Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:13:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Charlton again.  (Read 2444 times)

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
Charlton again.
« on January 21, 2017, 01:34:23 pm by Goole Rover »
I understand that their game against Scunthorpe has been called off because of a frozen pitch while other matches go ahead in the capital.
Amazing, I am reliably informed that they have a host of players out.
The groundsman has stated the goal mouths are playable because they were double sheeted, why not the rest of the pitch.
Smells fishy.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bedale rover

• VSC Member
Re: Charlton again.
« Reply #1 on January 21, 2017, 01:44:21 pm by bedale rover »
Orient and Crawley also off

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 21, 2017, 01:50:27 pm by GazLaz »
All depends on if the sun can get to certain areas of the pitch. The pitch there obviously retains water so freezing will be more harsh.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 21, 2017, 02:32:25 pm by idler »
I understand that their game against Scunthorpe has been called off because of a frozen pitch while other matches go ahead in the capital.
Amazing, I am reliably informed that they have a host of players out.
The groundsman has stated the goal mouths are playable because they were double sheeted, why not the rest of the pitch.
Smells fishy.
Judging by the capabilities and effort of their ground staff the last time that I was there the ice could be two inches thick. 😉

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 21, 2017, 03:11:17 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
i saw it on the Grimsby website that it is an EFL directive that football league clubs have that black plastic  covering  (works to minus 10)-- which barnet ticketline mentioned on the phone (they had in place) -- when rovers fans phoned up for tickets --

makes me wonder how philsky said the pitch was fine at Barnet when it was covered

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 21, 2017, 07:18:20 pm by VivaRovers »
It's been freezing in South East London last few mornings, big stands at Charlton mean the sun won't reach a fair few parts of the pitch, so not wholly surprising they were off

besty

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 21, 2017, 07:22:40 pm by besty »
Said on Radio that they havent had their under ground heating on long enough?!

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 24, 2017, 01:33:41 am by Sammy Chung was King »
They can't afford to connect the boilers up to the pipes, unbelievable. I would be interested if there was much betting on this happening with the bookies. It should be a requirement if you have undersoil heating it must be used.
Teams can afford to blow it on players wages but can't do the basics to get the game on-they should be fined for it, it's not the first time as we know to our cost.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 24, 2017, 01:18:06 pm by IDM »
I disagree.  If there is a requirement for undersoil heating in a particular division, all must comply.

Why should Charlton be punished for a facility that doesn't work properly, that other clubs at the same level are not required to have??

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 24, 2017, 01:28:45 pm by wing commander »
   As far as I'm aware Charlton don't have a boiler to switch on....They have the pipework in place but never actually got the boiler to connect with it...They can be hired in but it takes a few days for it to get up to temperature apparently...
   Lets be honest here,they had no defence to put out due to injury's they were hardly going to break there backs to do it..Scunny knew there was a pitch inspection Friday and the game was in doubt but didn't let there own fans know that either....

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 30, 2017, 06:51:34 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
just been listening to radio humberside

by the way they feed their interviewers on raw meet judging by the questions asked to Grimsby manager 

and you realise what a soft lot they are at radio da da especially that "tame"  da da interviewer  Silver (initials Ag) as i call him

the point is swan of Scunthorpe said they had the heating turned off and didn't have to put it on -- that only being a requirement for the premiership

he said their "new" "new" ground will get planning permission pdq

so that'll be one more ground for your lists - trouble is if they go up this season - rovers and them will be going in opposite directions at he end of next season

TinyPortal © 2005-2012