Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 05:09:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Albania v Macedonia  (Read 2548 times)

rich1471

• Forum Member
Albania v Macedonia
« on September 05, 2016, 11:40:05 pm by rich1471 »
Albania's World Cup qualifying match against Macedonia was suspended because of torrential rain in Shkoder.

The Group G game was stopped by Turkish referee Huseyin Gocek after 76 minutes with the score at 1-1.

The two teams will play the final 14 minutes of the match at 13:00 BST on Tuesday. I have never known a match to restart the next day I know some on here will have but this cannot of happened very often I just thought the match was replayed once it was called off

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Muttley

• VSC Member
Re: Albania v Macedonia
« Reply #1 on September 05, 2016, 11:46:38 pm by Muttley »
Doesn't the result stand if, I think, 70 minutes have been played?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 06, 2016, 12:14:50 am by RedJ »
Think that's just FA regulation.

afro goal machine

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 06, 2016, 02:19:55 am by afro goal machine »
Didnt they play about 2 minutes of a game the following day that got abandoned a couple of years ago

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 06, 2016, 08:25:59 am by DonnyNoel »
Think its standard practice on the continent for this to happen? I recall it happening with a La Liga game and a Champions League game in recent years.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 06, 2016, 08:35:23 am by the vicar »
That'''s exactley what should of happened at our game our Charlton

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 06, 2016, 08:53:39 am by IDM »
That'''s exactley what should of happened at our game our Charlton

When we were down to 10 men against a side getting back into the game?  I recall our 'keeper had made 3 or 4 stunning saves already.

That we didn't turn up in the rearranged fixture is another issue altogether.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 06, 2016, 09:17:55 am by idler »
We also had a fourth goal disallowed for offside IDM so it wasn't all one way traffic. Their attempts to clear any water was pathetic. They might have tried a bit harder if they were level or only one goal behind.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on September 06, 2016, 12:17:13 pm by IDM »
We also had a fourth goal disallowed for offside IDM so it wasn't all one way traffic. Their attempts to clear any water was pathetic. They might have tried a bit harder if they were level or only one goal behind.

I know, that would have been a hat-trick for Brown.  Would that have been the first father and son hat-trick combo for us?

The game shouldn't have started in all honesty, and then should have been abandoned when they first went off.  There was little point in fighting the elements that day..

The worst thing IMHO is that Keegan's excellent headed goal is now struck from the records, but his red card for 2 yellows wasn't!

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 06, 2016, 01:01:18 pm by karldew »
Albania's World Cup qualifying match against Macedonia was suspended because of torrential rain in Shkoder.

The Group G game was stopped by Turkish referee Huseyin Gocek after 76 minutes with the score at 1-1.

The two teams will play the final 14 minutes of the match at 13:00 BST on Tuesday. I have never known a match to restart the next day I know some on here will have but this cannot of happened very often I just thought the match was replayed once it was called off

Didn't it happen in an England game not so long ago? The roof could have been closed the night/morning before the game but it never got closed...

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 06, 2016, 01:52:34 pm by RedRover45 »

Didn't it happen in an England game not so long ago? The roof could have been closed the night/morning before the game but it never got closed...
Don't know if my memories playing tricks but was it away in Poland ?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 06, 2016, 05:12:37 pm by RedJ »
Yes it was - difference is, I don't think the match was ever started as it was that bad.

afro goal machine

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 06, 2016, 05:16:08 pm by afro goal machine »
Albania scored the winner after 16hours in the last minute

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 06, 2016, 05:20:10 pm by wilts rover »
Real Madrid v Real Sociedad, 5th January 2005, was 6 minutes long.

The first match had ended after 84 minutes because of a bomb scare.

https://unamadridista.wordpress.com/2013/01/05/the-shortest-game-in-the-world/

TinyPortal © 2005-2012