Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:46:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: How to put forward new ideas ?  (Read 4240 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
How to put forward new ideas ?
« on January 23, 2017, 11:10:38 am by Donnywolf »
I see on the "Referees" Thread that 84 new rules were introduced this Season but do some come from suggestions and how would "one" promote such an idea

Three I would like to see (none of which will be a surprise to regular readers) are as follows :

1) When a goal is scored instead of adding a supposed 30 seconds of added time simply stop the game clock and do not restart it till the ball is kicked off again by the conceding Team. That would allow the scoring Team to dance like looneys / kick the Corner Flag / go through a pre planned training Ground celebration all of which probably last than the supposed 30 seconds and thus be fairer to all Teams

2) Once a game is halted to allow a Substitution the game clock is stopped each and every time. Then as above it cant be used as a Time wasting tactic as now. True it will disrupt the game as Time outs do in American Football but we wont have to endure a Sub going to the remotest part of the Pitch then crawling back when his Number is displayed. Technically we MAY still suffer but at least we have the justice of knowing we have lost no game time no matter how long the change takes

3) Goal line technology (we have enough threads running on that)

So if I wanted to promote such ideas is it as simple as a Tweet to Gary Liniker or EMail Jeff Stelling or the FL / FIFA ?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: How to put forward new ideas ?
« Reply #1 on January 23, 2017, 12:45:08 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
A game clock would revolutionise our game and once and for all kill the endless mystery called added time. It takes the pressure off the ref and everyone knows how longs left. Kills the notion of late subs to waste time etc.

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 23, 2017, 02:03:44 pm by nortikorner »
Goal kicks taken from the side it goes out

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 23, 2017, 02:21:18 pm by DearneValleyRover »
When players are injured and have to leave the pitch, the player who committed the foul causing said injury should also have to leave the pitch

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 23, 2017, 03:47:19 pm by NickDRFC »
When players are injured and have to leave the pitch, the player who committed the foul causing said injury should also have to leave the pitch

Not sure that would ever work in practice - imagine us at Yeovil next week, two one down with 5 mins to play and we are really starting to threaten. They realise that Copps and Marquis are looking our likeliest to score, so when one of their players (say their left midfielder) is challenged by Copps, he goes down and holds his ankle. Physio on, "I need treatment off the pitch", both he and Copps go off. Both teams down to 10 men but having our key threat off slows down our resurgence, whilst they don't miss their man at all, and once their midfielder has miraculously recovered 3-4 minutes later, our momentum has slowed and once back on, Copps fails to get back into the game.

Think there's too much scope for "gamesmanship" with that idea.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 23, 2017, 04:15:26 pm by DearneValleyRover »
At present if your player is fouled instead of gaining an advantage you have to play with less players and to counter your argument if Copps is fouled in your scenario he goes off and we play with a man less.

DD

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 23, 2017, 04:35:45 pm by DD »
If we go a goal up, ref blows for time! That's it game over - 3 more points for Donny. Pub time! Winner!
It would stop late arrivals!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 23, 2017, 05:04:28 pm by RoversAlias »
If we go a goal up, ref blows for time! That's it game over - 3 more points for Donny. Pub time! Winner!

I think this is the best idea we've ever had on the forum, should definitely be implemented.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 23, 2017, 05:16:20 pm by Donnywolf »
.... thanks for discussing the issues / developing them / and adding a few of your own especially like the last one   :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

..... but the original question was if I want to progress my 3 ideas - or any of the extra ones how do we actually do it ?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 05:22:49 pm by Donnywolf »

weststander

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 23, 2017, 05:21:15 pm by weststander »
Perhaps the FSF has a voice. QuestIon for SM?

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 23, 2017, 05:27:31 pm by NickDRFC »
At present if your player is fouled instead of gaining an advantage you have to play with less players and to counter your argument if Copps is fouled in your scenario he goes off and we play with a man less.

