Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:10:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Highlights  (Read 3987 times)

donnyguy61

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Re: Highlights
« Reply #1 on January 01, 2018, 08:11:49 pm by GazLaz »
Was that Marquis that headed at the keeper near the end? Great ball in, should have scored.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 01, 2018, 08:15:12 pm by Donnywolf »
Yes to both - but not really a great diving save as Twitter says below

Doncaster Rovers FC
‏Verified account @drfc_official
3h3 hours ago

90' Jonathan Bond pulls off a great diving save to keep out Marquis' header. 1-0 #DRFC
0 replies . 4 retweets 7 likes
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 08:18:55 pm by Donnywolf »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 01, 2018, 08:40:24 pm by IDM »
Was that Marquis that headed at the keeper near the end? Great ball in, should have scored.

He was unlucky not to score.. If the keeper is wrong footed thinking Marquis is trying to guide the ball to the keeper's left, everyone celebrates a deserved goal..

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 01, 2018, 09:27:05 pm by bobjimwilly »
Those highlights seem very one sided toward Posh? Can anyone who was at the game confirm if they represent how the match went? From all reports I read we dominated first 15 mins, had numerous chances and overall played the better football?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 01, 2018, 09:29:28 pm by IDM »
The highlights maybe show the best chances - out early attacks had shots blocked, and there was a Marquis 35 yard screamer that missed the target..also May just missing a glancing header before we scored.. so no, the highlights were not truly representative..

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 01, 2018, 09:34:55 pm by selby »
  A deserved point, they  worked our keeper  more than we did theirs,  In the first half Alfie had the ball on the right side of the area with Marquis wide open at the far post, but didn't look to cross to him again, that was our best chance in the first half.
  In the highlights you will see him do the same to Rowe., and he missed a chance just before we scored, what looked like an easy header from in front of goal six yards out.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 01, 2018, 09:55:01 pm by since-1969 »
We still can’t finish a move with a decent pass or shot . We had good possession but got harried off the ball too often and too many loose passes . Peterborough are not as good as us but know how to get you to give away cheap possession by pushing and mauling and diving and just plain cheating if all else fails by conning the ref when you can get away with it .

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 01, 2018, 09:58:59 pm by Lifelong supporter »
Those highlights seem very one sided toward Posh? Can anyone who was at the game confirm if they represent how the match went? From all reports I read we dominated first 15 mins, had numerous chances and overall played the better football?

They don't represent the game at all.
We had far more possession than them and looked more like the home side throughout, although they were dangerous on the break.
The so called highlights don't include May's miss near the end either.
We played well enough to win the game but it was a poor goal to give away and Whiteman's equaliser was no more than we deserved.

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 01, 2018, 10:10:38 pm by philsky »

They don't represent the game at all.
We had far more possession than them and looked more like the home side throughout, although they were dangerous on the break.
The so called highlights don't include May's miss near the end either.
We played well enough to win the game but it was a poor goal to give away and Whiteman's equaliser was no more than we deserved.

Listening to the match we seemed to have greater possession throughout

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 01, 2018, 10:18:08 pm by Jonathan »
We dominated possession and territory but probably didn’t carry enough of a direct threat until the last few minutes when all of a sudden we carved out a few big chances. I thought Peterborough were quite poor, or at least we didn’t allow them to offer much in return. The point was very much deserved for our efforts.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 01, 2018, 10:20:28 pm by IDM »
We still can’t finish a move with a decent pass or shot

You didn't see the first goal in the game on Friday then?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 01, 2018, 10:38:04 pm by RedJ »
We dominated possession and territory but probably didn’t carry enough of a direct threat until the last few minutes when all of a sudden we carved out a few big chances. I thought Peterborough were quite poor, or at least we didn’t allow them to offer much in return. The point was very much deserved for our efforts.

This. Didn't look like scoring for long spells, but there were some very good passing movements at times. Peterborough didn't look particularly dangerous either and (I couldn't really see because of an iron girder but) it looked as though the defence just switched off during the free kick that they scored from. Maddison is a cock as well.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 01, 2018, 11:22:31 pm by MachoMadness »
It was good to see us pull out a good performance against a good side, really puts my mind at ease for the rest of the season. I would say 1-1 was a fair result.

Woodhead Passer

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 02, 2018, 10:15:12 am by Woodhead Passer »

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 02, 2018, 01:22:05 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
..... (I couldn't really see because of an iron girder but) it looked as though the defence just switched off during the free kick that they scored from.....

Looks to me like their number 5, Tafazolli, who headed it onto McGoldrick, held down Wright who was then imbalanced and fell. Something of a foul but more like Wright still being a young un, learning his trade.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 02, 2018, 01:27:36 pm by IDM »

Have a look at the Posh fan's youtube above. Doesn't show everything but plenty of Rovers in action..

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 02, 2018, 01:40:06 pm by nortikorner »
Question
 should there goal be rule out  for not taking  the free kit from the right place (the foam mark)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 02, 2018, 01:45:07 pm by Campsall rover »
Looking at their goal on that footage, Lawlor should have come and caught or at least punch it. The ball was floated up he had plenty of time to come for it.
Don’t want to criticise him too much as he has been outstanding in recent matches and is starting to look like a very good keeper.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 02, 2018, 02:01:02 pm by IDM »
Question
 should there goal be rule out  for not taking  the free kit from the right place (the foam mark)

A bit late now!  To be honest I thought it was a very soft free kick at the time, shouldn't have been given, but it was..

legendslounger

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 03, 2018, 11:42:39 am by legendslounger »
another good performance by the lads and no the sky sports highlights didnt do our performance justice

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 03, 2018, 12:33:55 pm by DMnumber4 »
7 points between the two sides in the table and the spoils shared over both meetings.

Thought Rovers took the game to Peterborough but didn't fashion a clear chance (where the 'keeper was tested) until the last ten minutes. Perhaps Posh just speculate a bit more? As was evident in their goal; throw it in to the mix and see what happens.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012