Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:31:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Proper football last night  (Read 1639 times)

Hitchin Exile

• Forum Member
Proper football last night
« on April 28, 2016, 01:36:25 pm by Hitchin Exile »
Last night went to watch the original canaries play...that being my local team of Hitchin Town v Hungerford Town in the Evostick Southern play off semi final.
Brilliant attendance approx 2000 there considering £10 for adults under 16s were free.
Anyway things going well pint of guiness in hand stood on the wooden terracing the smell of onions and burgers wafting by cigarette smoke lingering and my mind wanders off to days at Belle Vue .

Anyway after a stalemate first half two quick second half goals for Hitchin has the drummer and old and youth alike singing and dancing .
Then the sleet and snow came and christ it was like a freezing evening game at Boundary Park.
But despair with 4 mins to go Hungerford are 2-3 up and set for the final against Redditch.
The sound of 2 nil up and u F****d it up being sang loud and pround by the 30  travelling fans of Hungerford.

Great night football how football should be.

Oh ye ...the Hungerford players could shhhhoooottt well :rtid:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Re: Proper football last night
« Reply #1 on April 28, 2016, 02:05:46 pm by The Red Baron »
It's actually Leamington who Hungerford play in the Final. Sounds like a grand night though.

Hitchin Exile

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 28, 2016, 02:21:57 pm by Hitchin Exile »
Oh was told when leaving the ground that it was Redditch , my apologies

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 28, 2016, 02:26:59 pm by The Red Baron »
Leamington won on penalties after scoring very late on in normal time, so perhaps that is why your informant was wrong.

Makes a difference to Hungerford. They would have had to travel to Redditch but now they get home advantage. Final is on Monday at 3pm.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 28, 2016, 08:24:31 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
Great. Hungerford vs Leamington - two grounds I've not been to, but one will be in the Conference North/South next season (and I'm still trying to do them all).

And I've been to Redditch and Hitchin, too...
Great. Hungerford vs Leamington - two grounds I've not been to, but one will be in the Conference North/South next season (and I'm still trying to do them all).

And I've been to Redditch and Hitchin, too...
I only live about 32 miles from Hungerford and am a frequent visitor to their modest ground in Bulpit Lane. Their average attendance is only 149 so their achievements this year are truly astonishing. Without a doubt there will be at least twice that number of Leamington supporters next Monday, so should be a great atmosphere! Really looking forward to this game! A real game of football!

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 28, 2016, 09:20:46 pm by 5minstogo »
Spent many a Saturday at Top Field with my Dad. Proper football

TinyPortal © 2005-2012