Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:06:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Harry Kane "celebrations" ?  (Read 2788 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Harry Kane "celebrations" ?
« on November 07, 2016, 07:43:49 am by Donnywolf »
Did I imagine he was flashing 2 fingers to the Arsenal Fans - at least twice - as he ran towards the Spurs Fans in the corner after he netted the Penalty ?

If he did (and I may have miss seen it) did anyone in authority see it and will they investigate ? Or dos it not matter anyway ?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

watto-drfc

• Forum Member
Re: Harry Kane "celebrations" ?
« Reply #1 on November 07, 2016, 09:15:26 am by watto-drfc »
Yes he did and i wondered the same..will he get banned?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 07, 2016, 09:30:29 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Shouldn't matter should it? How much stick does he get? Seems alright to give it back?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 07, 2016, 10:00:30 am by bobjimwilly »
Shouldn't matter should it? How much stick does he get? Seems alright to give it back?

he's a professional at the top of his game and an England international who, whether he likes it or not, is a role model to all ages, including young Arsenal supporters and thousands of kids watching him at home on TV. So no, he should not be giving it back.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 07, 2016, 12:32:11 pm by glosterred »
If an opposition player had done that at the KMS we'd be up in arms over it. So, I hope the FA take him to task over it and if found guilty, ban him

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 07, 2016, 02:10:26 pm by Donnywolf »
So I did not imagine it (as sly as it was). Have not seen a big outcry anywhere but I imagine some Arsenal Fans will be "protesting"

Had to be a Yellow Card minimum as taking your shirt off is and over celebrating is.

Why did he not do the hands behind his ears gesture / kiss the Badge / put his finger to his lips ? All would have worked in winding up the oppo Fans surely ?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 07, 2016, 04:43:26 pm by roversdude »
Maybe just gesturing that it was 2 points Arsenal had dropped lol

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 07, 2016, 05:48:54 pm by nortikorner »
If an opposition player had done that at the KMS we'd be up in arms over it. So, I hope the FA take him to task over it and if found guilty, ban him

Not True what about the player squirting water at Ferguson

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 07, 2016, 06:10:47 pm by glosterred »

Not True what about the player squirting water at Ferguson

That was squirting water at Fergie, not putting two fingers up to the fans, completely different imo. And Strachan had to be restrained for having a go at the guy at the end of the game, so he didn't get away with it.

COYR

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 07, 2016, 06:18:13 pm by nortikorner »
one is assualt the other a gesture

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 07, 2016, 06:45:38 pm by glosterred »

Correct

COYR

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on November 07, 2016, 08:00:59 pm by IDM »

Or are both just forms of banter?

I'd have no problem with being on the end of either. It's not a big deal.

You might  not have, but say you have a 7 year old kid (you may or may not) who then makes such a gesture on the football pitch - because he saw Kane doing it - would that be acceptable "banter"??

What you or I may be able to "take" does not equate to what is appropriate in such a public environment as a big premier league fixture live on tv..

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on November 07, 2016, 08:23:49 pm by IDM »
That's not the issue, the issue is where you draw the line..

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 07, 2016, 09:52:46 pm by bpoolrover »
Got to agree with rigo on this if you take a 7 year old for example to football he will hear a lot worse than someone flicking the vs

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on November 07, 2016, 10:12:01 pm by IDM »
But not from the players though???

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on November 07, 2016, 10:17:39 pm by andysly »
Why is it, particularly in the more high profile premier league, that fans become so precious.
They can give a player on the opposition dogs abuse for for an hour and half, then said player gives a little back and they go running to whoever will listen claiming they've had their feelings hurt.
Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 08, 2016, 12:00:48 am by Sammy Chung was King »
If fans hand it out players should be able to reply in a similar way. This country has gone mad in such a short space of time, some don't even realise they have been infected with the 'politically correct bug'.
It is a mans game or woman's whichever you go to watch. There will be swearing, people chanting things you don't like. You might even have to sit next to somebody who get's on your nerves. If you don't like it don't go.
If it's rascist chanting then yes it needs to be stopped. But if it's just a case of a player flicking two fingers at you, Be a big boy/girl and suck it up it hasn't harmed you.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on November 08, 2016, 12:20:53 am by IDM »
Jesus Christ folks.. . I can ignore what goes on in the stadium and all those examples are just like that..  the point is how players should or shouldn't behave, that's all..

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 08, 2016, 12:25:58 am by Sammy Chung was King »
They probably shouldn't but all human beings are different. Some will ignore stick from a crowd others will give it back knowing the crowd can't get to them as they are protected.
I don't believe in the 'role model' argument. Role models are parents not deeply flawed footballers. Just because they get obscene amounts of money it doesn't mean they have to take on responsibility for others kids.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on November 08, 2016, 08:58:08 am by IDM »
Just to make things clear, I am well aware that fans will say and do all sorts of things, and players, in the heat of the moment, will cross the line too.  Always have, always will.

If a player subsequently receives sanction, then the message to the kids is: cross the line = punishment (of sorts)

In the Kane case, which I haven't seen but can only comment on what's written, it would appear that a yellow card would be sufficient, but I don't think a yellow card can be retrospectively awarded??

I certainly don't advocate throwing the book at someone for such an "offence", just that the right message is given out.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on November 08, 2016, 12:28:28 pm by Donnywolf »
.... tbh IDM blink and you would miss it !

In fact I only started the Thread because I wasn't sure he did what he seemed to do as it was very discreet and his hand ( he did it twice I think ) stayed parallel to the floor to keep it discreet I think and so escape sanction from the Ref

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on November 08, 2016, 01:20:03 pm by IDM »
.... tbh IDM blink and you would miss it !

In fact I only started the Thread because I wasn't sure he did what he seemed to do as it was very discreet and his hand ( he did it twice I think ) stayed parallel to the floor to keep it discreet I think and so escape sanction from the Ref

Which is why I would advocate no more than a yellow card, but that's too late now anyway.

There seems to be a "anything goes, man up" feeling on the thread.  I was just noting that players are likely to be punished for stepping over the line - not suggesting that the things that happen, should never happen...
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 01:30:58 pm by IDM »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012