Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 11:56:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: MAIN  (Read 6630 times)

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
Re: MAIN
« Reply #30 on April 29, 2016, 11:35:37 pm by Lesonthewest »
If he has 12 months on his contract we should want at least a fee for him

Let him rot in the reserves.

The vitriol aimed at Curtis says a lot more about those who are abusing him than it does about Curtis.

When he was a member of our squad he suffered endless criticism. The majority of posters on here were delighted when he was sent off on loan to Oldham. You treated him as a failure and you delighted in his being shifted out.....'good riddance' was the majority verdict.

Then, to your disgust, Curtis is given a run in Oldham's first team, he is given a vote of confidence, and he starts scoring goals.
Ironically, his goals help Oldham to pull away from us in the relegation battle and while we continue to stumble and fail, Oldham secure their safety.

To add fuel to the fire, Curtis decides to stay where he is wanted, where he is valued, and where he is allowed to play football, instead of giving all that up in order to return to the club which didn't want him, and to return to the 'fans' who abused him in the first place.

Good luck to the lad. Shame on you lot who couldn't wait to get rid of him.

He had total support on the pitch from most on here I dare say, myself included. What he did on the pitch however was flatter to deceive. He was awful in almost every game he pulled on the shirt, in the early season game at York when he arrived I thought at last we have someone with the strength & presence we needed, how wrong that was, what we had was a player in the mould of Sean Thornton & Lewis Guy all rolled into one, the first being putting his hand down to his knee saying give me the ball I am really good, to the latter of running into blind alleys, going down like a sack of s---e, turning his back on challenges & ducking out of headers. Good luck at Oldham fella & shame on me having that opinion.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on April 29, 2016, 11:45:40 pm by Pancho Regan »
Well, you've nothing to be concerned about then Les.

You gave him total support when he was with us, and you wish him luck at Oldham.

Good on you.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on April 30, 2016, 12:51:12 am by hoolahoop »
Hopefully a transfer is on the way. I don't want him back at this club ever again.

If we go down you wont as we will maybe not come back for a long time

Don't talk like a defeatist fanny Dave .People that know you in real life wouldn't believe how irrationally negative you are on here and the reverse applies.
For those that don't know Dave personally , he isn't a bit like he would have you believe on here......

He's twice as negative outside Rovers :)  lol

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on April 30, 2016, 07:52:50 am by i_ateallthepies »
It's a football forum Regan, what is the point if people aren't allowed to offer their opinions.  He certainly warranted criticism for so many gutless performances, the fact that three managers didn't favour him shows the criticism was not unjust. So long as we weren't booing and berating him on the pitch there is nothing wrong with it.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on April 30, 2016, 09:01:00 am by idler »
I don't think that the spin when he arrived as part of the Husband deal helped.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 30, 2016, 09:16:41 am by drfchound »
It's a football forum Regan, what is the point if people aren't allowed to offer their opinions.  He certainly warranted criticism for so many gutless performances, the fact that three managers didn't favour him shows the criticism was not unjust. So long as we weren't booing and berating him on the pitch there is nothing wrong with it.

I think the point is that lots of people were booing and jeering him on the pitch.
I could barely believe some of the stuff that was aimed him from people around me in the south stand.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on April 30, 2016, 11:33:55 am by i_ateallthepies »
Hound, I totally agree, there's an old guy sits right behind me drives me nuts.  I used to look at the team lineup with dread if Main or Keegan were in it.  Every sodding time the ball went near either of them he would be moaning and jeering.  Spoils my enjoyment for one thing and does nothing for the players.

My reply was in response to Regan's post No.27 complaining about comments on this thread.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on April 30, 2016, 12:22:32 pm by Lesonthewest »

Wasn't really concerned but thanks anyway. Just out of interest Pancho what are your views on him as a players while he was with us?
Well, you've nothing to be concerned about then Les.

You gave him total support when he was with us, and you wish him luck at Oldham.

Good on you.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 30, 2016, 02:52:41 pm by keith79 »
I Dont think he was as bad as people make out

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on April 30, 2016, 03:04:14 pm by Chris Black come back »
The Lewis Guy comparison.

Thing about Lewis is that he was fast as fook. We all knew he was otherwise useless but his pace would worry defenders until around half time when then figured out he wouldn't be a danger even if he went past them. Same I guess with LFW. He was a big chap and worried defenders even though he was worse in air than Simon Gillett.

With Curtis I just struggle to think of any attribute that would worry opposition?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012