Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:57:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Post office at priory place to shut up shop  (Read 1575 times)

not on facebook

• Forum Member
Post office at priory place to shut up shop
« on February 08, 2017, 04:06:26 pm by not on facebook »
It's seems that the above post office is upping its operation to another
location  in donny.

Question is what will now happen to the priory place listed building?

Seems a Scottish king from way before the days Mel Gibson shouted ' freedom' is burried there underneath its floors > > > will a delegation
from that midget winch bag that runs the SNP set up camp inside claiming it to be a part of Bonnie Scotland on behalf of the SNP ?

Or will Witherspoons or some other pub chain chance it's arm hammering another nail into the ' pubcaster ' term ?

Maybe a museum built on that jock king theme ,hence in turn Glasgow fair week will be moved to pubcaster instead of blackpool ?

Club Doncaster town centre ticket and info outlet as part of the new 5 year push anyone ?

Day centre for asylum seekers ?

Polish supermarket?

Whitbys town centre fish and chip shop restaurant?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

jonnydog

• VSC Member
Re: Post office at priory place to shut up shop
« Reply #1 on February 09, 2017, 06:20:59 am by jonnydog »
It'll end up being a bargain store, hair/nail salon or cash converter type store. Though I ain't been in Donny centre for quite some time now, it seemed that area was still on a decline, though it's a cracking opportunity for someone.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 09, 2017, 09:43:41 am by Donnywolf »
Great shame for the Building and even more for the employees but its another victim of the way we all shop / communicate these days.

"They" will be after reducing costs by having less Sq footage - heating / lighting and rates etc and will no doubt pop up in some corner of a larger nearby Store at a fraction of the cost and with a hugely reduced workforce.

Most of what they do can be done online anyway (though not everyone has that facility - or wants to use it if they have) - Stamps you can buy almost anywhere - Parcels can be sent cheaper by Hermes (etc) and lots of people (maybe all) now get their Pensions etc paid directly into a Bank and so it is a victim of changing times

I cant believe the changes I have seen / lived through just since the end of the 50's or early 1960.s. Running to a Red Box to ring WolfyDon to say I had made the School Team - and now I can get a Mobile Phone on which I can do almost anything - and so businesses have changed beyond recognition including of course Banks and PO's

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 09, 2017, 08:30:21 pm by MrFrost »
High Melton college is closing too.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 09, 2017, 08:36:06 pm by BobG »
What?! The whole thing? IS the College continuing elsewhere or under another name? Or is it curtains? Bloody hell....

Thanks Mr Frost

BobG

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 09, 2017, 08:42:45 pm by Nudga »
Really? My grassroots team play there, if true, I wonder where that leaves us?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 09, 2017, 08:44:01 pm by MrFrost »
Was in the free press today.  They're relocating everything to The Hub in town and shutting everything down at High Melton. Minimum of 60 jobs lost.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 09, 2017, 08:45:34 pm by BobG »
Don't the ROvers have space at High Melton? I have a feeling they run at least some of their community and education stuff from there. Could be wrong but I'm sure they did once upon a time :)

BobG

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 09, 2017, 08:54:15 pm by not on facebook »
That can't be good that high melton is shutting up shop and
re locating

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 13, 2017, 04:06:46 pm by Mike_F »
Is the footgolf place still up at High Melton? I played once and really enjoyed it but never got round to going again.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 13, 2017, 05:10:10 pm by Nudga »
Yes it is Mike. Apparently network rail or some such are buying high melton. The college is moving everything to The Hub.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012