Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:10:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: "Alternative Facts"  (Read 4296 times)

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
"Alternative Facts"
« on January 22, 2017, 08:05:58 pm by MachoMadness »
The latest term being used by Trump's team, to describe his lies about his inauguration attendance. We're now being openly told by the highest office in the land to not believe in reality, but to instead believe in whatever they say.

This is obviously laughable but there is a certain Orwellian nature to the phrase which I find deeply troubling. The POTUS uses his first weekend in office to openly question reality that was broadcast to every nation on Earth. He told lies, that were relegated to falsehoods, which are now being rebranded as alternative facts.

I've been trying to be reasonable and think that Trump wouldn't be so bad because he could be muzzled and controlled by the GOP but having seen him spend a weekend lashing out, even holding a press conference specifically to brag about how he drew the largest crowd in history, I'm not so sure. If this is the reaction to something ultimately meaningless, you have to wonder what he'll do when he faces a real problem.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
Re: "Alternative Facts"
« Reply #1 on January 22, 2017, 11:08:40 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
The man is just one whole kneejerk.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 22, 2017, 11:27:14 pm by RobTheRover »
You used the word knee where one wasn't required there Glyn. Donald will rule with playground politics. Name calling and petty squabbles as a diversion to whatever he is really up to. He's now blaming the media for his own tweets. Unbelievable

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 22, 2017, 11:40:06 pm by BobG »
But he is a downright scary kneejerk. George Soros just the other day said he is a would be dictator. He doesn't care who he upsets: he's announced war with the press; he is at war with the security services; he has kickstarted the engine of war with China; he has announced to the world that he's going for protectionist policies which are going to cause at least figurative minor wars all over the planet and will hurt everybody, especially us, very badly indeed. He is exccedngly thin skinned. He can't abide criticism. He believes what he says is truth. He is utterly self delusional.

Ask yourself, just what is there about the bloke not to be scared of? This looks like it's going to be the most dangerous 4 years I have ever lived - and I was alive during the Cuban crisis and some of the Cold War crises.

And then add in the entirely maverick factor of Trump and Putin. God knows just what's going to happen there. But whatever it is, Putin will come out ahead. Love him or loath him, the guy is now the dominant figure in world affairs - and he's far too bloody good at it for Trump to have a hope in hell.

And did you notice just how many hostages to fortune Trump dished out yesterday? He must be an idiot. He's promised so much, to so many, so quickly and so unequivocally that he's already boxed himself into way too many corners. And you just know what his reaction is going to be don't you when he gets called for his failure to deliver? He's going to come out swinging.  I wouldn't mind a small bet that at some point in the next 4 years there will be an attempt to amend the constitution of the United States. I don't know when, and I don't know if it will succeed, but it's an obvious tactic for a bloke like him to try when things get tough and he has control of both Houses of Congress.

BobG
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 11:45:01 pm by BobG »

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 23, 2017, 08:02:56 am by Donnywolf »
Aye ... he will be heard and he will have things "his way"

The noticeable thing pointed out by the BBC at the Inauguration was the massive difference in the Crowd numbers against previous ones but I along with most will have seen the vast empty white protective covers and drew the inevitable conclusion

Trump however got his Team to gainsay that idea and say was and the BBC and others were wrong and has said (to give himself credibility) that watching Live Worldwide there were more watching him than Obama a point that cant be proven nor disproven. Have they got nothing better to do ? He is supposed to be getting the US back to being first

Oh yes - I forgot - he said in his Speech we have taken back the Power from Washington and given it to you the people and then went in to sign a paper to dismantle Obamacare something a lot of those People who had just had power delivered back to them might have wanted to keep

I am with Macho - it wont be long till Orwells 1984 comes true and Newspapers and History Books are rewritten to make Trump look right all along !
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 08:10:29 am by Donnywolf »

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 23, 2017, 08:12:22 am by GazLaz »
Build that wall.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 23, 2017, 08:16:31 am by Donnywolf »
Hopefully - BobG - I hope your very last sentence may be our "salvation" in that the Power of Washington may still prevail over this mans well documented "faults" and that they veto him at strategic points by which I mean doing anything TOO extreme

I too feel he is a clear and present danger and those people he has just given (mythical) power back to are where in all this ?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 23, 2017, 08:17:31 am by Donnywolf »
Build that wall.

