red Baron »

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 09, 2016, 06:12:25 pm by Chris Black come back »
If you want to create a winning culture then you cannot credible have a manager next season preaching to players - even a totally new squad of players as we will need next season - after presiding over this utter debacle.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 09, 2016, 06:16:10 pm by Yorkiered »
He is still here because the powers that be haven't got a f**king clue what to do about the situation.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 09, 2016, 06:37:36 pm by keith79 »
Always next season with some people on here. Let him have a proper pre-season. Let him get his own players in.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012