Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 12:22:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: League 2  (Read 17867 times)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: League 2
« Reply #30 on April 30, 2016, 11:04:51 pm by IDM »
The blocks closest to the away end towards the NW corner are not used, to reduce policing costs.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on April 30, 2016, 11:05:18 pm by StocktonRover »

A friend of mine is a Scunny fan and he has a mate who goes to every match home and away.
The other year when they went down to League 2 (year we went up at Brentford) he did an extra 1000 miles on his travels.
Who will we have next year?
Mansfield and Notts County closest with possibility of Grimsby if they come up.
And unless we get a good cup run and get some half decent sides the Keepmoat is going to be a very ghostly place

As I said expect large parts of the stadium to be closed next season as we attempt to reduce running costs.

We already closed a third of the west stand for this season.

It's going to be horrible.

I feel sorry or those who put hard work into the black bank. I can't see that being anywhere near as popular next season.

Still. We're sustainable.

A third!
You need to open your eyes and your mind and start talking facts instead of fiction.

The bottom 3 blocks were closed at the last home game. How many blocks are there all together?
No they weren't.
My season ticket is in the last section in use before the closed section. Seat number 713. At most there are 850 -900 seats in a row which is far less than a third

Stick to facts not sensationalised fiction.

Fact remains that we've closed areas of the stadium to save money.

I can guarantee you more areas will be closed next season.

Frosty - just because you say "fact" doesn't make it a fact - stick to actual facts and give the sensationalised fiction you mascarade as "fact" a rest.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on April 30, 2016, 11:06:46 pm by MrFrost »

A friend of mine is a Scunny fan and he has a mate who goes to every match home and away.
The other year when they went down to League 2 (year we went up at Brentford) he did an extra 1000 miles on his travels.
Who will we have next year?
Mansfield and Notts County closest with possibility of Grimsby if they come up.
And unless we get a good cup run and get some half decent sides the Keepmoat is going to be a very ghostly place

As I said expect large parts of the stadium to be closed next season as we attempt to reduce running costs.

We already closed a third of the west stand for this season.

It's going to be horrible.

I feel sorry or those who put hard work into the black bank. I can't see that being anywhere near as popular next season.

Still. We're sustainable.

A third!
You need to open your eyes and your mind and start talking facts instead of fiction.

The bottom 3 blocks were closed at the last home game. How many blocks are there all together?
No they weren't.
My season ticket is in the last section in use before the closed section. Seat number 713. At most there are 850 -900 seats in a row which is far less than a third

Stick to facts not sensationalised fiction.

Fact remains that we've closed areas of the stadium to save money.

I can guarantee you more areas will be closed next season.

Frosty - just because you say "fact" doesn't make it a fact - stick to actual facts and give the sensationalised fiction you mascarade as "fact" a rest.

It is a fact that blocks have been closed to save on costs.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on April 30, 2016, 11:07:06 pm by StocktonRover »
The blocks closest to the away end towards the NW corner are not used, to reduce policing costs.

Absolutely true, but they don't make up a third of the West stand as our resident doom monger claims.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 30, 2016, 11:09:58 pm by MrFrost »

Absolutely true, but they don't make up a third of the West stand as our resident doom monger claims.

It was a guess. I'm really sorry that I couldn't get the mathematics right from memory

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on April 30, 2016, 11:12:17 pm by StocktonRover »

It was a guess. I'm really sorry that I couldn't get the mathematics right from memory
Ah - I get it now. Your Facts are based on guesses. That clears that up then.   

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 30, 2016, 11:13:00 pm by MrFrost »

The fact is sections of the stadium have been closed to cut costs
Stop being a pedantic tosser

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on April 30, 2016, 11:15:53 pm by StocktonRover »

Well stop posting guesses as fact.

You're obviously rattled to respond with that outburst. I suggest you go and have some positive thoughts and relax.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 30, 2016, 11:19:14 pm by MrFrost »

You're obviously rattled to respond with that outburst. I suggest you go and have some positive thoughts and relax.

You clearly are unable to read or grasp the point I've made. Maybe have a sleep and read it again in the morning when you've woken up a bit

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on April 30, 2016, 11:28:23 pm by StocktonRover »

You clearly are unable to read or grasp the point I've made. Maybe have a sleep and read it again in the morning when you've woken up a bit

Frosty - I have no problem reading or grasping what you have posted. The thing is I don't peddle fiction as facts to support a wave of negativity.
Enjoy your sleep and dream of something positive - just for once!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on April 30, 2016, 11:55:24 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
We're going to win the league so....  people will watch winning football at any level...

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on April 30, 2016, 11:59:54 pm by MrFrost »
We're going to win the league so....  people will watch winning football at any level...

Deluded
Unless that's winning the fair play league

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on May 01, 2016, 12:03:43 am by PDX_Rover »
I reckon the Frosts draw lots on random subjects at half time and then post negativity on said topics until bedtime. Research and facts just confuse things. And they have a crystal ball too.

