Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:34:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Oh Boy, were those who voted 'Leave' conned  (Read 13962 times)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: Oh Boy, were those who voted 'Leave' conned
« Reply #30 on July 03, 2016, 02:59:55 pm by IDM »
Well i didnt take it to mean all the money would go to the nhs, although obviously some did.

That's precisely the point - you and many others, probably millions of leave voters didn't make that conclusion - but how many did??

Enough to upset you.

Learn to read you ignorant tosser!  I have no issue with your or anyone else's vote.. That is not, and hasn't been my argument..

You go on ignoring what folks actually say eh?

Disagreeing is one thing - not a problem there - but even readers of the forum who don't agree with my opinions will surely see you not actually answering questions or replying to what is actually said.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on July 03, 2016, 03:01:51 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
And on that note, Rigo's on Ignore.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on July 03, 2016, 03:04:18 pm by IDM »
Rigo - read this carefully - I am not offended by your vote, nor anyone else's, nor the result.

There you go Rigo, in case you missed it before..

auckleyflyer

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on July 03, 2016, 04:13:20 pm by auckleyflyer »
Funny enough I was in York yesterday (daughter was in a gymnastics show at the barbican) we met the demo head on and waited for it to pass. There were a thousand at most. However the pedestrian Streets were mobbed so therefore probably looked like 5k! Good on them though at least doing something ? Even if they did all look like school teachers circa 1978!!!!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 07:10:17 pm by auckleyflyer »

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on July 03, 2016, 04:36:23 pm by RedJ »
Believing leaving the EU is and thinking people have made the wrong decision isn't mutually exclusive with believing in democracy, you know.

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on July 03, 2016, 08:23:48 pm by Lipsy »
And what a hatchet job they did... It's quite staggering. But, obviously, some people think that it's okay.

http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/inaccurate-newspaper-stories-misled-the-british-public-when-they-voted-remain-says-founder-of-pro-eu-fact-checking-website/

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on July 03, 2016, 08:26:32 pm by IDM »

Disagreeing is one thing - not a problem there - but even readers of the forum who don't agree with my opinions will surely see you not actually answering questions or replying to what is actually said.

They'll also see certain folk believing in democracy...

...until they don't get their own way, which leads to a series of threads squawking about how bad leaving the European Union supposedly is.

This democracy you believe in, allows for free speech doesn't it?

Also the threads seem to be more about the dishonesty of the leave campaign, as apposed to the effects of leaving the EU..

Then again, it's easy to twist things isn't it?

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on July 04, 2016, 01:51:14 am by Sammy Chung was King »
The leavers were lied to in equal measure, and yet still people voted leave. Therefore to me, though it was a terrible campaign by both sides, it was a fair election. Plenty came out and voted and leave edged it, it has to be accepted.
Now everybody should just come back together, because a lot of things won't change, and have faith that our country will get stronger. Our people and products are as good as any in the world.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on July 04, 2016, 02:09:23 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
The leavers were lied to in equal measure, and yet still people voted leave. Therefore to me, though it was a terrible campaign by both sides, it was a fair election. Plenty came out and voted and leave edged it, it has to be accepted.
Now everybody should just come back together, because a lot of things won't change, and have faith that our country will get stronger. Our people and products are as good as any in the world.

But will be more expensive in other countries once we leave the Single Market.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on July 08, 2016, 08:37:13 pm by bpoolrover »
It amazes me how wound up people get over this,it is what it is so try be positive good things might even happen

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on July 08, 2016, 08:47:10 pm by Lipsy »
I could give you all manner of reasons why I think that you're wrong. Happily, someone else has done this already for me - and it's a peach.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyyOyoeqKfM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyyOyoeqKfM</a>

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on July 08, 2016, 11:41:23 pm by RedJ »
It amazes me how wound up people get over this,it is what it is so try be positive good things might even happen

Aye, because the problems that we almost certainly will face are going to magically disappear if we just put on a brave face and smile about it.

Or as Alex Salmond might say to us, "you're just talking Britain (sic) down".

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on July 09, 2016, 01:00:00 am by bpoolrover »
Ok then red what you going to do about the problems we may or may not face

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on July 09, 2016, 01:18:18 am by Bentley Bullet »
Do you think it's possible that the negative anti leavers might actually be causing a recession? Also do you think that some of those people might actually want a recession just to prove a point?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on July 09, 2016, 01:28:10 am by bpoolrover »
Seems that way to me,half the people will give themselves a heart attack worrying and being so cross about something that may never happen

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on July 09, 2016, 01:40:57 am by BillyStubbsTears »
BB

No. I don't think that the companies who are not investing in Britain, or the currency speculators who have deserted the pound are doing so because Remain voters are f**ked off.

