Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:33:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Your mid-season review  (Read 1474 times)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Your mid-season review
« on January 06, 2017, 11:44:22 am by DonnyOsmond »
Weakest link/area we can we improve?

Best signing this season?

Biggest surprise?

Who has performed the best?

Most disappointing?

Rate the managers season out of 10

Rate our overall season out of 10

Where will we finish?

Mason is a decent player but he isn't a left back, so for me we could do with someone coming in.

I'll go with Marquis over Rowe because Rowe was here last season.

Biggest surprise?
Marosi, he's took his chance brilliantly and made the number one shirt his own.

Hard one to pick. I'm gonna go with Coppinger who has rolled back the years and been brilliant going forward.

Most disappointing?
Evina. Still can't cope with defending even at League Two. Can't cross to save his life either.

Based purely on this season. 8/10. His signings for the most part have been brilliant and he's been ruthless if someone isn't playing well then they're out of the team. Tactically for the most part he's been spot on. We've tightened up defensively recently but we don't seem to have scored as many either but at the end of the day were still picking up wins.

9/10. Our football has been good to watch and we're winning and scoring goals. What's not to like.

Where will we finish?
1st.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: Your mid-season review
« Reply #1 on January 06, 2017, 11:53:05 am by IDM »
Weakest link/area we can we improve?  I agree we need a natural left back, but we are coping well without.

Best signing this season?  Marquis - we have had decent strikers before but the edge this guy has gives us something else - close call with Baudry and Houghton though..

Biggest surprise?  Mandeville - barely got a kick before Williams' injury yet has 10 goals so far.

Best player?  IMHO, none stands out - Baudry, Butler, Rowe, Copps, Marquis, Houghton, Marosi all excellent.  We don't get to be top of the league with one stand out player.

Most disappointing?  Evina, sadly.

Rate the managers season out of 10 9/10 so far.  Coped with injures, brought in great loans - more than 2 points per game and as it stands we are the league's top scorers.

Rate our overall season out of 10 9/10 - can't have done much better although the performances are not always 100%

Where will we finish?  We should finish in the top 3 - by my reckoning we need 85 points ie 33 more from 21 games so that should be achievable.  I would hope we can win the division, but top 3 would be a great result nonetheless.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 06, 2017, 11:54:19 am by Retdon1 »

For me we need a left back. Mason isn't the answer.

I'll go for Marquis. I didn't expect him to be anywhere near this good.

Biggest surprise?
Marosi, ive never been confident in him when he's come on previously but I think he's done very well this season.

Who has performed the best

Hard one to pick but for me since baudry has come on the team he has been outstanding.

Most disappointing?

Ethridge, he's cost us a few points all ready and doesn't look to be good enough.

9/10 bought very well apart from ethridge and has brought in players that will be good enough next season as well. Seems to finally have a plan B and C too.

9/10. We're are playing good football. We're top of the league and scoring plenty of goals.

Where will we finish?
1st.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 06, 2017, 11:57:26 am by NickDRFC »
Hard to argue with most of that, but here is where I see things differently:

Might seem an odd choice given what I've said below but I reckon Baudry. Looks absolutely class at the back and our defence looks way better since he has bedded in. Had he been playing all season I daresay he would have been my answer below.

If the season ended tomorrow I'd say Marquis would be player of the season despite a quiet December. Honourable mention for Copps and Houghton (despite his last couple of games).

Most disappointing?
Never rated Evina, so I'll go with Etheridge. Thought he would be a solid number one who could grow with us for years to come. He may well turn out alright yet, and his poor start means Marosi has really established himself, but I'd still say he's the most disappointing.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 06, 2017, 12:46:26 pm by Alan Southstand »

Left back. Mason has done well but we could improve there and Mason is invaluable throughout the team.

Best signing this season? Marquis.

Biggest surprise? Mandeville.

Who has performed the best? Varies.

Disappointing. Evina.

Manager. 9

Season so Far. 8

Finish: top 3

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 06, 2017, 08:38:29 pm by LincsRover »
Reserve goalie - don't want to get on Ross's back but he just doesn't fill me with confidence

Marquis - move on, no contest!

