Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 12:45:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Does Fergie have to go? your thoughts...  (Read 19256 times)

ferribyrover

• Forum Member
Re: Does Fergie have to go? your thoughts...
« Reply #90 on April 11, 2016, 07:10:56 pm by ferribyrover »
Young Fergie, is he still here?
we have poor players and a poor manager. Changes required. It's embarassing.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on April 11, 2016, 09:28:43 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Of course your right SM,GLYNN and YORKIERbut then there will be a performance clause built in could just be minimum league position.In fergies case he was told that the club didn't want to spend another season in league 1,target achieved league2 next season give the man another contract

Oh do please enlighten all of us exactly what the performance clause is that you're saying is definitely there. Unless you're just speculating and stating it as fact, of course.

PS why give him another contract when he's on a rolling contract?

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on April 11, 2016, 09:49:47 pm by BobG »
Just an idea chaps:

Who sits between the men with the money and the man we'd like to have the spending of it?

What's his role in what's been going on I wonder....I don't know the bloke, but I've read several posts on here that don't paint him in a positive light. I hear the club accountant has resigned too. Wonder why he did that?

BobG

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on April 12, 2016, 12:17:10 am by Sammy Chung was King »
That's the day we sack him, obviously.

We cannot keep writing seasons off, and with him in charge that's what is going to happen. I don't care how much some on here don't like it, this board hasn't been running things to get success on the pitch. Yes they might be doing well behind the scenes, but this is supposed to be a football club not a business venture.
 If the team on the park aren't performing, then the players, manager, coaching staff and board are all failing. I can take losing just about, but our club has been all about excuses for about four years now, apart from the promotion season.

If they are doing so well behind the scenes and they want to carry on running the show, then for gods sake give whichever manager is in charge the funds to build a permanent team. They can either use this as a temporary set back, or carry on lending other peoples youth team players, i am sick of hearing about exciting times, it's a load of rubbish empty talk!.

Yet Ferguson has said they've helped him get the players he wanted. But no, they've obviously not backed him.

Cos it's not as if he hasn't got a history of getting young loanees in, is it? Jesus f**king wept.

Not being funny but I can't remember a single one of your posts that hasn't been packed with cliches that are "a load of rubbish empty talk" as well.

What i want to know is why is jesus crying?.

I notice you've absolutely no response to that which says it all really.

Red, I didn't say he had no backing, my point that i have repeated over numerous posts, which is more than likely p..sing a lot of people off. Is that i want them to allow the manager, whoever he may be good funding for wages and signing on fees or even transfer fees. So that he can build a permanent team, with a loan or two here and there.
My opinion as a fan, is that loans are good to add extra ability you couldn't afford to buy, but basing most of your team on loan players isn't good long term.
 The board pay whoever manages the club, and for them to release a lot of funds, they need to trust he is the man who can turn things round.

My opinion on the manager is overall upto now, he hasn't impressed me enough to give me a feeling he can change things for the better. I have been wrong countless times and i would be happy to be so again!. In the end the board pay the wages, they will make the decision, and whatever they decide i will support, i don't agree with some decisions they make, but in the end people change but the club you support don't.
 You wish you hadn't asked for an answer now don't you?, i have practically wrote a book on the subject!. :laugh:

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on April 12, 2016, 09:39:59 am by BobG »
Ah well. You can take a horse to water......

BobG

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on April 13, 2016, 01:14:06 am by les@donr »
Yes, get Gary Johnson in from Cheltenham, he has done a brilliant job there turning them around.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on April 13, 2016, 01:45:11 am by hoolahoop »
IMO NO and there's far more to this stretching back to Dickov's tenure than some on  here have avoided discussing . Week in , week out those same folk have skirted around those inherited difficulties ........in light of this it's a definite keep Fergie Jnr.

You can't seriously be blaming Paul Dickov for what is probably going to be relegation?

No
What if he stays and the poor run continues and we are in the bottom four of lge 2 after say ten games next season.

I can really see this being a reality.

What, realistically is going to change between now and then?

The collective issues this club has at the moment around the inability to grind out a result are deep seated I believe and go beyond just the players and manager.

Didn't Ferguson himself suggest there was something not right at the club and he intended to address it?

