Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:28:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: I'm struggling...  (Read 38652 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
I'm struggling...
« on June 28, 2016, 06:56:29 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
...to think of a header that adequately conveys my loathing for this Kitson.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03zqwlc

Making his money over decades whipping up the attitudes that led to last week. And now he thinks he might have made a mistake.

There's not a circle of hell unpleasant enough for him. He's fostered bitterness, nastiness and divisiveness for decades. And now he's faced with the logical outcome.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 07:00:19 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
Re: I'm struggling...
« Reply #1 on June 28, 2016, 08:31:39 pm by no eyed deer »
There's one thing I've noticed about BST, he's always got to be right .

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 28, 2016, 08:57:17 pm by MachoMadness »
Are we really that jaded by 24-hour rolling news coverage, vines, Twitter and memes coming and dying out in a matter of weeks that discussion about genuine, world-changing events has a shelf-life of precisely one weekend? Get in the bin, the pair of you.

On topic, I find it interesting that Liverpool, where they don't sell The Sun, voted remain overwhelmingly. Very interesting and not at all surprising.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on June 28, 2016, 08:59:05 pm by BobG »
It comes from having a brain able to see facts separated in time and space, associate them and draw rational conclusions.  And Rigo, you were ok once. You had a heart and you had a soul. I admired you. So why this penchant now for stirring up trouble? Different opinions are things to be valued highly. They teach you even when you disagree with them. Aggression, simply for its own sake, is betraying your very soul man.

Cheers all

BobG

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 28, 2016, 09:02:27 pm by IDM »
Are you still banging on?

Last week, 33.5 million folk (or thereabouts) voted for a multitude of different reasons.

Some were in, some were out - just like the papers.

It's done with now. The only person 'whipping up attitudes' right now, on this website is you with constant threads such as this.

Even if something is sh!t, there comes a point where you have to stop moaning about it being sh!t and just get on with life.

I don't always agree with BST however the more stories are coming out from the leave side about regrets etc, about the misinformation, the more it needs raising.

Yes, the voters voted how they did, but as more detail of the mess of this referendum (from both sides I must add) emerges, then these same voters may vote in the next general election for a party which either offers to re-run the referendum or delays invoking clause 50 (or whatever the terminology is).

The more that comes out now, the better.

If you don't agree, fair enough - you can either comment or ignore.

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 28, 2016, 09:14:56 pm by Lipsy »
Since when has anger had a statute of limitations? Personally, I'll be as bloody angry about this for as long as I see fit, and I am really surprised to find that there are so many "sore winners" out there. People who, despite the overwhelming evidence that they have been totally lied to, trot out the "It was democracy, suck it up" line. I would genuinely love know why so many people are happy about the result, as it seems to me that the only winner in all of this has been Boris and Gove.

This whole thing has been a farce of epic proportions, and I think that both sides should be seething.

See also: It's a forum. If you don't like a topic, post, or poster, there are plenty of other topics for you to contribute on.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on June 28, 2016, 09:20:50 pm by IDM »
Personally, I'll be as bloody angry about this for as long as I see fit,

This and how MK Dons came to be granted a FL place!!

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 28, 2016, 09:45:12 pm by Lipsy »
For anyone who hasn't seen this, he nails it again...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh0ac5HUpDU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh0ac5HUpDU</a>

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on June 28, 2016, 09:52:20 pm by IDM »

People voted on their own preferences - entirely the right thing to do. After that, there's no right or wrong in the argument.

No right or wrong in misleading the electorate???? 

People may have voted according to their own preferences - and we agree that that is the correct course of action - but what if those preferences were made on misinformation??

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on June 28, 2016, 09:54:24 pm by BobG »
See Rigo? You just totally and completely proved the point.

BobG

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 28, 2016, 10:01:39 pm by Lipsy »
This would be my point also, IDM. If, as Farage has argued (and the Leave campaign backed up), that millions of people voted out because of immigration, there must be millions of people who are furious that nothing is going to change. If racist abuse has increased 540% since the referendum result was announced, how is that going to get better when it sinks in that people have voted for nothing?

And what of that £350 million that was supposed to be going to the NHS? Same again. Etc, etc, etc...

As I said, I think we all should be very angry indeed.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 28, 2016, 10:03:22 pm by wilts rover »
And even worse IDM, what if the people now holding power are unable to fulfill the 'promises' made to the Remain supporters and we dont halt the free movement of labour and still accept EU law? Quite a few more people will feel cheated and what will happen then?

