Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 06:14:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: New health update for Newyankee.  (Read 33991 times)

bobbymax

• VSC Member
Re: New health update for Newyankee.
« Reply #150 on August 31, 2016, 05:49:22 pm by bobbymax »
RIP

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #151 on August 31, 2016, 05:59:52 pm by idler »
I'll chip in as well.
Maybe if you have a picture of Derek in his earlier days Bally you could maybe post it on here (with Donna's permission of course). It would be fitting maybe if we could put a face to a name. I always find it sad that when fans pass away it might be someone that you have seen for years but never knew their name.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #152 on August 31, 2016, 06:00:41 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Perhaps given that Derek was a regular poster on here and made a contribution to both the rovers and the dons it would be a suitable gesture if we were able to get a plaque in his name to go in the memorial garden at the keepmoat. I am sure plenty on here would contribute a small sum each to cover the costs.

Thoughts?
Nice thought, im in.

Yep, me too.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #153 on August 31, 2016, 06:05:19 pm by roversdude »
Never met Derek but I'm gutted by this news
Thoughts are with Donna and family

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #154 on August 31, 2016, 06:09:15 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Rip Derek. Thoughts to his family and friends. Happily donate, too.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #155 on August 31, 2016, 06:13:07 pm by Metalmicky »
Perhaps given that Derek was a regular poster on here and made a contribution to both the rovers and the dons it would be a suitable gesture if we were able to get a plaque in his name to go in the memorial garden at the keepmoat. I am sure plenty on here would contribute a small sum each to cover the costs.

Thoughts?
Never new the bloke, but I'm in also.... always stuck me as a very sincere and upstanding chap, who I held in high esteem.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #156 on August 31, 2016, 06:29:52 pm by Dagenham Rover »
 Sad to hear RIP Derek, thoughts go out to all his family and friends

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #157 on August 31, 2016, 08:13:28 pm by RoversAlias »
Very sad news to hear, I did dread it clicking on the thread after seeing it had had a few updates today. Puts all this transfer deadline business into stark perspective.

A memorial plaque sounds a great idea, and maybe we should rename one of the boards of this forum in his honour since he was such a worthwhile contributor for many years?

Rest in peace Derek, you'll always be part of the Rovers family and certainly part of this forum.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #158 on August 31, 2016, 08:23:50 pm by mushRTID »
RIP fellow rover.

ZiggerZagger

• VSC Member
« Reply #159 on August 31, 2016, 08:37:01 pm by ZiggerZagger »
R.I.P Yankee mate.

Till the next time we meet and have a few more beers chatting about the old days at Belle Vue.

robchester

• Forum Member
« Reply #160 on August 31, 2016, 08:53:04 pm by robchester »
RIP Derek sleep well fellow rover.

Juddy

• VSC Member
« Reply #161 on August 31, 2016, 09:02:40 pm by Juddy »
Count me in for a contribution RIP Derek

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #162 on August 31, 2016, 09:04:44 pm by roversdude »
And me

walter the red

• VSC Member
« Reply #163 on August 31, 2016, 09:11:57 pm by walter the red »
RIP in peace fellow Rover -thoughts to all family and friends

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #164 on August 31, 2016, 09:24:50 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Hope he finds some time to have a word with the gaffer up there, but most of all peaceful wishes to him and Donna. A positive fan, will miss his posts  :scarf:

scaley back rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #165 on August 31, 2016, 10:08:18 pm by scaley back rover »
Sad news rest in peace Derek

ballysbackin

« Reply #166 on August 31, 2016, 10:25:27 pm by ballysbackin »
I am sure that Derek himself as well as Donna would be very touched by the comments on this thread. Tonight I had to tell my son that "uncle Derek had died today of Cancer, as did my wife. You may understand his feelings just like every one of us that is touched by the bas**rd.

Could I just say for the wizz boys, Derek sent me a photo which is on my Downloads of him and Donna just this March but I cannot get it onto VSC, help please.

Secondly, I have spoken to Ray Green last Saturday at the match about a plaque in the Memorial Garden which is not kept in good repair and maintenance I have seen myself the state of it and consider it a disgrace to the memories of those named within, if it has been cleared recently I apologise to the Club. I must say that I am touched also by your comments, if you could leave it with me please until I speak with Donna, but can I say from the offset that I had intended to pay for it myself. I would also ask you to wait until I have instructions from Donna and I have liaised with Liam Scully. Also Carl Hall at the Dons - I shall update you.

