Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 09:29:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Does Fergie have to go? your thoughts...  (Read 19253 times)

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
Re: Does Fergie have to go? your thoughts...
« Reply #60 on April 10, 2016, 10:16:08 am by Draytonian III »
He needs replacing NOW , not at the end of the season, not after 10 games of next season, not at Xmas. He can only manage when he has lots of money to buy players,who he doesn't find, Barry  Fry did that for him. Also his father used to lend him players from United, it's his father's name that gets and keeps him in a job

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on April 10, 2016, 10:27:49 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Out of interest did Weaver ever have a run of four points from 48?

No, he didn't. But on the overall record, Ferguson's is, of course, far better than Weaver's.

We regularly see that wrong star posted about Weaver having a 30% win record. He might have in the Stockport Sunday League, but with us, his record was something like 3-4 wins and 3 draws in 25-26 games (I'm not sure on the exact date that he became part of the management (sic) team, but whenever it was, his win rate was no better than 12-15% - Ferguson's record is 7 wins and 6 draws in 29 games, which is still f**king awful, but a good bit better than the Mark and Danny show.)

Capmeister

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on April 10, 2016, 11:59:06 am by Capmeister »
The sad thing is the rot's not gonna stop with relegation. The apathy and indifference running through our club is suffocating. The whole team needs an overhaul. The reality is that's like a toddler climbing Everest. It won't happen anytime soon. Until somebody at the top takes an interest, it's gonna be shitsville I'm afraid. We've had a good run over the last 15-20 years. At least the last 16 games have prepared me for a diet of shite football.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on April 10, 2016, 11:38:19 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
We cannot keep writing seasons off, and with him in charge that's what is going to happen. I don't care how much some on here don't like it, this board hasn't been running things to get success on the pitch. Yes they might be doing well behind the scenes, but this is supposed to be a football club not a business venture.
 If the team on the park aren't performing, then the players, manager, coaching staff and board are all failing. I can take losing just about, but our club has been all about excuses for about four years now, apart from the promotion season.

If they are doing so well behind the scenes and they want to carry on running the show, then for gods sake give whichever manager is in charge the funds to build a permanent team. They can either use this as a temporary set back, or carry on lending other peoples youth team players, i am sick of hearing about exciting times, it's a load of rubbish empty talk!.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on April 10, 2016, 11:40:52 pm by RedJ »
We cannot keep writing seasons off, and with him in charge that's what is going to happen. I don't care how much some on here don't like it, this board hasn't been running things to get success on the pitch. Yes they might be doing well behind the scenes, but this is supposed to be a football club not a business venture.
 If the team on the park aren't performing, then the players, manager, coaching staff and board are all failing. I can take losing just about, but our club has been all about excuses for about four years now, apart from the promotion season.

If they are doing so well behind the scenes and they want to carry on running the show, then for gods sake give whichever manager is in charge the funds to build a permanent team. They can either use this as a temporary set back, or carry on lending other peoples youth team players, i am sick of hearing about exciting times, it's a load of rubbish empty talk!.

Yet Ferguson has said they've helped him get the players he wanted. But no, they've obviously not backed him.

Cos it's not as if he hasn't got a history of getting young loanees in, is it? Jesus f**king wept.

Not being funny but I can't remember a single one of your posts that hasn't been packed with cliches that are "a load of rubbish empty talk" as well.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on April 10, 2016, 11:48:42 pm by Sammy Chung was King »

Yet Ferguson has said they've helped him get the players he wanted. But no, they've obviously not backed him.

Cos it's not as if he hasn't got a history of getting young loanees in, is it? Jesus f**king wept.

Not being funny but I can't remember a single one of your posts that hasn't been packed with cliches that are "a load of rubbish empty talk" as well.

What i want to know is why is jesus crying?.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on April 11, 2016, 02:38:03 am by hoolahoop »
IMO NO and there's far more to this stretching back to Dickov's tenure than some on  here have avoided discussing . Week in , week out those same folk have skirted around those inherited difficulties ........in light of this it's a definite keep Fergie Jnr.