The club has shafted the Black Bank.
Vast swathes of the ground will be closed off next season to save money.
Crowds will be 4000
Away support will be 2-300
We're doomed next season.
The board actually want the club to fail.

Are you professional mourners by day?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on May 01, 2016, 12:14:25 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Deluded
Unless that's winning the fair play league

No I'm just not the most miserable, defeatist, negative person known to man. The club will turn it around.  It's a bad day today but we knew it was coming.  We've now got to see the club build again and it will.  It's been a lot worse.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on May 01, 2016, 11:13:38 am by RobTheRover »
Frosty fella, go have a listen to this.....

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on May 01, 2016, 11:21:50 am by Jonathan »
What is the actual point that you're trying to make here Frosty? You seem to be revelling in the knowledge that parts of the stadium may be closed to cut costs. Should they be kept open to increase costs?

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on May 01, 2016, 11:25:02 am by Red wizard »
At the end of the day we are not that club we was at olb anymore. If we are not top 6 min next year then we have crooks in charge. Home fans will stay around the same numbers as they are now, win ,win, win and they will come and we will get more home fans than we have this year. Away numbers will be down. My worry is these relegation clause's in contracts. I not so sure there will be one and we will struggle to get rid of a few. You only put relegation clause's in if you think your going to struggle. I don't think we thought we was going to in less the wage budget numbers are much lower than were told.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on May 01, 2016, 11:43:27 am by MrFrost »
What is the actual point that you're trying to make here Frosty? You seem to be revelling in the knowledge that parts of the stadium may be closed to cut costs. Should they be kept open to increase costs?

Once you starting reduce the capacity and this being reflected in the safety certificate it's difficult and costly to increase it again.

Then there's the question of stadium maintenance. Have you been to the Keepmoat lately? It's in very poor repair. There's recently been a building and asset survey. The results are very interesting

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on May 01, 2016, 11:49:55 am by Filo »

Once you starting reduce the capacity and this being reflected in the safety certificate it's difficult and costly to increase it again.

Then there's the question of stadium maintenance. Have you been to the Keepmoat lately? It's in very poor repair. There's recently been a building and asset survey. The results are very interesting

Go on then, what are these interesting results?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on May 01, 2016, 11:53:31 am by MrFrost »

Short version is that there needs to be considerable amounts spent on it to keep it up to scratch.

Not sure who is responsible for that whether it be the club or council, although I can't see either having the inclination to do it.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on May 01, 2016, 11:55:30 am by Filo »

Short version is that there needs to be considerable amounts spent on it to keep it up to scratch.

Not sure who is responsible for that whether it be the club or council, although I can't see either having the inclination to do it.

Can we have a longer version?

Where can we find these results?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on May 01, 2016, 11:59:53 am by MrFrost »

You won't do.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on May 01, 2016, 12:03:51 pm by Filo »

You won't do.

OK, how are you privvy to this information that you're reluctant to share?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on May 01, 2016, 12:08:30 pm by MrFrost »

You won't do.

OK, how are you privvy to this information that you're reluctant to share?

One of the guys who's performed said survey works for us.
I'm not too interested in whether you believe me. It will soon become apparent whether any work gets done.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on May 01, 2016, 12:18:46 pm by Filo »
I've no reason not to believe you, I'd just like you to quantify your statements from your latest whingefest, something a bit more substantive than "I know of many", "I've got a mate", "from the bloke that did it" kind of statement. Money needs spending on any kind of property or building as anyone who owns buildings or property will tell you, why is the KM any different?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 12:22:10 pm by Filo »

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on May 01, 2016, 12:20:09 pm by wilts rover »

That's interesting, how does not using a section of the ground because you dont need the seats affect the safety certificate? I thought this was issued when a ground was built and stayed in place unless there were modifications (like the erection of a big screen). Not using an area isn't a modification.

Perhaps you can show me, this is the offical guidance that you obviously know?

http://www.safetyatsportsgrounds.org.uk/sites/default/files/publications/safety-certification-guidance.pdf

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on May 01, 2016, 12:20:53 pm by Jonathan »
So, to be clear, is your concern that closing parts of the stadium will increase costs? In which case surely you cannot also be concerned that we will close parts of the stadium to reduce costs?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on May 01, 2016, 12:24:11 pm by MrFrost »
So, to be clear, is your concern that closing parts of the stadium will increase costs? In which case surely you cannot also be concerned that we will close parts of the stadium to reduce costs?

I think I've made the point clear

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on May 01, 2016, 12:38:13 pm by Yorkiered »

It's very noticeable you never ask for any elaboration on the snippets of information your pal drops into the forum every so often.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on May 01, 2016, 12:39:19 pm by MrFrost »

It's very noticeable you never ask for any elaboration on the snippets of information your pal drops into the forum every so often.

Exactly. I'm still waiting to hear the details we were promised two years ago with regards to how the Husband departure would turn into a fantastic bit of business for us.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012