Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 07:10:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Those that stay....  (Read 7327 times)

wing commander

• Forum Member
Those that stay....
« on May 17, 2016, 10:47:25 am by wing commander »
     We are all waiting to hear which of our players are being released/transfer listed this summer,its begs the question can we as fans forget this season and give the ones who stay a fresh start...Pretty much everyone one of them has come in for scathing criticism on here and rightly so,as we haven't just underachieved this season, its been a total failure...
     However the fact remains our budget is our budget and some of the players listed wont attract much interest based on their performances this season ,so when the new season comes around some will still be here...
     It's very easy to come out with the "we will support whoever wears the hoops" line but Football is all about confidence and its going to be hard not to jump on players backs early on with this season still in our minds...
     Take ATS for instance,still under contract and now carrying a long term knee injury..Nobody will want to sign him this summer so he will still be here come kick off...He was visibly upset with the abuse he received against Burton and knows he's not wanted as do one or two others...
     Maybe the black bank should get a few songs together for these lads to give them a lift in pre season,regardless of how we feel about them,as who knows a new season and a fresh start we  might start to see why we signed some of them in the first place...
    My worry is if we get on at them too early..next season might be a lot harder than we hope....

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

eastender

• VSC Member
Re: Those that stay....
« Reply #1 on May 17, 2016, 11:23:24 am by eastender »
A lot of those that go will find it hard to get another club , given that they haven't covered themselves in glory this season.
Look a Adam Hammill one of Barnsley's saviours this season. It took a player of his quality until November find a club , then it was only on a short term contract.
I think that some of our failures next contract will be at Tesco's.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 11:43:27 am by eastender »

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 17, 2016, 11:40:18 am by wing commander »
    The thing is Eastender if they don't find another club who want them,then will not go anywhere as they still have a contract with us, and we cant afford to both pay them up on the year they have left and assemble a competitive bigger squad due to the new loan rules...

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on May 17, 2016, 11:52:34 am by eastender »
True , but if they want a future in football , then stopping at a club that doesn't want you and being stubborn isn't going to make you attractive to anyone.
If the club then decides not to play you at all, you become forgotten , then trying to find a club the season after will become twice as hard.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 12:04:37 pm by eastender »

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 17, 2016, 12:02:18 pm by bpoolrover »
They will have no choice to stay, there not going to put themselves on the dole and lose 100k s year

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 17, 2016, 12:05:20 pm by wing commander »
   I disagree with that mate, If I was one of those players transfer listed I would obviously want my agent to hawk me round other clubs to see if I could get a deal elsewhere this summer..However there is a lot of players looking for clubs and that will be difficult..If I didn't get a club I would stay at Rovers for next year..For one I'm getting a wage every week,i'm keeping fit and i would hope to get a loan elsewhere knowing Rovers would contribute to some of my wages whilst I'm gone,making me a cheap player and keeping me in the shop window....

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 17, 2016, 12:12:50 pm by eastender »
True again, but who wants to loan some stiff from an L2 club when there are plenty of hungry young lads and senior pro's from all 3 higher leagues wanting the same.
I think some of them wouldn't even get a loan deal, unless it's in the Conference or lower.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 17, 2016, 12:27:02 pm by wing commander »
     Well for a start f they stay they get paid over the summer..Most lower league clubs leave it later to sign new players or agree pre contracts to avoid paying them during close season...So they will have plenty of time to decide....but i wouldn't throw away a years wages to take a chance elsewhere unless somebody actually wanted to sign me...We will have to see how it pans out and who is actually listed...Quite a few rumours flying about so we will have to wait for the club to tell us..

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on May 17, 2016, 01:02:18 pm by eastender »
I have just been reading some of DF's comments , and reading between the lines i don't think he will be too happy with any player who he's told to find another club , and then turns up for pre season training.

Wade Falana

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 17, 2016, 01:29:05 pm by Wade Falana »
I was talking to one of our players on Saturday and they've all been given a 50% wage decrease, some are ok with this some aren't.