Do YOU think that? Really?

And no, I personally really, really, REALLY don't want us to have a recession and half a million more people on the dole. And I really do wonder about the values of people who project those thoughts onto other people.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on July 09, 2016, 09:06:41 am by RedJ »
Ok then red what you going to do about the problems we may or may not face

Well last time I checked I wasn't in a position to hugely impact upon an economy that could very well go to shit.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on July 09, 2016, 09:13:21 am by Bentley Bullet »
BST

So you don't think going on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on about our country's imminent financial collapse because of 'conned leave voters' is causing damage to our economy?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on July 09, 2016, 09:28:12 am by Glyn_Wigley »
BST

So you don't think going on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on about our country's imminent financial collapse because of 'conned leave voters' is causing damage to our economy?

Of course it isn't, it's reportage not causality! Sheesh.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on July 09, 2016, 09:48:40 am by wilts rover »

If some people get off on negativity, fair enough, it does nothing for me.

Does that not apply to your recent postings on the Euros, the Premiership and this new JPT trophy thing? Or are we only allowed to be negative when it suits you - and positive when it suits you?

People are right to be concerned. There has been a huge gap between the Brexiters telling us how great it would be if we voted to leave the EU - and the aftermath where they have disappeared - along with any semblance of a plan to achieve those 'benefits'.

What's the problem with discussing it? Anway, if you haven't got anything positive to say you wont want to contribute will you?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on July 09, 2016, 09:55:22 am by Bentley Bullet »
BST

You said that without moving your lips again, Billy!

Anyway, on my way home from the pub last night I thought I'd pop into Greasy Joe's for summet to eat. Then I started to worry about whether all the doom and gloom merchants were right and that I should save my money for the apparent recession. So I decided to abstain from buying a take-away, meaning poor old Greasy Joe was a casualty to my new found austerity. He'd lost out on my 3 quid I usually spend on my Kebab! Shish.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on July 09, 2016, 11:03:47 am by BillyStubbsTears »
BB

Belt up please. I'm really not in the f**king mood for this.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on July 09, 2016, 09:29:40 pm by Not Now Kato »
BST

You said that without moving your lips again, Billy!

Anyway, on my way home from the pub last night I thought I'd pop into Greasy Joe's for summet to eat. Then I started to worry about whether all the doom and gloom merchants were right and that I should save my money for the apparent recession. So I decided to abstain from buying a take-away, meaning poor old Greasy Joe was a casualty to my new found austerity. He'd lost out on my 3 quid I usually spend on my Kebab! Shish.

Ah BB, in your jollity you've encompassed what is likely to happen on a grand scale.  Not, as you presume, from the doom and gloom merchants but from the reality of uncertainty, of price rises, of the risk of job cuts, of increased taxation, (likely if the Chancellor cuts Corporation Tax as he's suggested), of media misrepresentation. Oh, austerity isn't that far away at all, but then again, that's what the 'leavers' really voted for!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on July 10, 2016, 09:48:36 am by RedJ »
Aye but it's the EU's/immigrants'/Labour's fault.

Delete as appropriate.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on July 10, 2016, 07:58:04 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
conned - no

no they were just anti- man united fans and  knew if they won the exchange rate would go down and cost man u an extra 10 million or so

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on July 11, 2016, 12:37:29 am by selby »
I voted remain,am I upset at being defeated? no.
  What I am upset about is the realisation of what a poor set of self serving political leaders we now have.
  In an era when,it seems to me how you look,are you young enough,and did you go to the right school matters,ask yourselves if Churchill,or Wilson would have been elected because of their looks,and age.
   How some of these straight from college,never done a day's graft in their lives,think they can preach to a miner who was on strike for a year fighting for their jobs,and tell them anything about life,and the difference between right or wrong is beyond me.
    The way they are squabling in public to try and save their £80k plus expenses jobs is pathetic.
    The labour party should deselect all those opposing Cornyn,surely there are better people to put forward the working man's case than this lot of careerists.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on July 11, 2016, 01:06:26 am by RedJ »
Christ, Clement Attlee wouldn't have had a cat's chance in hell these days. And look at what his government achieved.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012