Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 02:34:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Does Fergie have to go? your thoughts...  (Read 19258 times)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re: Does Fergie have to go? your thoughts...
« Reply #30 on April 09, 2016, 06:42:00 pm by RoversAlias »
I'd be pleased to see someone like Marcus Bignot come in. Played extensively in the football league, has cut his teeth at the non-league level and learned the trade of being a manager for nearly two decades (albeit a fair chunk of that in the women's game).

Yes Fergie will know what needs fixing (hopefully) if he stays but does he actually have the ability to cause that change? Because he's failed miserably so far to turn us around.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 09, 2016, 06:42:46 pm by Danmckay456 »
What's to say these players can cut it at league 2 , just because we are a division above doesn't guarantee us finishing high up next season , We don't have a consistent defender on the books no pace or cutting edge in midfield and strikers who blow hot and cold . Why we gave idiots like Chaplow and Mackenzie two year deals I'll never know

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on April 09, 2016, 06:43:42 pm by idler »
What's to say these players can cut it at league 2 , just because we are a division above doesn't guarantee us finishing high up next season , We don't have a consistent defender on the books no pace or cutting edge in midfield and strikers who blow hot and cold . Why we gave idiots like Chaplow and Mackenzie two year deals I'll never know
I was a bit apprehensive when he was named but you have to give him a chance.
We have done that but the lack of bringing in experienced defenders when they were so obviously needed baffles me.
Most successful clubs get the defence right first. We have been abysmal in defence all season.
We needed defenders that could defend and a midfield that offered some protection. Most supporters could see it, why not the management and coaching staff?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 09, 2016, 06:58:26 pm by normal rules »
There's nothing to say a new manager will be any better or different.

Surely the situation with the team and df cannot get any worse?

He had a winning formula at posh, although there are stories of him only ever playing the diamond and having no plan b.

Maybe rovers just is not geared up for his style of play.

His playing experience was 14 games at Man U, some time at Wolves and most of his career at Wrexham, with some success.

Maybe he is not geared up to be a manager and his experience at posh more more down to right place right time.

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on April 09, 2016, 07:01:28 pm by Donnyjim »
Any (I mean any) other club would have sacked him ages ago. The simple truth is our 'board' can not be arsed and do not care. They are just as shite as fergie and the players in my humble opinion. This is a catalogue of culpable disasters   - the board are a heavy part of this. Where is the f@#king  leadership for Christ sake? Effing basics!

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 09, 2016, 07:20:55 pm by grayx »
It really is like the Dickov disaster all over again.
Have the powers that be learned from the last time?
Giving this manager longer or God forbid a pre-season isn't the answer.
His remit went from challenging for the play-offs to staying in league 1, and he's failed on both. He needs to go NOW, get someone in sharpish to assess what needs to be done in pre-season and let's move forward.
The worrying thing is that we are playing in what I think is a poor league 1 and we are losing against poor sides. I'm not sure league 2 will be any easier.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on April 09, 2016, 07:22:54 pm by Lesonthewest »
It'll be the big question over coming weeks. The stats are aweful, but I don't know what's going on behind the scenes. It could be there are positives happening... (it is possible!). But next season will be a fresh start, quite probably a bunch of new players, and I think Fergie can do a job.

Just listened to Fergies interview & he sounds as frustrated as the rest of us, yes he has made mistakes & he as manager has to take the brunt, but he is convinced he has what it takes to turn this club around, & I for one believe him, give him the chance in the summer to sort this mess out.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 10:37:39 pm by Lesonthewest »

raithy

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on April 09, 2016, 07:23:21 pm by raithy »
He has to go for me and the sooner the better!

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 09, 2016, 07:25:08 pm by Canadian Rover »
I listened to it and felt sick...basically putting the blame on Williams for not scoring. Way to destroy what little confidence he had....he is a very poor leader whose arrogance shines through. He keeps going on about us dominating teams...really?

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on April 09, 2016, 07:26:57 pm by esdailles left foot »
After the showing again today he's got to go. We just don't pass the ball, hoof it up the field and hope for the best. Teams we play control the game and always look in control and can step it up a gear, play with us if you must. If this is a preview of next season's tactical master class count me out.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on April 09, 2016, 07:28:15 pm by les@donr »
Yes.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on April 09, 2016, 09:10:25 pm by MrFrost »
It'll be the big question over coming weeks. The stats are aweful, but I don't know what's going on behind the scenes. It could be there are positives happening... (it is possible!). But next season will be a fresh start, quite probably a bunch of new players, and I think Fergie can do a job.

Just listened to Fergies interview & he sounds as frustrated as the rest of us, yes he has made mistakes & he has manager has to take the brunt, but he is convinced he has what it takes to turn this club around, & I for one believe him, give him the chance in the summer to sort this mess out.

So because he is convinced he can turn it round we give him a chance?
He's hardly going to say in his interview that he's hopeless and doesn't know what to do is he?

To give him preseason would be criminal. Unfortunately, I don't believe the board know what to do either so will play it safe, stay with Fergie and hope they can wing it again.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on April 09, 2016, 09:21:42 pm by Lesonthewest »

Just listened to Fergies interview & he sounds as frustrated as the rest of us, yes he has made mistakes & he has manager has to take the brunt, but he is convinced he has what it takes to turn this club around, & I for one believe him, give him the chance in the summer to sort this mess out.

He's hardly going to say in his interview that he's hopeless and doesn't know what to do is he?

To give him preseason would be criminal. Unfortunately, I don't believe the board know what to do either so will play it safe, stay with Fergie and hope they can wing it again.

