Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:29:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: An Italian Uncle Ken?  (Read 3560 times)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
An Italian Uncle Ken?
« on January 20, 2017, 10:28:02 am by The Red Baron »
Complete with Italian Mark Weaver it would seem.

http://mobile.leytonorient.com/news/article/2016-17/orient-club-statement-3528608.aspx

Worrying times for Leyton Orient.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
Re: An Italian Uncle Ken?
« Reply #1 on January 20, 2017, 10:41:15 am by Colemans Left Hook »
yes they know how to spot players

as I've said before   manager wouldn't play this nice kid

http://www.getbucks.co.uk/sport/football/news/wycombe-striker-scott-kashket-league-12413455

I always believe in trying every player in every position (xcept goalie?) before you release them like Evina as a poacher 

when he bought the club he was thinking of buying Brentford but decided orient was much cheaper for being one division below

Brentford fans don't realise how lucky they are come to think of that neither do Rovers fans to quote McMillan " you've never had it so good"

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 20, 2017, 11:48:13 am by RoversAlias »
I've never seen anything like it. What a complete disgrace. That club will be in the National League next season at this rate and we'll probably never see them again, how awful.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 20, 2017, 11:53:17 am by silent majority »
To make matters worse the 'London Stadium', now hosting West Ham, was actually closer to the Orient than it was to Upton Park. With extra capacity and cheap season tickets it will undoubtedly erode the fan base at LE.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 20, 2017, 02:49:49 pm by bobjimwilly »
They could've at least got someoone to proof read that statement. Only makes a bit of sense if you read it out loud in an italian accent

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 20, 2017, 03:34:29 pm by One_Matty_Lucas »
They could've at least got someoone to proof read that statement. Only makes a bit of sense if you read it out loud in an italian accent

Definite Google Translate job that one.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 20, 2017, 04:09:55 pm by albie »
Ripe for conversion to alternative uses, Orient are at the moment.

As far as potential goes, the site is seen as worth more than the football product.
Cue managed descent, lowered wage bills, declining support......and predation of the remains.

It is a well worn track. Uncle Ken was in a dishonourable tradition that stretches back to Third Lanark in the sixties.
Third Lanark, and how Glasgow's lost football club perished through greed and corruption - Glasgow Live

I hope the fans are getting organised, and not sitting on their arses waiting for a white knight to come along.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 20, 2017, 06:39:59 pm by wilts rover »
Yes they have been for a while albie:

Earlier today, the club published a statement from Chief Executive Alessandro Angelieri that almost defies description.
The only positive to draw from this extraordinary statement is that club owner Francesco Becchetti will apparently now consider "appropriate offers" to buy the club, and that Angelieri thinks (though only thinks) "that within common sense, Mr Becchetti will continue to fund the club".

http://www.leytonorientfanstrust.com/story.asp?storyChosen=424

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 20, 2017, 08:36:38 pm by silent majority »
Ripe for conversion to alternative uses, Orient are at the moment.

As far as potential goes, the site is seen as worth more than the football product.
Cue managed descent, lowered wage bills, declining support......and predation of the remains.

It is a well worn track. Uncle Ken was in a dishonourable tradition that stretches back to Third Lanark in the sixties.
Third Lanark, and how Glasgow's lost football club perished through greed and corruption - Glasgow Live

I hope the fans are getting organised, and not sitting on their arses waiting for a white knight to come along.

Yes I wouldn't worry too much about their fans being organised, I know several of them who have been involved with the FSF and SD and they certainly know what they're doing.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 20, 2017, 08:59:26 pm by BobG »
It never ends does it? How may clubs have to be raped before the FA, the FL and that bloody shower in the PL will take their responsibilities seriously? They've had 27 years since First Charlton, and countless clubs since, for goodness sake.  They should be ashamed of themselves.

Just imagine for a second that the PL money tree starts to dry up. That would be catastrophic in many cases. What price then land values versus football values? Despite Sky's nauseating hyperbole, the commitment of the general population to footy seems to have started to wane. The unpleasant future is not impossible.

Good luck Orient.

BobG
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 10:56:41 pm by BobG »

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 20, 2017, 10:41:59 pm by RoversAlias »
The more I read about this situation at Orient, the more it sounds similar to Richardson & Weaver, as if they're the Italian equivalents. Apparently several senior players are up for sale, including the lad who scored that cracking free kick at the Keepmoat the other month, and Bechetti wants to bring all the youth teamers in instead.

It's no wonder bookies want to stop taking bets on them to go down.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 10, 2017, 11:25:30 pm by albie »
The comparison with Uncle Ken gets more and more relevant;
Leyton Orient facing the full fury of a spiteful owner scorned | Football | The Guardian

Tonights opponents Newport may have a get out of jail card here.

Orient being deliberately steered towards the rocks, with unsupportable debts loaded onto the football club, with that money owed to the holding company controlled by the absentee owner.

At the same time, Notts County are under threat from financial claims from the previous owner.

Football used to be about performances on the field...not any more, not really!

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 10, 2017, 11:32:38 pm by not on facebook »
To make matters worse the 'London Stadium', now hosting West Ham, was actually closer to the Orient than it was to Upton Park. With extra capacity and cheap season tickets it will undoubtedly erode the fan base at LE.

One thing that I can't quite grasp on the London stadium situation which I need help on please.

If orient had got the London stadium as a new ground how would it have helped them?

Is it purely down to same deal as west ham at London stadium of getting it on the cheap?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 11, 2017, 12:48:51 pm by silent majority »

One thing that I can't quite grasp on the London stadium situation which I need help on please.

If orient had got the London stadium as a new ground how would it have helped them?

Is it purely down to same deal as west ham at London stadium of getting it on the cheap?

I didn't say they would, or should, have got the London Stadium. I said that they were closer, therefore because of the need to fill the stadium West Ham reduced prices and would erode the fan base at LE.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 11, 2017, 02:40:44 pm by not on facebook »

I didn't say they would, or should, have got the London Stadium. I said that they were closer, therefore because of the need to fill the stadium West Ham reduced prices and would erode the fan base at LE.

Learn to read correctly fella

I was asking if orient had got the London stadium as their new ground how would it have helped them? As there is no way they would have even been able to double their fan base if they was giving match tickets away.

Or was it more the fact that they did not want west ham or Tottenham plotting up on their doorstep.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 11, 2017, 05:50:16 pm by silent majority »

Learn to read correctly fella

I was asking if orient had got the London stadium as their new ground how would it have helped them? As there is no way they would have even been able to double their fan base if they was giving match tickets away.

Or was it more the fact that they did not want west ham or Tottenham plotting up on their doorstep.

Learn to write correctly fella and you may just get a decent answer.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012