Biggest surprise?
Copps - still has it when I thought he was past it - outstanding!

The team - bit of a sit in the fence but the whole team have performed. If I had to name someone - marquis & baudry

Disappointing - can't disagree with Evina. I rated him but not performed at all

Manager - nearly won the biggest surprise. I thought after all the losses and relegation last season that he should go - wtf do I know about football?
9.5/10

Season so far - has to be another 9.5/10 - not sure what 10/10 would look like though as it's well exceeding my expectations so far!

Finish - before last night I said top 3, but after that I genuinely think we are the best team in the league; Plymouth will hopefully do what we did after the stoke fa cup game last season once they've lost v Liverpool and I always thought Carlisle flattered to deceive - so why not - championi's again!!!!!!!! Come on!!!!!!!

:rtid:

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 07, 2017, 01:25:42 am by Sammy Chung was King »

Biggest surprise?

Most disappointing?

Where will we finish?

Mason is a decent player but he isn't a left back, so for me we could do with someone coming in.

I'll go with Marquis over Rowe because Rowe was here last season.

Biggest surprise?
Marosi, he's took his chance brilliantly and made the number one shirt his own.

Hard one to pick. I'm gonna go with Coppinger who has rolled back the years and been brilliant going forward.

Most disappointing?
Evina. Still can't cope with defending even at League Two. Can't cross to save his life either.

Based purely on this season. 8/10. His signings for the most part have been brilliant and he's been ruthless if someone isn't playing well then they're out of the team. Tactically for the most part he's been spot on. We've tightened up defensively recently but we don't seem to have scored as many either but at the end of the day were still picking up wins.

9/10. Our football has been good to watch and we're winning and scoring goals. What's not to like.

Where will we finish?
1st.

WEAKEST LINK AREA WE CAN IMPROVE-Wide left we could do with a quick left winger for catching teams on the break.

BEST SIGNING-Houghton when he plays well so do we.

BIGGEST SURPRISE-Liam Mandeville's rate of improvement.

WHO HAS PERFORMED THE BEST- Houghton great consistency for a young player.

MOST DISAPPOINTING-Etheridge so far i expected more from him though there's still time.

MANAGERS SEASON OUT OF TEN-Six because we are just into the second half of the season. That means six is as high as i could go.

OVERALL SEASON OUT OF TEN-Again six top marks because we are just into the second half of the season.

WHERE WILL WE FINISH-1st.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 07, 2017, 11:11:50 am by Copps is Magic »
Don't see many weaknesses in the current squad.

Big John

Biggest surprise?
Mandy, didn't reckon owt to him last season.

We attack. Rowe, Marquis and Coppinger do most of our attacking so it's one of those 3.

Most disappointing?
Dany N'Guessan. Makes my piss boil thinking about the money he's taken off this club. Don't understand how anyone can mention players who at least wanted to play.

9. 10 if the defense continues to improve.

10. Impossible to go above 1st.

Where will we finish?
1st by 10-15 clear points with an undefeated home record.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 07, 2017, 02:09:38 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

Left wing. McSheffry missing has harmed this. Evina could have stepped up to plug it as a wing back.

So many, but my feeling is that Alfie May could be something special.

Biggest surprise?
Mandy. I always felt Marosi was up to the job, still has his faults but he's maturing. Mandy is like a whippet let out of the traps, amazing so far for a young striker and has everything in his favour to improve no end. I see him as a championship level striker if he continues to apply himself.

The team - that 12th man of chemistry is really starting to show itself.

Most disappointing?
Etheridge, though my expectations were high.

Where will we finish?
Top.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 07, 2017, 02:50:57 pm by Campsall rover »
All I am going to say is that we will comfortably finish top and I genuinely think we have a chance of 100 points this season.
The signings of Marquis, Baudry, Rowe, Blair and Houghton have been inspired and all are good enough to help us be a top league 1 team next season.
Now we have Conor Grant also and if we can keep relatively injury free I can't see anyone getting near us this season.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012