Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:05:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Fergies Influence..  (Read 2801 times)

Mac the hooped man

• Forum Member
Fergies Influence..
« on January 22, 2017, 10:23:51 am by Mac the hooped man »
Interesting stat,  7 of the last 10 wins have been drawing at halftime..  so whatever fergie says or due to subs in the 2nd half, it's obviously paying dividends...

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Re: Fergies Influence..
« Reply #1 on January 22, 2017, 01:51:37 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
A big part is how teams play against us. Nearly everyone sets out to play high tempo, press us and stop us playing. Teams are tiring and we're then going for the kill by which point they then become unable to claw it back.

chrisd_123

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 22, 2017, 06:28:20 pm by chrisd_123 »
I'd agree he's clearly doing a good job at managing the players in various situations. When we've not been at our best he's changed something, either shape or players, mid game and it's worked in our favour almost every time. Can only think of Blackpool where everything seemed to fall apart.

That added to the fact we're the best team in the league and you're on to a winner!

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 22, 2017, 08:50:29 pm by les@donr »
After last season's debacle, DF has to get us promoted as Champions to prove that he is a decent manager and last season was a one off.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 22, 2017, 08:56:45 pm by Filo »
I've been telling anyone that would listen since just before the Grimsby game that we will win the league at a canter, we'll have it wrapped up by Easter. Easter Monday against Blackpool could be the game that seals it. I might miss that one though as me and the wife have booked to go away, thats if she recovers enough from her recently broken back

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 22, 2017, 09:03:11 pm by BobG »
Jesus Filo! What on Earth happened to the bed then?!

I hope she is recovering ok? Your post hints she is. Fingers very crossed.

Bob

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 22, 2017, 09:06:56 pm by Filo »
Jesus Filo! What on Earth happened to the bed then?!

I hope she is recovering ok? Your post hints she is. Fingers very crossed.

Bob

She had an epeleptic seizure in the bathroom just over 2 weeks ago, fell backwards and banged her back on the edge of the bath, ended up with a compression fracture of the L3 vertebrea

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 22, 2017, 09:18:22 pm by BobG »
Ouch. Bloody hell. Is she bed bound for a while then? Good luck to both of you. That's scary.

Bob

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 22, 2017, 09:21:19 pm by Pancho Regan »
Blimey, I'm really sorry to hear that Filo.
Hope your good lady recovers as soon as possible.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 22, 2017, 09:22:10 pm by Filo »
Ouch. Bloody hell. Is she bed bound for a while then? Good luck to both of you. That's scary.

Bob

No docs say she has to keep mobile, and she has to wear a TSLO Brace for 6 to 8 weeks, we'll know more after tomorrows visit to the fracture clinic, which we're not looking forward to given her present mobility issues, the location of the fracture clinic at DRI (down a hill) and the lack of parking anywhere near the fracture clinic

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 22, 2017, 10:33:14 pm by BobG »
Probly have to drop her off outside the front door and then clear off to park 3 miles away.... And then walk back to the hospital and then back to collect the car after.... Good luck!

Bob

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 22, 2017, 10:36:30 pm by Filo »
Probly have to drop her off outside the front door and then clear off to park 3 miles away.... And then walk back to the hospital and then back to collect the car after.... Good luck!

Bob

It's madness that the powers that be put a clinic for broken bones in the most inaccesable place at the Hospital

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 23, 2017, 03:43:08 am by dickos1 »
After last season's debacle, DF has to get us promoted as Champions to prove that he is a decent manager and last season was a one off.

He's proven he's a good manager already, by the signings he's made, the way he can attract players that shouldn't be at this level, the games he's changed by his tactics and substitutions.
It's not easy to take over a struggling side mid season with a side full of players that aren't yours. He's built his own side now and it's probably going to get us our highest points total in my lifetime

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 24, 2017, 01:31:59 am by les@donr »

He's proven he's a good manager already, by the signings he's made, the way he can attract players that shouldn't be at this level, the games he's changed by his tactics and substitutions.
It's not easy to take over a struggling side mid season with a side full of players that aren't yours. He's built his own side now and it's probably going to get us our highest points total in my lifetime

I think DF has learnt from past mistakes, as in not getting in some quality defenders last January, if he had we might have stayed up. He does now have his own team, so the expectation has to be we get promoted this season, and keep the momentum going and do well in L1 next season, with some additional players joining in the Summer to strengthen the quality of the squad. He has to prove that he can crack L1, which he failed to do last season, I believe with the squad he is building he will do it next season.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012