Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:26:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bet against Rovers?  (Read 2058 times)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
Bet against Rovers?
« on January 24, 2017, 10:35:16 pm by bobjimwilly »
I don't want to appear a pessimist, but whilst we're 4/6 favourites for the title, I think Plymouth at 4/1 are pretty good odds?

Bookies don't seem to have much faith in Carlisle now though at 18/1. I'd guess Portmouth at 8/1 is just the sheer number of overly optimistic/delusional Pompey fans?   :lol:

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/league-2

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re: Bet against Rovers?
« Reply #1 on January 25, 2017, 06:05:14 am by Donnywolf »
I dont see your bet as pessimistic - more a case of realistic.

There have been posts on here that have been very Red and White Hooped "tinted" and we are talking about winning the Title / winning it my April / winning with Record Points etc etc

However there is a lot of Football to be played yet and I for one just look back to the time of the Stoke game last Season and most will probably have felt as I did that we were "safe" from Relegation. In the next Home game was it we lost Keshi and from then the only way was down !

So I am not saying we wont go up but its not nailed on yet and in May we may even be thankful of getting Promo via a Play off Final - as Klopp says "who knows?". The best bit is if you bet on Plymouth at 4/1 and Rovers come top you wont feel that miffed - whereas if Plymouth come top and Rovers are Runners up well you have the best of both worlds !

I do it a lot on Man U "big" games (I will have to wait for a really big one for a while I hope ) - such as the Cup Final last year. Stick a Fiver on and if they triumph the money takes the edge off their win. Good Luck

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 25, 2017, 06:11:20 am by Al4475 »
I reckon I should back Plymouth cos then we're bound to win it as they'll lose every game if I actually put money on em!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 25, 2017, 09:04:17 am by Campsall rover »
The optermism some of us are showing on hear about winning the title etc etc is due to the sheer confidence and grit and determination this team is now producing week in week out.
They have a winning mentality and when they lose a game which they might of course they will bounce back I am sure.
DF is not going to allow any complacency. He wants that title believe me. After last seasons calamity his reputation as a manager is on the line, is it not?
But I agree as I keep saying nothing I is guaranteed.
Onwards and upwards we go towards the Title I have almost no doubt.
Come on the ROVERS  :woohoo:

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 25, 2017, 09:32:59 am by WheatleyRover »
I would never bet against Rovers ;)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 25, 2017, 02:45:18 pm by GazLaz »
I'm on at tens and have said since day one that it was obvious we had by far and away the best team and manager in the division but 4/6 seems a bit short. The thing is though with Plymouth not playing at the weekend we are likely to kick further clear, that will be factored into the price.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 27, 2017, 02:40:05 am by Sammy Chung was King »
1/16 on to get promotion. Nothing is ever as certain or 'cut and dried' as that sort of price. Injuries happen, players lose form, games catch up with teams. It looks very good but it isn't certain-not yet.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012