As you are aware his colours will be cremated with him....

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #167 on August 31, 2016, 10:37:48 pm by Alickismyhero »
Derek and me worked hard to form a contact in America to bring in college players from America to Donny during Sean O'Driscoll's period. It was very close to being successful but fell at the point Sean was sacked. Derek and me had some very big disagreements during this period but, I am pleased to say, we were able to kiss and make up. Derek was Rovers through and through, as we all are, and this is a very sad day for all concerned.
I have a photo of Donna and Derek, taken recently, if anyone wants to use it, with Donna's permission of course, you will be welcome.
What happens now? Derek will stand next to my old man and probably talk about "Albert Broadbent" and past memories. RIP Derek I will miss the phone calls.

THIS IS NOW THE "DEREK BLACKHAM" SEASON.

Terry

ballysbackin

« Reply #168 on August 31, 2016, 10:47:58 pm by ballysbackin »
Terry

I have sent the one when they went to Hawaii in March, it may be the same as you have.. Yes they are up there now...I hope that all is well with the boss. Speak soon

Mick

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #169 on August 31, 2016, 11:00:45 pm by Drover »
Really sad news,RIP Derek,Condolences to his friends and family.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #170 on August 31, 2016, 11:03:15 pm by RobTheRover »
For everyone wondering if they knew Derek by sight if not by name,  Mick has just emailed me the photo below of Derek and Donna,  taken in March this year.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #171 on August 31, 2016, 11:38:30 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Really sorry that Derek has passed away. I didn't know him only from on here, let out bits and bobs what he had done during his life serving rugby teams and football.
Wouldn't it be good if we could create a small section on this page, to the people who have passed away and their monicker that they used on here?.
I don't know if others are the same but i wonder where odd one's have gone, who used to post.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #172 on August 31, 2016, 11:48:46 pm by RobTheRover »
I can think of 2 other former posters who aren't with us any more.

RIP Ziggy and Knottingley Brian

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #173 on August 31, 2016, 11:55:24 pm by Filo »
I can think of 2 other former posters who aren't with us any more.

RIP Ziggy and Knottingley Brian

Also Warby and another one who's username a can't remember, he got attacked and left with a head injury which he sadly died from

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #174 on September 01, 2016, 12:00:59 am by RobTheRover »
Forgot about Warby (Ade was a lovely fella) ,  and the other lad was the one attacked near the Flying Childers wasn't he?

Edit : Joe Devine was the other lad. 
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 12:04:46 am by RobTheRover »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #175 on September 01, 2016, 12:06:12 am by Filo »
Forgot about Warby (Ade was a lovely fella) ,  and the other lad was the one attacked near the Flying Childers wasn't he?

Edit : Joe Devine was the other lad. 

Thats the other lad Rob

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #176 on September 01, 2016, 12:07:24 am by RobTheRover »
How could I forget Beany and Stevesky (Philsky's dad) either.

Too many taken from the rovers family.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #177 on September 01, 2016, 01:30:56 am by BillyStubbsTears »
RIP NY

Had a few interactions. You were always thoughtful and courteous, which I can't claim for myself.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #178 on September 01, 2016, 07:45:38 am by Copps is Magic »
Secondly, I have spoken to Ray Green last Saturday at the match about a plaque in the Memorial Garden which is not kept in good repair and maintenance I have seen myself the state of it and consider it a disgrace to the memories of those named within, if it has been cleared recently I apologise to the Club. I must say that I am touched also by your comments, if you could leave it with me please until I speak with Donna, but can I say from the offset that I had intended to pay for it myself. I would also ask you to wait until I have instructions from Donna and I have liaised with Liam Scully. Also Carl Hall at the Dons - I shall update you.

Bally, I walked by the memorial garden the other day when buying tickets and it looked OK. Perhaps the club have done some work to it? I will leave it with you mate. When you've sorted everything, send me a message on here and we'll set up an online donation page to cover any costs. Don't pay for it yourself. When one of your own passes, it's the tradition of rovers fans to stick together and show collective appreciation, and that's what we'll do.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #179 on September 01, 2016, 07:50:08 am by Bentley Bullet »
Would a plaque on the Keepmoat wall, next to the personalised bricks be more suitable?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012