Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:25:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rugby League  (Read 2313 times)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Rugby League
« on July 24, 2016, 10:16:09 pm by roversdude »
Could somebody please explain how the RL qualifiers work - why aren't Leeds involved having finished below Wakefield and Widnes

Also what will happen with points York have

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Re: Rugby League
« Reply #1 on July 25, 2016, 06:12:18 am by The Red Baron »
Wakefield and Widnes are in the top 8. They will be part of the play off for the Super League title.

Leeds are in the middle eight, along with the other teams who finished 9-12 in the SL and the top 4 in the Championship. The 4 teams with the best records after the play off will compete in SL next season.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_League_Super_8s

York City Knights? Still to be decided.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 06:18:11 am by The Red Baron »

LongbridgeMGRover

« Reply #2 on July 25, 2016, 09:16:33 am by LongbridgeMGRover »
So sad about York even if it helps the Dons. I hope they survive maybe under different ownership. The Dons have been in this type of mess and survived.
Also bad news seems to be coming from Sheffield Eagles. Being homeless and in debt is not good for a team.

I can't believe I am saying this but I wonder if some of the Murdoch/Sky inspired proposals for regional super clubs in 1993 might be worth revisiting?

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 25, 2016, 09:50:35 am by roversontheup »
York City owner interested in owning and running the York RL club. Similar to Club Doncaster I guess. I think a couple of other business men are also interested. So hopefully they don't fold.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on July 25, 2016, 12:35:53 pm by roversdude »
Cheers guys must be the tables on BBC teletext confusing me

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 25, 2016, 02:31:47 pm by The Red Baron »
York City owner interested in owning and running the York RL club. Similar to Club Doncaster I guess. I think a couple of other business men are also interested. So hopefully they don't fold.

I find that interesting, because the immediate cause of their demise is apparently because York City would not allow them to play the Dons on what is their pitch.

I say "immediate" because there must be a lot more problems behind the scenes. The pitch issue was probably the last straw.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on July 29, 2016, 09:58:14 am by The Red Baron »
http://www.rugby-league.com/article/38109/york-commit-to-remainder-of-the-season

York City Knights have now committed to seeing out the season so the Dons' game there will need to be rearranged.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 30, 2016, 04:09:25 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I'm glad the football play-offs aren't like this, it's a complete shambles in my opinion, how it's done in rugby league.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012