Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 02:07:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Allardyce  (Read 12899 times)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re: Allardyce
« Reply #60 on July 28, 2016, 10:07:48 am by RoversAlias »
You're not in a good mood at all tonight Sammy, are you?  :ermm:

No, as my dad used to say ''Have you seen you're a..e or summat''?!. I wonder if there will be a fair few closed door friendlies nearer the start of the season?, or they won't risk it and just work hard in training. It's put the manager in a spot, all these injuries.

You would imagine so, I'm not so worried about the fitness of the players who aren't injured despite the lack of matches. It is what it is, we'll be fit and firing soon enough.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
Re: Allardyce
« Reply #61 on July 29, 2016, 01:21:12 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Taught!

Is that all you have to say on what i have written?, f..king grammar. Sorry nudga, just in a maungy mood tonight.

Read it back to yourself and see if it sounds right to you.
For me, rightly or wrongly, kind of dilutes the authors point and I lose the patience to carry on reading.
This is probably the Kitsonish side of my nature coming out so just ignore me.

It doesn't sound right, nudga. I suspect you were taught grammar properly. Whereas at our school it was a mix of poor teachers, me not concentrating enough, so having to learn it again later in life.
Hopefully reintroducing grammar schools, will improve this sort of thing?!. I couldn't believe, what i was reading today, that kids aren't taught about our own countries history, and important time lines throughout history.

Something i heard a while back saddened me, a young kid was asked ''Have you heard of Winston Churchill''?, the kid said ''Is he a cartoon character''?. I have improved myself a lot through reading multiple books on many subjects, since leaving school, trying to fill the blanks in that i missed.
As a kid you leave school, and think you know everything, and as you go on a few years, you realise how little you knew back then. The old school system seemed to create a bigger percentage of intelligent, ready for work young kids, it's good it might be going back to that!.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012