Yes it would be absolutely criminal to give a manager his first pre-season wouldn't it, & yes I do believe him because he has promotions on his cv, if you don't then that's your choice, I do though thanks.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on April 09, 2016, 09:23:26 pm by MrFrost »

Yes it would be absolutely criminal to give a manager his first pre-season wouldn't it, & yes I do believe him because he has promotions on his cv, if you don't then that's your choice, I do though thanks.

He's had promotions on his CV when he's had a shed load of cash to throw around.
You're certainly in a minority, backing a manager that has worse record than Mark Weaver.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on April 09, 2016, 09:25:10 pm by drfchound »
He also has relegations on his CV and another one to add to them now.
Fergie has to go.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on April 09, 2016, 09:25:14 pm by Canadian Rover »

[/quote]

However...he'll be trying to get us promoted from a league he shouldn't have got us relegated to in the 1st place.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on April 09, 2016, 09:33:24 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
He doesn't have a worse record than Weaver. That's just one of those lies that's halfway round the world before the truth has got its boots on. Please don't repeat it because it is wrong.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on April 09, 2016, 09:36:03 pm by MrFrost »
He doesn't have a worse record than Weaver. That's just one of those lies that's halfway round the world before the truth has got its boots on. Please don't repeat it because it is wrong.

I can't recall which games Weaver had in charge. It was probably never clear.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on April 09, 2016, 09:43:03 pm by RedJ »

Is this a worse run than O'Driscoll's at the end? It feels as though it may be.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on April 09, 2016, 09:45:05 pm by Lesonthewest »

However...he'll be trying to get us promoted from a league he shouldn't have got us relegated to in the 1st place.
[/quote]

I agree, but it is what it is, he has made mistakes & the players have let him & the supporters down. I do believe however in the long run he will be successful & if it means taking a step back to go forward then so be it.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on April 09, 2016, 09:46:33 pm by drfchound »
It is worse than oDriscolls run.

Out of interest did Weaver ever have a run of four points from 48?

mattco

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on April 09, 2016, 10:27:55 pm by mattco »
Rotherham were brave enough to change managers twice when relegation looked likely and it seems to have worked for them. And they didn't spend 5 weeks intrrviewing candidates.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on April 09, 2016, 10:45:08 pm by Lesonthewest »

He's had promotions on his CV when he's had a shed load of cash to throw around.
You're certainly in a minority, backing a manager that has worse record than Mark Weaver.

He had 8 free transfers in his first season, he had money yes, but shedloads is a bit overboard. Don't really give a monkeys I'm in a minority, my view, my opinion.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on April 09, 2016, 10:49:53 pm by Not Now Kato »
Hmmmm, in All my rants I've not once asked for df to go. I am a bit ambivalent on this currently.

I do believe that when we go down, it may be better keeping him as he will know what needs to be done to change things, starting with a clear out big time.

Erm, how can he have a clear out big time when he's already issued contracts to a load of crap?  A worse record  than Dickov and people  want to continue with him? The mind boggles.......

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on April 09, 2016, 10:51:04 pm by les@donr »
He has to go either when we are down or at the end of the season, he has failed in his job as manager, therefore he deserves his P45.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on April 10, 2016, 03:01:37 am by hoolahoop »
IMO NO and there's far more to this stretching back to Dickov's tenure than some on  here have avoided discussing . Week in , week out those same folk have skirted around those inherited difficulties ........in light of this it's a definite keep Fergie Jnr.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on April 10, 2016, 04:07:18 am by PDX_Rover »
Like a man with a meat cleaver in his head, I'm in two minds. He's disappointed hugely. But, I think he might get us back up. One thing is for sure: we need a big shake up and a very decent budget. No doubt Ferguson already has a list of acquisitions. He surely by now accepts that he has to build from the back. And he needs to be ruthless. I think he just might be.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on April 10, 2016, 08:18:15 am by The Red Baron »
He hasn't got a clue when it comes to "building from the back."

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on April 10, 2016, 08:24:18 am by DRFCSouth »
He should be given next season as the squad he inherited was Dickov's essentially.

I don't think our situation is a whole lot worse by going down, as opposed to languishing around mid table towards the bottom. Hopefully gives us chance to get rid of some dead wood and a chance to build a no excuses squad for next season.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on April 10, 2016, 08:30:34 am by Donnywolf »
IMO I have passed caring.

There is something amiss somewhere though because when this Manager took over optimism abounded (and lots of "us" took the 150/1 for promo but backed that up with the ludicrously generous odds of 5/1 for a top half finish - and I for one was certain I would be collecting on the latter)

We seemed to have the squad and Manager to do it and as happens with most sides the Manager is seen as the catalyst or orchestrator during periods of success - bringing in expertise whether that be Coaching Tactical set up Team selection or genuine "nous" - it seems to be down to the Manager. After all you can spend all you like as Chelsea and Man City have done recently on the best available Players (in their opinion) but without the "right man" at the top success eludes the Club as it still does at Man City.

So when inevitably a Club / Team / Side are not successful and that could be for a single reason or combination of reasons including some of which may not be obvious to us as paying fans the buck should stop with the Manager whether that is justified or not.

I have already bought my ST for next year and intend watching as many of the games as I can. I have watched Rovers on and off for as long as I can recall but cant remember a time when I was not that bothered about watching us at home in our next game.

It may be an age thing but IMO I have stopped caring (hopefully temporarily) - we are down - and there is nothing vaguely entertaining happening (for me) at any recent game to MAKE ME WANT to go and share the blind optimism that almost every fan of every Club has .

The football is dull and predictable and the Team have no confidence whatsoever and I look forward to it returning soon so that I can go to games and watch them being played out between 2 Teams not just one - and with both those Teams having a chance of getting a result. At the moment that looks a long long way off but with my blind optimism we will be "back"!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 08:33:21 am by Donnywolf »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012