Until we know where the 'on' is were are supposed to move to, then there is going to be a fair bit more debate to be had.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on June 28, 2016, 10:05:41 pm by BobG »
Good for you Rigo. I never thought you would lose sleep.  Why would I? And tbh, I don't know why you mentioned it anyway. Nobody has the slightest interest in your, or my, sleep patterns. It's just another example of the consequences of whatever has happened to you. It's clearly badly affected your judgement, your thinking and your aggression. I hope it's recoverable because you used to be worth reading - except when you made silly bets about publicly eating b*llocks of course!

Cheers

BobG

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 28, 2016, 10:08:34 pm by wilts rover »

People voted on their own preferences - entirely the right thing to do. After that, there's no right or wrong in the argument.

People may have voted according to their own preferences - and we agree that that is the correct course of action - but what if those preferences were made on misinformation??

Both parties were misleading. That's life.

It's just like a courtroom too. You've got two parties wanting a result - and both will exaggerate everything to try and get that result, basically to uphold their reputation.

The truth is somewhere in between what you hear from both sides, and you usually have to decipher it for yourself.

No it's not. In a courtroom you can appeal the result and ask for a retrial if new information comes out about the other side lying. Ask Ched Evans.

Here there is no-rerun. Which is why people are complaining.

LongbridgeMGRover

« Reply #14 on June 28, 2016, 10:34:52 pm by LongbridgeMGRover »
I am embarrassed and ashamed to be English since that abomination happened last week.
Neither myself , my wife or kids aged 20 and 23 have ever been so devastated by a vote.
We have evil in our midst now, wrecking and spoiling things. Racism and xenophobia are ok. Ignorance rules. Oswald Moseley couldn't do this in the thirties, and the NF couldn't in the 70s, but we have just seen a nasty right wing uprising, whipped up by a Nazi and an ambitious Etonian.
I will fight this for as long as I live, so keep on 'banging on ' BST.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 28, 2016, 10:40:36 pm by wilts rover »

It's just like a courtroom too. You've got two parties wanting a result - and both will exaggerate everything to try and get that result, basically to uphold their reputation.

The truth is somewhere in between what you hear from both sides, and you usually have to decipher it for yourself.

No it's not. In a courtroom you can appeal the result and ask for a retrial if new information comes out about the other side lying. Ask Ched Evans.

It's done though. At some point you have to accept it or you'll drive yourself mad with anti-feeling and make yourself miserable.

If you get run over by a bus tomorrow, will you really care about the EU anymore?

We're here. We're alive. Lets just live and breathe it because, really, nobody posting on a football forum of a third-rate Football League team, is going to properly effect what goes in parliament. They're just pantomime figures we see on a TV.

Yeah, we had one vote. So did 45+ million others in this country.

Rigo, I was involved in a march that brought down a government. I met a man who was elected President of his country after many years in jail protesting against a corrupt government. I have seen first hand what people power can do - if enough people do it.

If the discussions on this forum help to enourage just one person to get involved in political campaigning to make the country/world a better place, then it will be worthwhile. Maybe it will be you Rigo?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on June 28, 2016, 10:50:39 pm by IDM »
Rigo, where the f**k has this holier than thou attitude sprung from?

You really have no idea about how to deal with other people's emotions do you?!

This idea of democracy that you keep going on about - ie that the vote has happened - also means that in this country at least, there is free speech.

And a "3rd rate football team" supporters have just as much right to an opinion on political matters and their vote counts as much as the next  persons..

So for pity's sake get down of your self presumed pedestal and accept folks have different views and are free to express them!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on June 28, 2016, 10:52:50 pm by IDM »
Mick Hucknall?

The hollies surely? 

How about "we don't have to take this crap"? I'll leave you to work out who wrote that lyric..

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on June 28, 2016, 10:57:07 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

It's done though. At some point you have to accept it or you'll drive yourself mad with anti-feeling and make yourself miserable.

If you get run over by a bus tomorrow, will you really care about the EU anymore?

We're here. We're alive. Lets just live and breathe it because, really, nobody posting on a football forum of a third-rate Football League team, is going to properly effect what goes in parliament. They're just pantomime figures we see on a TV.

Yeah, we had one vote. So did 45+ million others in this country.

