Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:40:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Trialist returns to Cove Rangers  (Read 3023 times)

kjs1999

Trialist returns to Cove Rangers
« on July 28, 2016, 04:55:20 pm by kjs1999 »
Just found this: https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/sport/football/highland-league/yule-returns-cove-montrose/

Looks like Blair Yule (trialist) won't be signing for us. Thought he was quite impressive in his two appearances. Suggests that Middleton's injury might not be so bad.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
Re: Trialist returns to Cove Rangers
« Reply #1 on July 28, 2016, 05:04:05 pm by Danmckay456 »
It's a big season for Middleton he has to prove himself on a consistent basis to justify a start

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 28, 2016, 05:30:32 pm by the vicar »
dun't mean anything just DF ant made his mind up yet

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 28, 2016, 05:36:45 pm by The Red Baron »
Shame - I was looking forward to the "Yule Logs On with Rovers" headline on DROS.

The article does say it didn't work out for him, so I think we can say we won't be signing him.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 28, 2016, 10:22:40 pm by steve@dcfd »
It's a big season for Middleton he has to prove himself on a consistent basis to justify a start

He won't do that, if we do not get better, then our midfield will continue to be the worst part of the side.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 28, 2016, 10:25:51 pm by BobG »
If Yule had scored a hat trick sometime, d'you reckon the DROS headline could have been 'Yule Logs on Fire'?

BobG

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on July 28, 2016, 10:39:29 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I heard that he became unpopular because he refused to wear fragrance. Apparently the players had their own rendition of the famous Liverpool anthem for him.......

"And Yule never wore Cologne
         Yule never wore Cologne"

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 28, 2016, 11:22:52 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Someday, perhaps he'll be right, but he's not for this season.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 29, 2016, 12:37:26 am by Sammy Chung was King »
The manager surely knows if he is good enough or not, he has had him on trial twice. I suspect he is weighing up his options whether he will get better value for the wage with a loan.
Me personally, it's a touch indecisive, get him signed, i would rather have him than another loan player, who's heart might not be in it. Yule will need a decent wage, he isn't going to pack in work and part time football, for a rubbish wage.

When you have looked at somebody twice, there must be something in the back of the managers mind, telling him he could be good enough.
He can play anywhere in defence or as a defensive midfielder and picks a goal up here and there. I don't know what he is dithering for, he has proven good enough in the friendlies, yes the wage bill will be tight, but he gives options in a lot of positions, get him signed!.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on July 29, 2016, 07:57:13 am by Wild Rover »
AS there are no more Pre-season games, it makes sense to allow him back to cove, he is after all their player.Freguson jnr may well have been at the game to watch. So he may still sign him.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 29, 2016, 01:23:44 pm by Alan Southstand »
I believe we are now in a situation where whoever comes in will have to be good enough to go straight into the side and do a job. The lad may have had potential but we are not looking for that anymore. We need quality players who are fit and ready to make an impact.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012