Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 07:09:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Grimsby  (Read 18961 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re: Grimsby
« Reply #120 on December 03, 2016, 05:08:39 pm by silent majority »
The system? Do you mean that old database and non-functioning crm system that they inherited from the old smc company?

That's why this season they've invested in a new crm system and ticket system once the old contracts had expired.

Not sure why that question should be asked on this thread though when we were discussing the marketing around the Grimsby game, nor why you should be asking me.

I know in recent years most st holders received phone calls from the club asking whether they intended to renew, are you suggesting that nobody has contacted you?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on December 03, 2016, 05:10:26 pm by MrFrost »
The system? Do you mean that old database and non-functioning crm system that they inherited from the old smc company?

That's why this season they've invested in a new crm system and ticket system once the old contracts had expired.

Not sure why that question should be asked on this thread though when we were discussing the marketing around the Grimsby game, nor why you should be asking me.

I know in recent years most st holders received phone calls from the club asking whether they intended to renew, are you suggesting that nobody has contacted you?

I'm a member. They have my email address but receive no communication from the club at all.

Seems to be a pattern emerging here.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #122 on December 03, 2016, 05:19:54 pm by silent majority »

I'm a member. They have my email address but receive no communication from the club at all.

So, your Dad moans that he gets match reports by email that he doesn't want and you moan that nobody contacts you. Seems to be a pattern emerging here.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on December 03, 2016, 05:27:05 pm by MrFrost »

So, your Dad moans that he gets match reports by email that he doesn't want and you moan that nobody contacts you. Seems to be a pattern emerging here.

Constructive as usual.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #124 on December 03, 2016, 05:30:25 pm by DearneValleyRover »
I stand corrected then.
Still you can't compare ticket prices now to what they were 12 years ago.  It isn't relative. 

It's twelve years ago.  The cost of most things have increased.
, including how much people earn. 

Of course it's relative if you're comparing the two different seasons

I think you will find that people's relative wealth has decreased in that time period so less disposable income

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on December 03, 2016, 07:05:52 pm by Metalmicky »

Constructive as usual.

pot and kettle chap.......

Mr Frost................... the meaning of moan

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on December 03, 2016, 08:11:40 pm by MrFrost »

Constructive as usual.

pot and kettle chap.......

Mr Frost................... the meaning of moan

Bore off

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on December 03, 2016, 09:27:04 pm by Copps is Magic »
Notice the club has recently produced this. (following some of the points made on this thread, perhaps?). It's a good start, only as effective as how wide they can spread it though. Not sure what the fansunited bit refers to. They won't be united in the back alleys come the 17th I can tell you that.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #128 on December 03, 2016, 09:35:58 pm by Filo »
Those complaing that the club have not contacted you, have you thought of looking in your email spam folder?

I was the same, wondering why I never got the emails that others got, it was only a couple of weeks ago I discovered a boat load of emails from the club in the spam folder

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #129 on December 03, 2016, 10:14:13 pm by andysly »
Portsmouth - historically bigger club, only Southampton to compete against for fans.
Plymouth - only league club within 50 miles or more
Carlisle - again no competition for fans
Grimsby - as above bar Hull
Luton - Suppose they're only a short train ride from London or Watford

We're not doing bad for 4th level

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on December 04, 2016, 12:03:58 am by MrFrost »
Portsmouth - historically bigger club, only Southampton to compete against for fans.

Carlisle and Grimsby have tiny populations compared to Doncaster

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #131 on December 04, 2016, 02:16:04 am by Sammy Chung was King »

Portsmouth-A lot bigger club than we are-TO BE EXPECTED
Plymouth-No competitors to compete against-TO BE EXPECTED
Carlisle-No competition for fans and a side that's is doing well for a change-TO BE EXPECTED
Grimsby-Just been promoted fans going to games because they are playing new teams and enjoying the release of not being in the conference any more. Most of the time they have been a better supported team than we have been-TO BE EXPECTED
Luton-Not been promoted from the conference that long and are enjoying playing league football again.

Our fans have been spoilt. A club our size doesn't normally play for long in the championship. We overachieved for a good few years. The excitement of playing some of these sides in league two isn't there for the fair weather supporter. Until if we managed to get back to league one at least you won't see those supporters.
 They wore our shirt when it was fashionable to support your home town team now it's been given to the charity shop and they've gone to watch Leeds, Wednesday, Sheff utd or whoever.
Then we have sadly lost a fair few older supporters. Some can't justify paying the prices to watch league two football. Or some work and can't get to games or illness. Or the inevitable fall back of being relegated some have got used to doing other things. Some will come back some won't. As long as you are there does it really matter?
There's no shame in being a small that is ambitious.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #132 on December 04, 2016, 10:15:54 am by silent majority »
Notice the club has recently produced this. (following some of the points made on this thread, perhaps?). It's a good start, only as effective as how wide they can spread it though. Not sure what the fansunited bit refers to. They won't be united in the back alleys come the 17th I can tell you that.