You can't seriously be blaming Paul Dickov for what is probably going to be relegation?

Is that what I have written really Rigo - it isn't and you should know better given your profession. I am merely stating that we ought to look at the underlying issue that has made this club badly underperform under several different managers. No club should go from the sublime to the ridiculous as often as we have under the last 4  managers . There has to be a structure that is so intrinsically weak to provide these sort of results .
Many questions ought to be asked and that's where you as a sports journalist could get more involved. For instance what practices happen at our club vs other stable clubs . what's different ? Please don't just tell me it's the manager because I believe we would be avoiding the main issues by lumping it all on one man. Failings , of this magnitude , need resolving and  sacking himbmight just perpetuate those failings and merely paper over the cracks.
I don't want to see that . Sack him by all means but the failings need addressing

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on April 11, 2016, 09:30:51 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
It's a tricky one as he inherited a really poor situation.  However the run we have had cannot be accepted in any form and for that I cannot see how we can keep him, it's just not strong enough a position to go forwards with.

PopStander

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on April 11, 2016, 09:51:45 am by PopStander »
If we were on this run earlier in the season he would of gone, at this point now, no one can keep us up! Let his contract run out at the end of the season and we don't have to pay him off, he is on a rolling contract. Need to give someone the summer to build a promotion team!

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on April 11, 2016, 09:57:57 am by Yorkiered »
If we were on this run earlier in the season he would of gone, at this point now, no one can keep us up! Let his contract run out at the end of the season and we don't have to pay him off, he is on a rolling contract. Need to give someone the summer to build a promotion team!

Yet another poster who doesn't understand a rolling 12 month contract.  :facepalm: :facepalm:

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on April 11, 2016, 10:01:49 am by Sad-Rovers »
Popstander, every day he has 365 days in front of him.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on April 11, 2016, 10:02:53 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I would be surprised if it didn't have performance clauses though. 

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on April 11, 2016, 10:04:27 am by The Red Baron »

I agree there is little to be gained by sacking him now, but from the date his contract is terminated he is owed 12 month's wages. Although there may be some scope for negotiations.

And to think that back around Christmas time some folk were worried he might be poached!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on April 11, 2016, 10:06:33 am by The Red Baron »
I would be surprised if it didn't have performance clauses though. 

That's a good point. It would be nice to think that the contract could be terminated by a month's notice either side in the event of relegation.

Either that, or there's a very substantial pay cut involved.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on April 11, 2016, 10:11:49 am by hoolahoop »
 :facepalm:
It's a tricky one as he inherited a really poor situation.  However the run we have had cannot be accepted in any form and for that I cannot see how we can keep him, it's just not strong enough a position to go forwards with.

Fair enough bfyp but and this is a big BUT what is happening or maybe should be happening needs addressing this is becoming a recurring theme despite who manages the team. I suspect first of all that since Dickov's days that player(s) thought they were running the team and no-one was managing or supporting our managers when they needed and with the money they needed. Our obvious lack of any pro-active actions speaks volumes . This is more than a manager (s) ignoring obvious problems that are all too obvious to the supporters. Does it take too long to get decisions on purchases, loanees, contracts etc.

Are our lines of communication blurred or even fit for purpose ? Can we make decisions quickly when required ?

It's possible that some folk have forgotten that this is a football club whilst in pursuit of sustainability. What use sustainability when there is no stability ?

What can we learn from Bournemouth for example. Somehow sustainable with a population of some 191,000 and some rich fellas running that club too ? Are they getting a return on their investment never mind " break even" ?

Have they speculated to accumulate ?
Is it all about Eddie Howe ?
How did they get around the FFP rules if indeed they had to ?
How did they get promoted in the 1st place with seemingly limited income streams ?

