Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:27:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: More racist killing in america  (Read 1800 times)

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
More racist killing in america
« on July 17, 2016, 08:25:50 pm by bpoolrover »
More police shot and killed in America, can't see it stopping in the near future
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 08:27:52 pm by bpoolrover »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Orlandokarla

• Forum Member
Re: More racist killing in america
« Reply #1 on July 23, 2016, 02:10:46 pm by Orlandokarla »
It won't while minorities perpetuate this 'Us' and 'Them' mentality.

On a similar note, I had to point out to somebody in Orlando that the shootings at the Pulse nightclub was an attack on the community of Orlando, and not just an attack on the gay community of Orlando. Nobody gets to claim exclusive right to grief; it affected everybody.

ALL LIVES MATTER.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on July 27, 2016, 10:05:55 am by bobjimwilly »

I'm sure it isn't the minorities fault there is an Us and Them mentality!

On a similar note, I had to point out to somebody in Orlando that the shootings at the Pulse nightclub was an attack on the community of Orlando, and not just an attack on the gay community of Orlando. Nobody gets to claim exclusive right to grief; it affected everybody.

ALL LIVES MATTER.

It WAS an attack on the gay community though; the shooter targeted that club because it was a gay club. No-one has claimed exclusive right to grief, but you can't dismiss that it was a homophobic attack on the gay community.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 27, 2016, 05:49:13 pm by wilts rover »

I'm sure it isn't the minorities fault there is an Us and Them mentality!

ALL LIVES MATTER.

It WAS an attack on the gay community though; the shooter targeted that club because it was a gay club. No-one has claimed exclusive right to grief, but you can't dismiss that it was a homophobic attack on the gay community.

Whilst it was certainly an attack on the gay community, can it accurately be described as homophobic if the gunman himself was gay?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/14/orlando-gunman-was-a-regular-at-lgbt-nightclub-pulse-before-atta/

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 28, 2016, 01:03:22 pm by MachoMadness »
It definitely can if the gunman struggled to reconcile his own sexuality with his hardline religious fundamentalism. It no doubt led to a lot of confusion and self-loathing. Not all gay people are out and proud, sadly.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012