Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:14:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 34 man squad  (Read 4575 times)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
34 man squad
« on January 13, 2017, 03:08:23 pm by Copps is Magic »
I make it we've now got a 34 man squad including 2 currently out on loan (that's including youth players who've been in the squad this season). Pretty big. What the idea is behind that I don't know but it makes for some fantasy football stuff....

First team XI;

Lawlor
Alcock   Butler   French   Mason
Rowe   Houghton   Grant   Blair
            Copps
                       Marquis

Crocked and Company XI;

Marosi
Evina       Wright       Taylor-Swift       Lund
McSheffrey   McCullough   Keegan   Middleton
                    Mandeville
                                 Williams

Future Jamie Vardy XI

Etheridge
          Garratt   Fielding   James
Amos   Donaldson   Walker   Pugh
                        Beestin
              Longbottom     May

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
Re: 34 man squad
« Reply #1 on January 13, 2017, 03:18:40 pm by Danmckay456 »
I'll bet Taylor Sinclair , Keegan , McSheffrey , Evina won't be here next season for sure and a few of the young ones out on loan if we do go up would be great to keep Mason , Houghton and Grant then next season we won't need much of an overhaul of the squad which can't be said for quite a while

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 13, 2017, 03:25:13 pm by philsky »
I make it we've now got a 34 man squad including 2 currently out on loan (that's including youth players who've been in the squad this season). Pretty big. What the idea is behind that I don't know but it makes for some fantasy football stuff....

First team XI;

Lawlor
Alcock   Butler   French   Mason
Rowe   Houghton   Grant   Blair
            Copps
                       Marquis

Crocked and Company XI;

Marosi
Evina       Wright       Taylor-Swift       Lund
McSheffrey   McCullough   Keegan   Middleton
                    Mandeville
                                 Williams

Future Jamie Vardy XI

Etheridge
          Garratt   Fielding   James
Amos   Donaldson   Walker   Pugh
                        Beestin
              Longbottom     May

love this !

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 13, 2017, 03:26:58 pm by albie »
No Jones in there either.

Seriously, I'm wondering how we are keeping our wage bill within the rules.  Some going out on loan might help, or an increase in turnover from another source to keep the balance.

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 13, 2017, 03:29:45 pm by One_Matty_Lucas »

Seriously, I'm wondering how we are keeping our wage bill within the rules.  Some going out on loan might help, or an increase in turnover from another source to keep the balance.

Surely the turnover is counting Club Doncaster therefore a bit more inflated for the FFP?

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 13, 2017, 03:32:12 pm by andyst79 »
I'd forgotten we have McCullough !

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 13, 2017, 03:39:09 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Surely the turnover is counting Club Doncaster therefore a bit more inflated for the FFP?

But Club Doncaster is a terrible idea. Get rid! ;)

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 13, 2017, 03:39:17 pm by silent majority »

That's exactly it. The success of Club Doncaster is driving both turnover and playing budget and fits nicely with the plan and strategy that's been presented over the last few years.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 13, 2017, 04:27:02 pm by GazLaz »

That's exactly it. The success of Club Doncaster is driving both turnover and playing budget and fits nicely with the plan and strategy that's been presented over the last few years.

What is the Rovers turn over as a percentage of the whole Club Doncaster turnover? 95%?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 13, 2017, 04:37:03 pm by DonnyOsmond »

What is the Rovers turn over as a percentage of the whole Club Doncaster turnover? 95%?

If it is just 5% the others bring in and that gives us enough room under FFP to bring in 1 additional player then how is that a bad thing? Take away Club Doncaster and we lose that one player and that extra turnover.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 13, 2017, 04:42:34 pm by GazLaz »

If it is just 5% the others bring in and that gives us enough room under FFP to bring in 1 additional player then how is that a bad thing? Take away Club Doncaster and we lose that one player and that extra turnover.

Then it all depends on the profit or loss of that 5%.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 13, 2017, 05:08:36 pm by steve@dcfd »
When we get promoted at least six of those players will not be in next season squad.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 13, 2017, 05:18:00 pm by Al4475 »
I understand, and sm can back me up I'm sure (or shoot me down if I'm wrong) that club doncaster is currently running at a very healthy profit - and the profit is being straight back into rovers finances!

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 13, 2017, 05:30:30 pm by Dutch Uncle »

Or Joe(?) McCormick (the one who injured his shoulder pre-season) who has a youth contract

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 13, 2017, 05:42:13 pm by Copps is Magic »
Jones is included in the 34 just didn't make one of my imaginary teams above. McCormick hasn't been in the 1st team squad for a competitive game yet as far as I know.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 13, 2017, 05:56:20 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Take your point CiM, and no criticism implied - I like you choices and observations.

Mind you, none of James, Walker or May have made it onto the pitch yet either, and I mentioned McCormick because he has a contract, which sort of puts him above James, Walker and Amos in the pecking order. He must be well thought of.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 13, 2017, 05:56:32 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Jake McCormick isn't it? Last I heard he was given a 6 month contract I believe. No news of him being let go so he must be kicking around somewhere.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 13, 2017, 05:58:53 pm by silent majority »

Then it all depends on the profit or loss of that 5%.

Loss??

You're miles out on the figures.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 13, 2017, 06:00:15 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Jake McCormick isn't it? Last I heard he was given a 6 month contract I believe. No news of him being let go so he must be kicking around somewhere.

Wasn't Jake a few years ago? Or maybe that was Joe. There were certainly two players anyway

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 13, 2017, 06:12:10 pm by RedJ »
Jake was a few years ago. That wasn't even his actual (or middle) name so Christ above knows why he wanted to be called that.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 13, 2017, 06:15:48 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Joey McCormick.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 14, 2017, 02:44:58 am by Sammy Chung was King »
We will need training sessions in shifts before long. Just imagine when McCullough stops running in straight lines and can turn again and the rest are ready. Ferguson will have to employ his scouts to watch some there will be that many.
Somewhere in a cupboard under the stands we have a stack of youth team players waiting to be let out for a game.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on January 14, 2017, 02:55:04 am by BobG »
If you think about proceeds into Club Doncaster the idea of 5% being the contribution of all the other clubs put together is about the silliest guess I've heard this year. All the third party uses of the stadiums, pitches, clubs and courts, food and bars for all teams/clubs within the umbrella for a start. Then there's all the pitch and stadium hire fees. The car park fees. The advertising revenues. The match programme charges and revenues too for the clubs within the umbrella. Then there's all the payments by the various leagues on top of all that.

The total revenue is going to be quite big. The income allocation is going to be split a whole lot wider than 95/5 and the budgets of each of the participating clubs will be set within the revenues of the overall Club Doncaster rvebue and budgetting parameters.

BobG

TinyPortal © 2005-2012