Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 09:26:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: TLO Doncaster v Wycombe  (Read 8452 times)

les@donr

• Forum Member
Re: TLO Doncaster v Wycombe
« Reply #60 on October 29, 2016, 04:55:21 pm by les@donr »
Two points unnecessarily dropped, could matter come end of season.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on October 29, 2016, 04:56:08 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I suppose your point of view will depend upon whether or not you believe he might turn into a decent keeper one day. Fergie obviously did. He bigged him up a lot when he signed him. More than he had to. So unless you think Fergie is a waster, there really is a goalie in there somewhere. That's why this is going to damage him very badly. The views on here show it already is. Charity isn't part of the lexicon these days.

BobG

There's lack of charity and being a prat.

He's young and talented, and having a 'mare.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on October 29, 2016, 04:56:33 pm by MrFrost »
We can't afford those kind of mistakes, it will cost us in the long run

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on October 29, 2016, 05:02:03 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Doesn't help with our d**khead fans booing him and sarcastically cheering when he catches the ball.

w**kers.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on October 29, 2016, 05:02:32 pm by PDX_Rover »
Well, yes. Keepers are supposed to keep, not fluff. But arguably we should have been out of sight long before that.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on October 29, 2016, 05:02:38 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Not good enough in taking advantage of our dominance... and Etheridge  :unsure:

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on October 29, 2016, 05:03:15 pm by BobG »
What's not affording 2 points dropped got to do with anything? The subject under discussion is the impact upon that lad of the mistakes he's made today. Points are irrelevant to that debate. But then, I suppose you're one of the many, many who live for immediate gratification and can't understand the implications and consequences of thinking longer term. C'est la vie.

Cheers

BobG

PS Sorry BRR! That's s not aimed at you or anyone like you! It's a more general reference to some of the opinions expressed higher up.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on October 29, 2016, 05:05:04 pm by IDM »
One mistake in the game is forgivable.. but two??

Keep the player and improve him but he's second choice from now on if Marosi is fit..

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on October 29, 2016, 05:09:46 pm by les@donr »
Dropping points is very relevant, it could means the difference between automatic promotion and being in the play-offs.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on October 29, 2016, 05:10:30 pm by DonnyOsmond »
One mistake in the game is forgivable.. but two??

Keep the player and improve him but he's second choice from now on if Marosi is fit..

I'd loan him out when we have the chance and bring in someone experienced for the rest of the season to compete with Marosi. Fergie says he has potential so need to be playing bit he could also do with being away from our shit fans yelling abuse at him.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on October 29, 2016, 05:18:10 pm by IDM »
In the heat of the moment after he fluffed the second one, in a game we should be winning, you can understand the fans' frustrations..

He wasn't good enough today and you will get that immediate response from fans - longer term the lad should be given a chance, but today he cost us two goals and that cannot be ignored!

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on October 29, 2016, 05:32:42 pm by glosterred »
I hope Marosi is fit by next weekend, and I never thought I'd hear myself saying that!

COYR

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on October 29, 2016, 06:09:03 pm by drfchound »
In the heat of the moment after he fluffed the second one, in a game we should be winning, you can understand the fans' frustrations..

He wasn't good enough today and you will get that immediate response from fans - longer term the lad should be given a chance, but today he cost us two goals and that cannot be ignored!

There was also a chorus of the Marco Marosi song.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on October 29, 2016, 06:52:23 pm by BobG »
I'm not suggesting Etheridge is the goalie we want right now. Nor am I denying two real clangers. Instead, I am suggestsing knee jerk reactions that do not take into account the very highly laudatory views of his manager, his youth and his potential do everyone involved a great disservice. He will be feeling like total shit tonight. If you think he's garbage then you must also include Fergie in that assessment. If you think he has potential, then failing to understand that does him, you and everybody else an equally great disservice. He's hurting already. Amateur bystanders sticking the boot in achieves nothing.

And Les: dropping points is releant to a discussion of consequences and of league tables. It is totally irrelevant to the discussion we were having about the events of the afternoon doing the guy harm. You have to recognise what the point under debate.

BobG

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on October 29, 2016, 07:56:33 pm by drfchound »
Calder :/

Calder played very well today.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on October 29, 2016, 09:28:41 pm by IDM »
He did indeed, and apart from one over hit cross late on, so did Evina...

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on October 29, 2016, 10:18:42 pm by MrFrost »
I'm not suggesting Etheridge is the goalie we want right now. Nor am I denying two real clangers. Instead, I am suggestsing knee jerk reactions that do not take into account the very highly laudatory views of his manager, his youth and his potential do everyone involved a great disservice. He will be feeling like total shit tonight. If you think he's garbage then you must also include Fergie in that assessment. If you think he has potential, then failing to understand that does him, you and everybody else an equally great disservice. He's hurting already. Amateur bystanders sticking the boot in achieves nothing.

And Les: dropping points is releant to a discussion of consequences and of league tables. It is totally irrelevant to the discussion we were having about the events of the afternoon doing the guy harm. You have to recognise what the point under debate.

BobG

Give it a rest.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on October 30, 2016, 06:11:00 pm by NickDRFC »

BobG

The thread isn't called "Discuss he potential impact of negative fan reactions on Ross Etheridge", it's called Doncaster vs Wycombe, so of course talking about two points dropped in this thread is relevant.

Also, I don't think anyone not rating Etheridge means they must automatically not rate Ferguson as a manager. His old man was one of the best there's ever been but I could name a dozen players he signed and evidently (at least initially) rated - doesn't mean he was rubbish.

That said, I am very disappointed with that sort of reaction at the game. It's never going to help.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on November 02, 2016, 07:32:52 pm by ravenrover »

There was also a chorus of the Marco Marosi song.

Mmmmm, atmosphere? Black Bank? Thought the idea was to get behind the team and create an atmosphere. That's twice now, once with ATS and now Etheridge. It creates an atmosphere alright, toxic

TinyPortal © 2005-2012