They've all been told if they can find another club then Donny wont stand in their way.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 17, 2016, 01:31:26 pm by silent majority »
They will have no choice to stay, there not going to put themselves on the dole and lose 100k s year

No where near that figure in LG2.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 17, 2016, 01:45:10 pm by wing commander »
I was talking to one of our players on Saturday and they've all been given a 50% wage decrease, some are ok with this some aren't.

They've all been told if they can find another club then Donny wont stand in their way.

Maybe they wont release a transfer list then...Just make everybody available and see who they can get off the books..Although that makes recruitment harder...But yes 100k is way to high for league 2 I suspect 30-50k is the average...But I wouldn't lose any sleep for a single one of them so those that are not happy can go elsewhere....

RoverAtUni

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 17, 2016, 02:42:04 pm by RoverAtUni »
Average wage for League 2 was apparently £49,600 in 2006. So would expect it to of increased 10 years on, though I suppose it would fluctuate depending on what teams are in the league.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 17, 2016, 02:51:48 pm by MrFrost »

Then what is it? You're always quick to tell someone they're wrong with a figure but never back it up with anything.

Same with season tickets.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on May 17, 2016, 07:45:55 pm by silent majority »

Then what is it? You're always quick to tell someone they're wrong with a figure but never back it up with anything.

Oh dear, who's rattled your cage?

The average in LG2 is £850 a week.

(and I'm still right on the ST's too!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 17, 2016, 09:04:55 pm by MrFrost »

Still not forthcoming with any figure for that though are you?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on May 17, 2016, 09:06:53 pm by silent majority »

No, but at least my statements and posts are based on solid fact unlike the vast majority of negative second hand information that you post.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 17, 2016, 09:57:25 pm by MrFrost »

No, but at least my statements and posts are based on solid fact unlike the vast majority of negative second hand information that you post.

Where is the solid fact?

What you've said is also second hand information, because you claim it came from a club official makes no difference.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 18, 2016, 12:47:33 am by Sammy Chung was King »
A lot of those that go will find it hard to get another club , given that they haven't covered themselves in glory this season.
Look a Adam Hammill one of Barnsley's saviours this season. It took a player of his quality until November find a club , then it was only on a short term contract.
I think that some of our failures next contract will be at Tesco's.

The player that was training with us, but wasn't good enough to sign, what a c..k up that was!.
The club won't get rid of everybody. I see them retaining, going by the released players already mentioned, Lund/Evina/Butler/Middleton/Williams/Mandeville/Marosi, Alcock/McCullough/Coppinger.
 I thought they would release marosi, but i think they will give him another contract as back up keeper!. Also Taylor-Sinclair still has time on his contract, and the injury means he might get another chance in the future.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on May 18, 2016, 05:06:41 am by PDX_Rover »

Where is the solid fact?

What you've said is also second hand information, because you claim it came from a club official makes no difference.

Surely coming from the Chief Executive has a bit of weight Frost? Not like the third hand toilet graffiti you seem intent on peddling?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 18, 2016, 08:47:21 am by MrFrost »

Where is the solid fact?

Surely coming from the Chief Executive has a bit of weight Frost? Not like the third hand toilet graffiti you seem intent on peddling?

Where is the proof that it has come from him?

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on May 18, 2016, 08:54:47 am by PDX_Rover »
It's kind of inherent in the responsibility SM has? Where's the proof it's not true?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on May 18, 2016, 10:32:21 am by silent majority »

Where is the solid fact?

Where is the proof that it has come from him?

Its like arguing with a 5 year old.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on May 18, 2016, 02:36:31 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Not quite. 5 year olds finally get bored and change the f**king subject.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on May 18, 2016, 03:04:29 pm by MrFrost »
Not quite. 5 year olds finally get bored and change the f**king subject.

There's an ignore button BST if you don't like it.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on May 18, 2016, 10:34:10 pm by BobG »
Trouble is Frosty, if we all click to ignore you, 85% of the entire forum will disappear in the blink of an eye. Speaking personally, I think what would be left would be of infinitely higher quality, but we've all got used to reading acre after acre of your negativity. Be a bit of a culture shock not facing up to that every night.

BobG

TinyPortal © 2005-2012