Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 08:57:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: ROVRUM  (Read 4806 times)

besty

• Forum Member
ROVRUM
« on November 28, 2016, 06:10:05 pm by besty »
Jackett resigns  :ohmy:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
Re: ROVRUM
« Reply #1 on November 28, 2016, 06:12:47 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 28, 2016, 06:22:53 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I thought he'd Jackett in before being told he was no longer required.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 28, 2016, 06:47:33 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
It'll be so much more fun in League One with us hopefully!

craigdrfc

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 28, 2016, 07:30:12 pm by craigdrfc »
No Jackett Required  :coat:

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 28, 2016, 07:48:42 pm by steve@dcfd »
He's probably realised that the budget required at the January Transfer window is not big enough to get Rotherham out of their position.

podrover73

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 28, 2016, 08:35:37 pm by podrover73 »
I'll get me coat  :coat:

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 28, 2016, 09:06:05 pm by The Red Baron »
He's probably realised that the budget required at the January Transfer window is not big enough to get Rotherham out of their position.

I think it was Rob Staton who said the issue was his budget. My question is why wasn't this all discussed and agreed before he took the job?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 28, 2016, 09:28:41 pm by GazLaz »

I think it was Rob Staton who said the issue was his budget. My question is why wasn't this all discussed and agreed before he took the job?

He got told one thing and it seems another wil happen.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 28, 2016, 09:33:40 pm by Copps is Magic »
Easy to laugh but it seems to me they're going through a similar cycle to what we did when we were in the championship. Smaller non-London clubs are just going to find it difficult in the medium-term to survive in that league.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 28, 2016, 09:51:56 pm by drfchound »
Totally agree CiM.
However IF we ever get back there some of our fans will not be able to accept that we will have trouble staying up.
Another story for another day perhaps.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on November 28, 2016, 10:08:45 pm by The Red Baron »

Jackett didn't need to take that job. Had I been in his shoes I would have wanted some cast iron assurances.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 28, 2016, 10:11:50 pm by wilts rover »

Jackett didn't need to take that job. Had I been in his shoes I would have wanted some cast iron assurances.

Cast iron - like a Full Metal Jackett you mean (in before Bentley...)

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on November 28, 2016, 11:12:57 pm by Red wizard »
I hope I'm wrong but I can see Rotherham in big trouble next season. They will have a big wage bill and a massive loss of income if they get relegated which its looking very likely.  I don't know what player's are under contract so it maybe the big earners leave and there ok. 

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on November 29, 2016, 12:06:31 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Totally agree CiM.
However IF we ever get back there some of our fans will not be able to accept that we will have trouble staying up.
Another story for another day perhaps.

I don't think that will happen. Another generation has gone through the turmoil we've been through and will perhaps be more aware of how tough it can be for all involved to manage at the higher level.

As they say, you've got to go through the bad times to appreciate the good times.

If we were to make it to the Championship again, I suspect it'll be even harder. I think Rotherham turned over too many players (and managers) in too short a time. Our success was based on good stability with a good crop of players and a manager who made the best of them.

I suspect DF will gradually build in a similar way to SO'D however, keeping us there is tough and not necessarily a sacking offence if we don't.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 29, 2016, 12:59:41 am by Colemans Left Hook »
to quote ken platt

"he won't take his coat off , he won't be stopping" jackett

I was only quoting a comedian mi-lord I never meant it to actually happen !!!!!

probably got "shirty" jackett

I seem to remember he took the job and someone got sacked the next day -- was it wigan and or wolves ?
on the after match interview on Saturday he was talking quickly a bit yeh yeh yeh etc noticed it at the time

he'll be in another job in 14 days
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 01:06:27 am by Colemans Left Hook »

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 29, 2016, 01:54:42 am by Sammy Chung was King »
They had the chance to create something special they needed to retain Warnock. I suspect the wily character that he is he knew he could do no better than he had with the budget they were mentioning.
In that league you have to take a few chances to survive. It isn't impossible to get a side challenging for promotion in that league but it's not far off being un-doable.
Warnock was the best chance they had but he will demand certain conditions otherwise he will go. Now they have to do what we did with O'Driscoll find another way of doing things. Scour the lower league's and give an 'up and comer' a chance.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on November 29, 2016, 05:56:52 pm by PDX_Rover »
Jackett in.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 29, 2016, 05:56:59 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
They had the chance to create something special they needed to retain Warnock. I suspect the wily character that he is he knew he could do no better than he had with the budget they were mentioning.
In that league you have to take a few chances to survive. It isn't impossible to get a side challenging for promotion in that league but it's not far off being un-doable.
Warnock was the best chance they had but he will demand certain conditions otherwise he will go. Now they have to do what we did with O'Driscoll find another way of doing things. Scour the lower league's and give an 'up and comer' a chance.

just been reading Sammy's mind....
2 to keep an eye on are Lincoln manager & his brother  (worked wonders at Braintree) & that Barrow manager is pulling up trees

it's not that long since lincoln produced an England manager

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on November 29, 2016, 06:36:11 pm by Dutch Uncle »

A right turnip for the books that was  ;)

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on November 29, 2016, 07:05:20 pm by Draytonian III »
The Barrow manager is the ex Mansfield manager Paul Cox

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on November 30, 2016, 01:40:12 am by Sammy Chung was King »

just been reading Sammy's mind....
2 to keep an eye on are Lincoln manager & his brother  (worked wonders at Braintree) & that Barrow manager is pulling up trees

The Cowley family because when Danny is appointed his family all work for the club he manages. He is one i've been keeping an eye on and i'm kicking myself i had nothing on Lincoln getting promoted. I fancied them for the title way back and they are looking good so far.
He has a reputation for long ball football but whatever his style it's effective so far. I'm sure Lincoln fans won't be moaning at the minute.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on November 30, 2016, 09:27:55 am by Glyn_Wigley »
By 'eck, you know you're getting old when you can call 25 years 'not that long'!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012