Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:17:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Have to feel sorry for Blackpool  (Read 9543 times)

wing commander

• Forum Member
Have to feel sorry for Blackpool
« on October 19, 2016, 01:46:54 pm by wing commander »
   We all know the story about Blackpool fc falling out the premiership and sailing down the leagues along with a absolute hated owner with the countless storys that go with it on how they treat there fans....
   Havent heard anything much about them recently so had a quick catch up last night...It seems even worse..They have decided to try and sue and bankrupt the fans who invaded the pitch in protest that led to their game being abandoned last season causing more hatred...Sadly the football world and journalism seems to be turning a blind eye as its old news and with Oyston refusing to sell you cant see a way forward for them....
   The saddest part for me is that the fans have now turned on each other...Most are boycotting the games,refusing to put another penny in his pocket but 2.5k home fans are still going to matches which is causing a lot of tension..With name and shame photographs of the crowd on fans forums followed by the normal internet abuse that follows....All very sad...it's a shame that they are a seaside club who attract a good away following every match..After all we always take more there than our average away following as do other clubs....Maybe if people spend as little as possible in the ground it would help...I feel for them...
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 01:57:00 pm by wing commander »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

graingrover

• VSC Member
Re: Have to feel sorry for Blackpool
« Reply #1 on October 19, 2016, 02:13:45 pm by graingrover »
On  their Backstreet Henry fans forum , there is is a 'sticky' reminding fans to take care not to post libelous comments at the Oystons for fear of further (successful) libel actions against them

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 19, 2016, 02:30:40 pm by wing commander »
   Nothing I've put there isn't in the public domain...

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 19, 2016, 02:44:20 pm by silent majority »

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 19, 2016, 03:08:52 pm by wing commander »
good to know mate...they certainly need it...

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 20, 2016, 09:49:09 pm by BobG »
I wonder if a Fans Utd type of event might not rekindle press and FL interest? If it was an event on the scale of the one at the Goldstone, it would be very hard to ignore. Only drawback would be the large cash windfall for the Oystons.

BobG

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 21, 2016, 10:55:47 pm by the vicar »
They should do what FC United did

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 22, 2016, 12:42:02 am by BobG »
I didnt know FC United had been owned by a charlatan intent on winding up its supporters. What did they do about it Vicar?

Cheers

BobG

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 22, 2016, 02:20:53 am by Sammy Chung was King »
It's a real shame to see Blackpool as they are. They have always seemed to me to be a club just waiting to be awakened. When you see how good a team they had way back with Matthews etc it's really sad.
Such a shame that when they got to the premier league that they couldn't stay up there longer. Holloway did a really good job there. I remember us playing them early in the season when they got promoted.

I thought they had no chance of going up with the defence they had.It's just that the team was full of goals at championship level that got them to the premiership.
 What a game they had with us at the keepmoat, both sides very easy on the eye just going for it, a cracking game!.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 22, 2016, 04:15:04 am by SydneyRover »
I do feel for the Blackpool fans, all clubs should eventually go the way of German clubs (pretty sure) where the fans own and control 51% of each club. I want DR to get the 3 points though. In fact I want to see DR aiming to get a cushion with that extra goal, may have to wait till we get some of our injured players back.

wilts rover

• Forum Member

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 22, 2016, 11:24:25 am by glosterred »
Why should I feel sorry for Blackpool? How many felt sorry for us when we were having trouble with Richardson?

COYR

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 22, 2016, 11:33:15 am by swintonrover »
Why should I feel sorry for Blackpool? How many felt sorry for us when we were having trouble with Richardson?

COYR

That's why we should sympathise. Because we know how bad it is.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 22, 2016, 11:43:53 am by German Rover »
There are ways around that though Sydney - look at the story of RB Leipzig

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/item/b58822ce-8cdf-4b60-bb01-1302881a6036?intc_type=promo&intc_location=sport&intc_campaign=fanpower&intc_linkname=bbcthree_fac_article1

RB Leipzig are the most hated team in germany. Even more than Bayern, which is some achievement. German football fans are slightly less tribal than we are and for football fans to fight bad ownership we need to be more united. We need to stop putting money into the owners pockets and supporting stupid shortsighted money making schemes like the checkatrade cup u23 idea.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on October 22, 2016, 12:37:10 pm by silent majority »

COYR

The landscape has changed significantly since those days, and it was because of the struggles of clubs like Doncaster and Brighton that it has changed. The Labour Govt set up Supporters Direct 16 years ago and the story of supporters trusts, beginning with Northampton Town, started there. In fact the VSC was one of the very first and Andy Liney played a vital role in the trusts movement at the time.

I met the organiser of the new Nottm Forest supporters trust on Wednesday evening, who are also suffering under some very strange ownership, and because of the experience that we have they can find support and guidance in what has gone before.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on October 22, 2016, 12:41:01 pm by glosterred »

COYR

Just because we know how bad it is doesn't mean I have to sympathise with them. And despite all these supporters trust that have been set up, why are we still seeing this. Are the supporters trust really working?