I realise it's not necessarily fair at the moment, but how do you prevent people feigning injury to get the opposition's best player taken out of the game?

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 23, 2017, 05:27:59 pm by NickDRFC »

Terrible idea, how would we score our 2nd and 3rd goals if that was the rule?!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 23, 2017, 05:52:01 pm by silent majority »

Players don't have to leave the pitch any more. It's one of this seasons rule changes.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 23, 2017, 05:52:42 pm by silent majority »
Perhaps the FSF has a voice. QuestIon for SM?

Not sure about that one. I can ask though.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 23, 2017, 06:02:15 pm by DearneValleyRover »

Players don't have to leave the pitch any more. It's one of this seasons rule changes.

Didn't realise that, about time

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 23, 2017, 09:46:17 pm by drfchound »

If that is actually the case SM, why is it that sometimes players do have to leave the field when the trainer has been called onto the pitch.
I know that keepers don't have to go off but other times players sometimes have to go off until the ref allows them back on and sometimes the trainer comes on but the outfield player doesn't have to go off after treatment.
I am not including blood injuries in this as obviously they all require either stitches or bandages.
I am not dreaming, I have seen this happening all season but no one can tell me why one case differs from another.

Didn't realise that, about time

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 23, 2017, 10:34:54 pm by idler »

[/quote

DD

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 24, 2017, 12:08:32 am by DD »
Players often try to gain a few yards at free kicks - especially when taken in ones own half - then we have to wait for ref to send them back - couldn't the linesman hold his flag up until he was happy that the kick being taken was in line. Or could he raise flag if not in line? Just an idea

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 24, 2017, 02:08:55 am by Sammy Chung was King »
It's part of the game not knowing quite how long is left. It adds to the suspense and atmosphere. The game at the minute is going too much towards trying to be perfect with increased camera use being talked of etc.
When you go down the pub with you're mates there will hardly anything to talk about regarding the game as it's going.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 24, 2017, 06:25:15 am by Donnywolf »
Players often try to gain a few yards at free kicks - especially when taken in ones own half - then we have to wait for ref to send them back - couldn't the linesman hold his flag up until he was happy that the kick being taken was in line. Or could he raise flag if not in line? Just an idea

Good point - and what the Lino's actually tend to do is wait till the Bloke "steals" the 5 yards or so and them he moves up to be level with them. The Lino should raise his flag as you say and stay to signify where the Kick should be taken. As above though they tend to be "bottlers"

PS I always used to be miffed as we tend not to "creep" or even try to creep forwards and used to point out we used to take Free Kicks especially defensive ones behind where we could have taken them from. At least that is another area we seem to have addressed - presumably the Coaches have been at work !
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 06:43:25 am by Donnywolf »

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 24, 2017, 06:40:23 am by Donnywolf »
It's part of the game not knowing quite how long is left. It adds to the suspense and atmosphere. The game at the minute is going too much towards trying to be perfect with increased camera use being talked of etc.
When you go down the pub with you're mates there will hardly anything to talk about regarding the game as it's going.

I still think there would be loads to talk about - after all we managed pages of Posts on whether Etheridge was fit to be a Keeper because his interview when he signed was nervy and seriously flawed

I actually think more aids ought to be used not for perfection but standardisation reasons. For instance  Referees and their Free Kick sprays are now accepted and are used because the Kicker used to creep forwards towards the Goal while the defenders "wall" used to creep towards the Kicker (both obvious)

So in came the spray which seems to be working well - with one exception. The Refs differ between each other as to what distance they measure out. Just watch the difference one Ref to another. Some take 10 strides - others do 10 little fairy steps while others dont reach 10 steps stopping at 9 or even 8 and a half ! I have never seen one do 11 as yet !

Refs also dont seem to even produce the same "distance" in the same game - and we often say on here the Ref was a Homer or favoured the big Team - well this is one area where they can. 10 big strides for a "big Teams" Free Kick and 10 ordinary strides or even 9 strides for the "lesser Team" and would anyone (other than saddoes like me) know or notice ?

