Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 02:51:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rossington  (Read 9267 times)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Re: Rossington
« Reply #30 on July 12, 2016, 10:01:54 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Didn't think Bolton had any money.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on July 12, 2016, 10:05:20 pm by mushRTID »
It's surely Greeny

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on July 12, 2016, 10:19:47 pm by Alan Southstand »
 :clapping: I'd forgotten what it was like to watch a half decent midfield player go about his business. Made Keegan, Middleton look like pretenders to the art.

Get him signed and do not hesitate. He could be the difference this season. Roll back the years - we've missed you Greeny.

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on July 12, 2016, 10:41:30 pm by rover-n-out »
I thought exactly the same Alan, terrific to see somebody with a great footballing brain go about his business, still looked fantastic to me, lean and fit, and ok his legs might not be like they used to be, but he still showed class, and his link ups with Copps  brought back great memories of the two playing together.
If he was playing for us tonight, surely there must be some interest in getting him signed. I would love to see him back.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on July 12, 2016, 10:42:25 pm by steve@dcfd »
We should be able to compete with any league 1 club get him signed  know it was only Rossington but it was the best midfield performance I've seen in the last two years in 45 minutes football by a single player at our club

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on July 12, 2016, 11:56:36 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Green has improved since he left us, his game isn't about charging box to box all game. He has a bit more about his game, plus a lot of experience, which is why he would be a great signing for us.
If Bolton are after him, then we probably won't get him, but it might not be him they are after, but i think it will be, anyway a nice start to pre season.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on July 13, 2016, 07:08:55 am by Alan Southstand »
I don't know if you were there Sammy, but for me, its what our midfield has been missing for a number of years. Fergie can't fail but to be impressed. The other thing I noticed was how he was organising things around him and all the younger players were responding to him. Compare that with the 2nd half and it was like chalk and cheese. He would be a fantastic signing for us this season and it would make the difference - we certainly wouldn't need to worry about whether Keegan was ever going to be fit again or whether McCullough was up to the DM role!

A midfield of Copps/Blair + Green + Rowe + Calder/Evina would be a very competitive midfield in this division. First name on the team sheet if we got him signed. Pretty please with knobs on!

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on July 13, 2016, 07:41:40 am by jonnydog »
Just out of interest how was Greeny getting on with the rest of the team OTHER than the togger? Did there appear to be a bit of banter going on, and did he have a good rapport with DF??

If he enjoys his time whilst here, and we can muster up SOME kind of deal that would keep him (and his agent) happy, then you never know.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on July 14, 2016, 12:17:43 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I don't know if you were there Sammy, but for me, its what our midfield has been missing for a number of years. Fergie can't fail but to be impressed. The other thing I noticed was how he was organising things around him and all the younger players were responding to him. Compare that with the 2nd half and it was like chalk and cheese. He would be a fantastic signing for us this season and it would make the difference - we certainly wouldn't need to worry about whether Keegan was ever going to be fit again or whether McCullough was up to the DM role!

A midfield of Copps/Blair + Green + Rowe + Calder/Evina would be a very competitive midfield in this division. First name on the team sheet if we got him signed. Pretty please with knobs on!

No i wasn't there alan, but i have watched with interest how much he has improved since leaving us. With Paul you know you are getting a good pro, who's attitude has always been spot on.
He will be a good influence on the younger players, if we can snare him, i think he has unfinished business with us. Bolton fair enough they are in the league above, and have almost everything we don't.

But the club isn't as healthy as ours is, it's a club full of major problems. Any older player going there, will have a lot of pressure heaped onto they're shoulders, because they will have a very young team.
I think Garratt joining us, tells you everything you need to know, on which club is the better option.They don't look like a side that are guaranteed almost to do well, a lot of hard work needs doing at that club.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on July 14, 2016, 10:48:44 am by 5minstogo »
Was Marosi involved on Tuesday. I saw Jones warmed  up and Etheridge played both halfs didn't be?

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on July 14, 2016, 11:48:58 am by Alan Southstand »
No. Etheridge both 45 mins - mind you for what he had to do, I could have covered 2nd 45.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012