COYR

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on October 22, 2016, 01:00:46 pm by The Red Baron »

COYR

Just because we know how bad it is doesn't mean I have to sympathise with them. And despite all these supporters trust that have been set up, why are we still seeing this. Are the supporters trust really working?

COYR

Why? Because despite all the strides that have been made the governance of football in this country is still crap.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 23, 2016, 03:14:26 pm by bpoolrover »
It was the local paper that took the pictures and I believe no1 was actually named were they,I thought people just said they new the perticular people without naming them?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on October 23, 2016, 11:01:57 pm by bobjimwilly »
I refuse to get drawn in to Oyston bashing, but what they've lacked (purely from the outside looking in) is that next step, that bit of clear intent about how they want to move forward in the post-Premier League season.

If something clear and concise was in place, almost a five-year plan, I think there'd be less circus like activities and the Oystons playing pantomime villains, and more of a football club operating - where headlines are made by football-related matters.

Blackpool fans also don't help themselves with utter juvenile rubbish like  'name and shame' photographs of people in the crowd. If folk want to watch their local team, let them, don't squeal about it and tell others how to live. People are capable of making decisions for themselves without the 'pack' mentality.

You quite obviously don't appreciate the gravity of the situation at Blackpool, felt by all it's supporters. All the Oystons need is a "bit of clear intent"???

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on October 24, 2016, 10:23:28 am by StocktonRover »
I refuse to get drawn in to Oyston bashing, but what they've lacked (purely from the outside looking in) is that next step, that bit of clear intent about how they want to move forward in the post-Premier League season.

If something clear and concise was in place, almost a five-year plan, I think there'd be less circus like activities and the Oystons playing pantomime villains, and more of a football club operating - where headlines are made by football-related matters.

Blackpool fans also don't help themselves with utter juvenile rubbish like  'name and shame' photographs of people in the crowd. If folk want to watch their local team, let them, don't squeal about it and tell others how to live. People are capable of making decisions for themselves without the 'pack' mentality.

Rigo,
You really ought to get yourself on the Blackpool forums and let them know your views.
I'm fairly sure they would make you feel welcome.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on October 24, 2016, 10:38:12 am by The Red Baron »
The only  "plan" the Oystons appear to have is to use the club as a cash cow. Otherwise I don't see why they don't sell up and go.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on October 24, 2016, 10:42:24 pm by Draytonian III »
Rigo I think Bpool Rover might have a bit more knowledge than yourself.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on October 24, 2016, 11:19:57 pm by bpoolrover »
The Blackpool fans are frustrated,people say football is just a game but the match day as a whole is far more, catching up with mates over a few beers talking football,is all part of that, they don't have that all they have is there mates or fellow fans being sued, 1 guy at the min crossed 1 word out in the paper and is putting probably everything he has worked for on the line just to defend himself,yes some people have said things they should not have but come on to try and ruin lives because of that is not right

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on October 25, 2016, 12:14:41 am by BobG »
It's the power of the mighty dollar again. It's easy to scare people, to force them to shut up, to back down, to grovel, when you have money. It's the nasis that underlies all those sooo wonderful injunctions and super injunctions. You can't have one of course no matter what is being said. But if you have a few million lying about - no problem! And that's what certain folk in Lancashire are doing. Running around threatening and terrorising people because they have the money to do so and those they are threatening and terrorising do not. It was called bullying when I was a kid.

Cheers

BobG

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on October 25, 2016, 01:41:30 am by bpoolrover »
Correct Bob and unless your willing to risk everything there is nothing you can do as the laws are different in libel cases

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on October 25, 2016, 09:15:30 am by wing commander »
  The saddest thing about Blackpool is that it appears the Oystons are winning...The fans that are staying away are now getting lost to football,they are doing other things on Saturday and have said they are unlikely to ever return, and the legal action seems to have taken the fight out of them..The protest groups seem to have little support with the numbers attending meetings now...

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on October 25, 2016, 10:02:40 am by ravenrover »
Bob G not being funny, but what is a "nasis"?

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on October 25, 2016, 08:18:10 pm by StocktonRover »
You really are nothing more than a WUM or a blithering idiot - or both?

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on October 25, 2016, 08:43:31 pm by idler »
Geoffrey Richmond helped get Bradford City to the premier league. He then paid himself a dividend of millions before walking away and leaving them to face administration. The club didn't own some players,turnstiles and even carpets.
Some still think he did OK for City, others don't.
He even took Sean Harvey to the club from Scarborough.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on October 25, 2016, 09:34:48 pm by bpoolrover »
Rigo they didn't pay for a
Fair chunk of the ground, the other part owner did belekon and he is taking the oystons to court at the minute to try and get about 20 million plus I believe

TinyPortal © 2005-2012