I know we cant bring in a Laser measurement device or a Tape measure but it is the sort of standardisation the Game should be looking at is it upholds the Rules THEY have set !
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 06:47:41 am by Donnywolf »

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on January 24, 2017, 07:05:10 am by Muttley »

Fair point, and I feel much the same but you've also got to look back to the early years of the game when the goal was just two posts (and probably a couple of jumpers before that) until someone decided to put a tape across and then that became the crossbar we know today - not as fancy as all-seeing cameras but "technology" nevertheless.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on January 24, 2017, 07:08:47 am by Muttley »
One improvement to the game that I'd like to see is for all managers to be attached to a bungee rope tied to the back of the dugout just long enough to reach the edge of the technical area.

Plastic sheeting and a squirt of Fairy Liquid would add to the fun.

The sight of Steve Evans slamming back into the dugout after protesting about a non-existent infringement would make my day.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on January 24, 2017, 08:01:27 am by Donnywolf »
 :that  :lol:

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 24, 2017, 08:01:54 am by Metalmicky »
I would like to see a sin bin in operation - so when a player is cautioned he would serve a 10 minute period in the sin bin during the current match rather than him aggregating cards and then missing a game against a team - who would indirectly benefit from his earlier misdemeanour's. That way at least the team that the player offended against would then receive the benefit...

Would also like to see talking back to the ref punished - as they do in the egg chasing game... 

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on January 24, 2017, 08:03:31 am by Donnywolf »
I would like to see a sin bin in operation - so when a player is cautioned he would serve a 10 minute period in the sin bin during the current match rather than him aggregating cards and then missing a game against a team - who would indirectly benefit from his earlier misdemeanour's. That way at least the team that the player offended against would then receive the benefit...

Would also like to see talking back to the ref punished - as they do in the egg chasing game... 

Both great Points - and start with Rooney for the talking back law. How DOES he get away with that ?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on January 24, 2017, 08:06:54 am by Donnywolf »
AND to come full circle again .... we have added to the pool of ideas

However my OP asked HOW would someone put forward an idea to get  it some air time or exposure ?

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 24, 2017, 12:48:22 pm by VivaRovers »
...so in came the spray which seems to be working well - with one exception. The Refs differ between each other as to what distance they measure out. Just watch the difference one Ref to another. Some take 10 strides - others do 10 little fairy steps while others dont reach 10 steps stopping at 9 or even 8 and a half ! I have never seen one do 11 as yet !

Refs also dont seem to even produce the same "distance" in the same game - and we often say on here the Ref was a Homer or favoured the big Team - well this is one area where they can. 10 big strides for a "big Teams" Free Kick and 10 ordinary strides or even 9 strides for the "lesser Team" and would anyone (other than saddoes like me) know or notice ?

I know we cant bring in a Laser measurement device or a Tape measure but it is the sort of standardisation the Game should be looking at is it upholds the Rules THEY have set !

You do realise that referees aren't all a standard size don't you Donnywolf? The rule is ten yards, not ten paces. So for some refs that might be 9 big strides, for others it might be ten regular ones, or nine big ones and a hop.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on January 24, 2017, 03:47:33 pm by Mike_F »
There we go then: Standardised ref sizes to be brought in. The standard size to be 6 inches taller than Trevor Kettle. Get the bas**rd on the rack.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 27, 2017, 02:33:36 am by Sammy Chung was King »
One improvement to the game that I'd like to see is for all managers to be attached to a bungee rope tied to the back of the dugout just long enough to reach the edge of the technical area.

Plastic sheeting and a squirt of Fairy Liquid would add to the fun.

The sight of Steve Evans slamming back into the dugout after protesting about a non-existent infringement would make my day.

That takes thoughts of a 'slam dunk' to a whole new level ! :laugh:.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012