By that silly argument we should never have had a new referendum at all because we had one in 1975 and that was it, done, accept it, bugger off and don't complain because you have to accept it.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on June 28, 2016, 10:58:50 pm by bobjimwilly »
How about this for a fresh idea Rigo? Don't f*cking read or post about things you're not interested in. And if you're trying to come across as a Kitson, you're doing a good job.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on June 28, 2016, 11:00:23 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Doubt it. I'll be chilled out, rolling my eyes, thinking 'this lot have too much time on their hands' - and that was my thoughts on both sets of busybody's who were out 'campaigning' last week.

If it weren't politics, it'd be something else.

As Mick Hucknall put it; 'Sometimes, all you need is the air that you breathe'.

Then crawl back under your stone of indifference and let those of us who are interested in things talk about them without your condescending comments.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on June 28, 2016, 11:05:24 pm by IDM »
How do I ignore a poster?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on June 28, 2016, 11:07:53 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Doubt it. I'll be chilled out, rolling my eyes, thinking 'this lot have too much time on their hands' - and that was my thoughts on both sets of busybody's who were out 'campaigning' last week.

Then crawl back under your stone of indifference and let those of us who are interested in things talk about them without your condescending comments.

Condescending?

I'm just very grateful for what I've got. I'm alive, fit, healthy - simple things which, IMO, are the best things you can have.

Why don't you follow your own advice and 'just get on with life', or doesn't that apply to you?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on June 28, 2016, 11:08:45 pm by IDM »

Condescending?

I'm just very grateful for what I've got. I'm alive, fit, healthy - simple things which, IMO, are the best things you can have.

Would you feel the same if members of your own family now face an uncertain future in the country they have come to know as home, as a result of a flawed vote?

No?

Well don't come on here and tell folks to move on who do face uncertain futures!

I don't advocate personal abuse so I hold my tongue...

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on June 28, 2016, 11:10:35 pm by no eyed deer »
Are we really that jaded by 24-hour rolling news coverage, vines, Twitter and memes coming and dying out in a matter of weeks that discussion about genuine, world-changing events has a shelf-life of precisely one weekend? Get in the bin, the pair of you.

On topic, I find it interesting that Liverpool, where they don't sell The Sun, voted remain overwhelmingly. Very interesting and not at all surprising.
I  voted out cos sun told me ....
Get real, very nearly wiped my arse with the ballot paper with how both sides conducted themselves. # initforthemselves

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on June 28, 2016, 11:24:27 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
For the record, and back to my OP, this is what that odious Kitson was saying last week.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1302001/10-reasons-why-you-must-vote-brexit-in-thursdays-crucial-once-in-a-lifetime-referendum/

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on June 28, 2016, 11:25:21 pm by IDM »
We've got air?

WTF?

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on June 29, 2016, 12:00:16 am by Copps is Magic »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on June 29, 2016, 12:01:57 am by IDM »
Flawed? People knew there was a vote on a certain date. About 33.5 million of those folk went out and voted and it produced a result.

We'll still live in an enormously wealthy country in 5/10 years. We've got air, food, water and live a very high quality of life compared to many other countries spread throughout the world.

With all the revelations since the referendum and backtracking over what was said in the campaign, of course the vote may have been flawed - not the vote count, but folks' reasons for voting.

And yet again you neglect to answer my question about if it was your family under threat.

We've got air?

WTF?

Can you not be happy that you're alive instead of wanting that little bit more?

There are a lot worse things out there than losing a referendum and the ramifications  of that (whatever the ramifications may turn out to be - for good/worse).

Well, my family is under threat so of course I am going to be angry that the vote has been influenced by misleading information, and the ramifications thereof...

In 5 or 10 years time some people quite close to me may not be able to live in this country, regardless of the "air" and being thankful that I am alive!

Get your head out of your self-opinionated arse, and instead of your I'm alright jack attitude, spare a thought for others??

I don't give a damn if we never agree, you just don't do me the courtesy of answering a question.  You make my piss boil more than anything I have read on this forum over the years, and no, I am not exaggerating - including managers, owners, relegations etc.. 

So do us all a favour and, if you are not willing to engage in reasoned debate, just do one eh?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on June 29, 2016, 12:14:00 am by IDM »
Oh, and where I work, where I earn the money that pays my mortgage and buys all this lovely food you talk of, we have already lost potential business from a European client who is uncertain of trading with the UK only days after the referendum..

I should just let it lie should I??

TinyPortal © 2005-2012