I remember, when we were struggling, to keep our position in the Championship asking similar questions about Burnley  !
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 10:30:09 am by hoolahoop »

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on April 11, 2016, 02:11:21 pm by ravenrover »
I think the rich bloke running Bournmouth has had more than a fair return on his investment, remind me how much you get for reaching the PL never mind what you get for staying there! Also what assets do Bournemouth hold that would make them attractive to this rich bloke in the 1st place?
I agree though Hoola you need to put he money in, in the first instance and worry about FFP afterwards, it would be interesting to see their accounts for the last 2 seasons compared to ours after we won the 1st Div and the year in the Championship

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on April 11, 2016, 02:28:01 pm by Lifelong supporter »
In reply to the OP's question it seems he doesn't think so...and neither does our wonderful chairman if the back page of today's Doncaster Star is to be believed.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on April 11, 2016, 02:45:37 pm by acko »
The definition of a rolling contract is as quoted CONTRACTS.a one year rolling contract entitles the employee I year from the date of commencement,if after that time the employee can walk away or a further year can be awarded if agreeable by both parties,the they are tied to a further year,so the only entitlement DF would be pay for the remainder of contract to the date he signed.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on April 11, 2016, 03:08:16 pm by silent majority »
The definition of a rolling contract is as quoted CONTRACTS.a one year rolling contract entitles the employee I year from the date of commencement,if after that time the employee can walk away or a further year can be awarded if agreeable by both parties,the they are tied to a further year,so the only entitlement DF would be pay for the remainder of contract to the date he signed.

So you don't understand what a 'rolling' contract means?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on April 11, 2016, 03:50:30 pm by normal rules »
What if he stays and the poor run continues and we are in the bottom four of lge 2 after say ten games next season.

I can really see this being a reality.

What, realistically is going to change between now and then?

The collective issues this club has at the moment around the inability to grind out a result are deep seated I believe and go beyond just the players and manager.

Didn't Ferguson himself suggest there was something not right at the club and he intended to address it?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on April 11, 2016, 03:57:27 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

*facepalm*

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on April 11, 2016, 04:32:11 pm by RoversAlias »
What, realistically is going to change between now and then?

The main difference is that we will be in League Two. I agree with you though.

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on April 11, 2016, 04:39:00 pm by One_Matty_Lucas »
Hmmmm, in All my rants I've not once asked for df to go. I am a bit ambivalent on this currently.

I do believe that when we go down, it may be better keeping him as he will know what needs to be done to change things, starting with a clear out big time.

Erm, how can he have a clear out big time when he's already issued contracts to a load of crap?  A worse record  than Dickov and people  want to continue with him? The mind boggles.......

I would like to see if these new contacts have relegation clauses (beneficial to the club).

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on April 11, 2016, 05:13:06 pm by Yorkiered »

To try and simplify what a rolling 12 month contract means for you Acko.
Today DF has 365 days left on his contract.
Tomorrow he will have 365 days left on his contract.
in a weeks time he will have 365 days left on his contract.
In a months time he will have 365 days on his contract.

Like old man river it just keeps rolling along!!!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on April 11, 2016, 05:18:35 pm by Bentley Bullet »
What if it's a leap year?  :)

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on April 11, 2016, 05:24:26 pm by Yorkiered »
Maybe he will get a one day bonus?
errrrr no maybe not.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on April 11, 2016, 05:27:40 pm by RedJ »
That's the day we sack him, obviously.

What i want to know is why is jesus crying?.

I notice you've absolutely no response to that which says it all really.

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on April 11, 2016, 05:43:52 pm by knockers »
In reply to the OP's question it seems he doesn't think so...and neither does our wonderful chairman if the back page of today's Doncaster Star is to be believed.
I didn't realise the Doncaster Star was still for sale.

Rich_The_Conisbrough_Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on April 11, 2016, 06:23:16 pm by Rich_The_Conisbrough_Rover »
It's Fergie's fault were in the mess, it's him to picks the starting 11 and 5 subs week in and week out, I'd sack him not and just see the season out without worrying how shite we're going to perform every Saturday.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on April 11, 2016, 07:00:55 pm by acko »
Of course your right SM,GLYNN and YORKIERbut then there will be a performance clause built in could just be minimum league position.In fergies case he was told that the club didn't want to spend another season in league 1,target achieved league2 next season give the man another contract

TinyPortal © 2005-2012