Thank God for that . Someone at last fully realising what many an older head recognises. It's nigh on impossible for someone to be given a top position in a failing institution and expect them to change it when they are not fully supported. The whole ethos of the club has to change and every Tom, Dick, and Harry calling for the workman's head when quite clearly he is working in a toxic environment without the adequate tools to do the job is frankly ridiculous. That whole environment has to be changed and that takes time, money and cool heads.

I don't think either manager were given what they wanted nay needed to succeed. Now if someone wants to prove me wrong then go ahead. Since when was the St. Leger run for young colts and knackered pit ponies ?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on April 13, 2016, 02:04:17 am by hoolahoop »
Just an idea chaps:

Who sits between the men with the money and the man we'd like to have the spending of it?

What's his role in what's been going on I wonder....I don't know the bloke, but I've read several posts on here that don't paint him in a positive light. I hear the club accountant has resigned too. Wonder why he did that?

BobG

I think there's going to be some fallout over the financial failings of the club. Was Fergie asked to make do in January for instance to make that bottom line look healthier ? Did he see the weaknesses that everyone accuses him of not seeing ? I wondered about the role of the middle man not only now but before when Dickov was promised the fat of the land only to find a "scorched earth" policy existed. Ffs that man started one of his seasons with about 14 players on the books !

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on April 13, 2016, 08:33:36 am by idler »
PD had no success at Oldham and then oversaw our relegation.
He either hasn't applied for or been given another managerial position.
DF had mixed success at Peterborough but failed miserably at Preston.
How much they were helped or hindered by the board we don't know but neither had proven themselves to be great managers at previous clubs.
We were warned what to expect by Oldham and Peterborough fans and their observations have proved to be very accurate in both cases.
I just can't see DF turning it around. I have seen some terrible runs in nearly sixty years watching the Rovers but for being totally inept this is right up there with them. We are lucky to have any fans left with the tripe served up at home in most of the last four or five seasons.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on April 13, 2016, 08:54:19 am by The Red Baron »
Agreed, idler, which is why next time we appoint a manager we should go for a younger one who has perhaps had success at a lower level.

DRFC-Hanksie

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on April 13, 2016, 12:27:38 pm by DRFC-Hanksie »
He's got to go for me. Over 3 months since we last won, it's getting beyond a bit of a joke now.

dijit8

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on April 13, 2016, 02:18:02 pm by dijit8 »
At the time of his appointment Ferguson and Wilson were the two from the ones reported as having been interviewed that I would have chosen.

Perhaps what we need is a director of football or someone on the board with a better understanding of football. As good a businessmen TB and DW are, by their own admission football was not really on their radar before they came in to help support John Ryan.

The last two seasons have been a really disappointment as were expected to do far better than we have, the previous year in the Championship, although a disappointment in the way we went down, we were one of the favourites to go down so the expectation wasn't as high.

There are a number of players who have been poor under Dickov, Jones and Ferguson and some pretty dire team performances in general.

The board have to decide if they are going to back Ferguson or not, if they don't think he can turn things round next season then need to get a new manager in pretty quickly rather than take weeks to find his replacement.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on April 14, 2016, 12:18:07 am by Sammy Chung was King »
At the time of his appointment Ferguson and Wilson were the two from the ones reported as having been interviewed that I would have chosen.

Perhaps what we need is a director of football or someone on the board with a better understanding of football. As good a businessmen TB and DW are, by their own admission football was not really on their radar before they came in to help support John Ryan.

The last two seasons have been a really disappointment as were expected to do far better than we have, the previous year in the Championship, although a disappointment in the way we went down, we were one of the favourites to go down so the expectation wasn't as high.

There are a number of players who have been poor under Dickov, Jones and Ferguson and some pretty dire team performances in general.

The board have to decide if they are going to back Ferguson or not, if they don't think he can turn things round next season then need to get a new manager in pretty quickly rather than take weeks to find his replacement.

The options other than him were not great were they?. In hindsight we could have done worse than Danny Wilson out of the candidates picked. Ferguson seemed the best out of the ones interviewed.
I don't see the board sacking him anyway, they have pinned their colours to him, they think they have chosen right with him, so i guess thats it, we will just have to see what he can do.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012