Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:01:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Thorsten has left the club  (Read 5576 times)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
Thorsten has left the club
« on July 21, 2016, 04:01:19 pm by steve@dcfd »
OUTGOING: Thorsten Stuckmann has left the club. Good luck to the Big Friendly German 🇩🇪 More to come... #DRFC

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
Re: Thorsten has left the club
« Reply #1 on July 21, 2016, 04:16:34 pm by Copps is Magic »
I would personally like to say thanks to Stuckmann. The first 1/3rd of last season he was brilliant. Kept us in games and kept the score respectable in games were getting drummed in. Our fans at this point were worshipping him and he was well on the way to player of the season. I think he was man managed badly and used slightly as a scapegoat when the defence was terrible. His form did drop but not really enough to warrant the loans brought in over him who didn't do much better.

Good luck Stuckmann in wherever you go next.

craigdrfc

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on July 21, 2016, 04:20:05 pm by craigdrfc »
Often, when new Managers come in, and things are not going well, individuals are picked out and made an example of .... its not fair, but its very much a way of working life .... I always felt Stuck was one of those to be picked out. I wish him very well, but Im also glad Darren is moving forward with his own plans and players.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 21, 2016, 04:24:22 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Echo the posts above, we'd have been relegated by long before the Burton game if Stuckmann hadn't single handedly kept us in games in the first 3 months of the season.

A shame that DF couldn't / wouldn't keep him but a new brush sweeps clean and all that.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on July 21, 2016, 04:29:00 pm by idler »
I felt that even playing well early season he never commanded his area in a way that his height and weight should have made him very intimidating to the opposition.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 21, 2016, 04:35:21 pm by Copps is Magic »
Often, when new Managers come in, and things are not going well, individuals are picked out and made an example of .... its not fair, but its very much a way of working life .... I always felt Stuck was one of those to be picked out. I wish him very well, but Im also glad Darren is moving forward with his own plans and players.

That's fair enough Craig but then the manager needs to ensure the replacement players he brings in are actually better than the ones he replaces to justify his choices. Matthews wasn't a noticeable improvement.

Big MAC

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 21, 2016, 04:50:12 pm by Big MAC »
Good luck BFG! I too think you were as good if not better than any other keeper we had last season, and had the best rappor with the fans since Sully left.

craigdrfc

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 21, 2016, 04:59:58 pm by craigdrfc »

That's fair enough Craig but then the manager needs to ensure the replacement players he brings in are actually better than the ones he replaces to justify his choices. Matthews wasn't a noticeable improvement.

Copps, I quite agree. But my point is that this is often what Managers do. They pick out a small number of staff and hang them out to dry. As I said its not fair, and as we both agree, it wasnt a massive improvement at the team performance level neither, but it is an oft-used Management technique. I think we all know now that Darren is his own man, and this is just one of the times he has chosen to show everyone that.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 05:02:53 pm by craigdrfc »

raithy

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on July 21, 2016, 05:10:31 pm by raithy »
I believe Thorston & DF were together at Preston NE so there may be history between them which caused the rift!

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 21, 2016, 05:41:43 pm by Danmckay456 »
I wonder if they other two on the list might have a similiar arrangement in the coming days

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 21, 2016, 05:51:53 pm by steve@dcfd »
I believe it's an age thing DF wants younger players. There could been history between them but Thorstens age will have made the difference.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 21, 2016, 07:09:19 pm by mushRTID »
Good luck BFG!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 21, 2016, 10:54:34 pm by Chris Black come back »
Mr Toe surely cannot be much longer.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 21, 2016, 11:00:48 pm by steve@dcfd »
Problem with Dany who will want him. We are stuck unless we pay him off.
Why he was ever given a two year contract is beyond me, he was never last year a Paul Green. Comes from Greece if he would not accepted a years contract he should never been signed.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on July 21, 2016, 11:28:33 pm by jonnydog »
I wish BFG all the best and hope he gets settled somewhere. I'm sure he could've been brilliant if whatever reason could've been (like others have said) swept aside. Always rated him and he saved us more points than our strikers won us during a shite season.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on July 21, 2016, 11:38:39 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
They reckon you need to be a sandwich short of a picnic to be a keeper and for all the good things he did, more latterly he made some Bizzare gaffs.

As a defender, you need a safe pair  of hands behind you. You need to know whether your keepers going to come or not. With BFG, you didn't have a clue.

All the same, I wish him well. He's a good man.

Etheridge looks a very competent keeper who quite enjoys catching the ball. That's a good start for me.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 21, 2016, 11:44:02 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Didn't quite work out, had a decent start, then as has already been said, was singled out as a cause for the losses. Once the manager showed he had no confidence in him, there was no way back.
The problem is, the replacement he brought in, was not as good as stuckmann. It must have been a real 'kick in the teeth', to lose his spot to a young goalkeeper.
Good luck to him wherever he goes, he didn't cause any problems in the press, when he wasn't playing. He showed a respect that wasn't really shown to him, the way he was dropped.
I agreed with him being dropped, i just thought as a senior player, he deserved a touch more respect.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on July 22, 2016, 08:59:22 am by graingrover »
my well go to Portsmouth according to their fans forum!

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 22, 2016, 09:20:04 am by wing commander »
   This is one of those times were you just suspect there might be something we don't know about from the outside.DF simply didn't want to know him and was even prepared to make himself look desperate by the speed he went rushing out for a keeper on loan last season..
    Like I said at the time there would have been 5 or 6 players replaced quicker than Stuckman last season...

Basically I could have taken my gloves down the KM last season and would have had more chance of getting a game than Stuckman as far as DF was concerned...

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on July 22, 2016, 11:03:27 am by GazLaz »
His distribution is shocking, that's why he's going. Fergie wants a keeper who can distribute.

DRFC-Hanksie

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on July 22, 2016, 12:18:26 pm by DRFC-Hanksie »
Good luck BFG!

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on July 25, 2016, 01:23:27 pm by One_Matty_Lucas »
I believe Thorston & DF were together at Preston NE so there may be history between them which caused the rift!

I checked and they weren't there together, Stuckmann joined after Fergie left PNE. Fergie was sacked in Dec 2010, Stuckmann joined PNE in 2011.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on July 29, 2016, 04:37:14 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
porksmouth have just signed someone from mudwall on loan so he ain't going  there

one less player (still a quorum) to boo when rovers play 'em

TinyPortal © 2005-2012