As I alluded to much earlier in this thread, we had a meeting where we decided to jointly promote the game (the point in the thread where certain supporters became apoplectic at the thought) in order to fill the stadium. I also mentioned that the marketing team had some other ideas to help promote the game.

There's a statement from the SLO at Grimsby here;

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/undefined-headline/story-29950897-detail/story.html

« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 10:27:00 am by silent majority »

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #133 on December 04, 2016, 10:20:35 am by MrFrost »
So Grimsby have sold out.  How many have we sold?

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #134 on December 04, 2016, 10:55:25 am by idler »
If you take your son that will be an extra one Michael. 😉

Scartho Mariner

• Forum Member
« Reply #135 on December 04, 2016, 11:36:18 am by Scartho Mariner »

Carlisle and Grimsby have tiny populations compared to Doncaster
Is that Doncaster the town or Doncaster the Borough? BTW Grimsby and Clee population 130,000, NE LIncs 160,000, so not that tiny for such a small area.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #136 on December 04, 2016, 11:57:46 am by eastender »
Points to be made;
1) Club Doncaster is one of the reasons that the team is at the top end of the league
2) Attendances are the 7th highest in this division, not bad considering the last few seasons but could be better
3) Strategic marketing is aimed at new supporters, youngsters, those that we can capture and those we've left behind
4) The level of communication is aimed at the most valuable supporters, season ticket holders etc. Designed to reward your loyalty
5) Pushing the club in town? We already have ticket outlets. Information points ? Poor return, back to shotgun marketing again.

Our attendances are currently 5th highest in league 2
behind Pompey, Plymouth, Luton and just behind Carlisle.

I think you will find my Yorkshire chums you are indeed 6th in the average attendance figures this season. We sit in 4th position with an average of 5096, then come Carlisle, then T'Donny. Should be a cracking atmosphere in a couple of weeks folks! UTM X

I'll think you'll find that we're actually 7th.
You missed  Notts County out in 6th place.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #137 on December 04, 2016, 04:43:44 pm by Copps is Magic »

As I alluded to much earlier in this thread, we had a meeting where we decided to jointly promote the game (the point in the thread where certain supporters became apoplectic at the thought) in order to fill the stadium. I also mentioned that the marketing team had some other ideas to help promote the game.

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/undefined-headline/story-29950897-detail/story.html

I have no problem with any of that. Both clubs should be doing everything they can to prevent trouble. Don't for a minute believe #fansunited has any impact on anything but that's by the by.

My point is someone at rovers has produced the above image which is very good work. It's useless though unless they are going to get it out there. First I knew about it was me actively going to the rovers facebook page. If it doesn't appears in someone's inbox, letterbox or on a wall somewhere then it's simply not going to be effective.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #138 on December 04, 2016, 06:07:03 pm by MrFrost »

I have no problem with any of that. Both clubs should be doing everything they can to prevent trouble. Don't for a minute believe #fansunited has any impact on anything but that's by the by.

My point is someone at rovers has produced the above image which is very good work. It's useless though unless they are going to get it out there. First I knew about it was me actively going to the rovers facebook page. If it doesn't appears in someone's inbox, letterbox or on a wall somewhere then it's simply not going to be effective.

Exactly.

They don't have any idea about social media as you have to physically visit the Facebook page to see it.

Why not use scheduled posts so it appears on people's news feeds a few times per day?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #139 on December 04, 2016, 06:34:21 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I stopped mithering about the size of our attendances a long time ago. Lifes too short to worry about what other people were thinking and whether they will or they won't come to matches.

My only beef a while ago was I thought prices did get too high and it wasn't as easy for people to get tickets especially groups.

That's all behind us now and it's not that difficult for folk to turn up to watch a game at the Keepmoat.

We may never see the attendances we had first season in the Championship. It was a fairytale rise from obscurity which we are unlikely to see again. Things are different now. Football is different now.

Our current league position will do more to make people take note. I'm sure the Grimsby game will be well attended and let's hope it won't be the highest of the season come May.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 06:51:47 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

Capmeister

• Forum Member
« Reply #140 on December 04, 2016, 07:16:47 pm by Capmeister »
If the Donny public aint interested when we're top of the league shame on them. Oh, I forgot they generally aren't. They'd rather go watch Leeds. All I can say is if your town has a league and you choose another team, you're a cross between a big club charlesworth and a gloryhunter! Wonder how many Leicester fans live in Donny now!

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #141 on December 04, 2016, 08:53:55 pm by karldew »
It doesn't bother me about who comes and who doesn't, but as weird as it sounds I think one way to sell tickets for this game would be to get John Ryan to the game? Nearly half way through the season, it'll bring some supporters back through the gates and it might lift the team even more!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #142 on December 04, 2016, 09:34:04 pm by RedJ »
Probably not, like.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012