They ought to make Trump build the section that runs right in the middle of the Rio Grande see if he can walk on water as well !

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 23, 2017, 12:04:28 pm by rtid88 »
I am with Macho - it wont be long till Orwells 1984 comes true and Newspapers and History Books are rewritten to make Trump look right all along !

This has happened throughout history, we are only ever led to believe exactly what the governments what us to know and think. This will only get worse for us over the next 4 years with Trump and who knows how long from the backlash of Brexit.

ballysbackin

« Reply #9 on January 23, 2017, 12:16:39 pm by ballysbackin »
I look after my own four walls these days and those close to me, I live in County Ball and my rules apply. I am 66 yrs old and have done more than my share as you all have for others and also many lost causes. Time just to look after my things, accept the sh*t I am in and also what I have created myself. I am no Donald Trump nor do I like anything about him, but I am getting more selfish. Lots have had their pound of flesh out of me, just like you all. Yes he is dangerous and a loud mouth but perhaps the majority of Yanks also feel the same after Vietnam. Korea, Iraq, Afghanistan etc... I do not think as a world power it will ever work, but fortunately for me, my mistakes do not suffer as far reaching world problems as his will.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 23, 2017, 02:27:58 pm by MachoMadness »
We're already seeing threats to chuck out the press corps or to ban news outlets who are critical of him, and extreme nepotism with his close family being appointed into high government positions, and he's effectively refusing to hand over control of his businesses by ensuring they remain in the family (ie not a blind trust). He's openly bragged about missile parades and wanting to expand the nuclear arsenal. There's the temper tantrums, going out of his way to beat his chest and brag about provable lies with that press conference that was specificaly about reiterating a lie.

If you didn't know any better you'd think I was talking about North Korea there. We're already in dictator territory here, right down to the dodgy haircut.

ballysbackin

« Reply #11 on January 23, 2017, 05:21:58 pm by ballysbackin »
Wait until someone posts the near nude and provocative and very enjoyable pictures of the first lady - she is a cracker - Then I wonder what bomb will go off  :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 23, 2017, 06:43:23 pm by Nudga »
I can see a potential story of multiple DNA samples on her dress. ✊✊💦💦💦💦💦👗

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 23, 2017, 07:09:38 pm by Donnywolf »

If you didn't know any better you'd think I was talking about North Korea there. We're already in dictator territory here, right down to the dodgy haircut ****

**** I am sorry and I realise I am just a sad individual but I cant look at Trump without thinking of Punxsutawney Phil from Groundhog Day as I imagine his hair and "it" are one and the same thing

Did not realise till I looked at Phils Website to get the right spelling that his prediction record *^ (i.e. being right) is a mere 39% so him and Trump probably have more in common than we thought !

*^ Yes he does this Annually - its not just made up for a Film

ballysbackin

« Reply #14 on January 23, 2017, 09:23:28 pm by ballysbackin »
I do not think any man could only do it once, But we are probably thinking of different things. I have my preference ...She IS fit

ballysbackin

« Reply #15 on January 23, 2017, 09:25:55 pm by ballysbackin »
On saying that. If he does not like me. So what.. That dress would be worth splashing out on tho.  :aok: :aok: :aok: :aok: :aok:

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 23, 2017, 09:32:48 pm by drfchound »
I am wondering how many of the people who voted for Trump are going to suffer by the abolition of Obama care.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 23, 2017, 09:56:25 pm by wilts rover »
#alternativefacts

Following the election California has put forward a proposal for a ballot to seceed from the Union.

What do you mean thats true! #Caliexit
http://www.yescalifornia.org/

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 23, 2017, 09:56:56 pm by BobG »
Bit like those who are most likely to suffer from Brexit Hound :)

Here! Have you noticed? All that speech after speech after speech after diatribe that Cameron and his horrible Chancellor kept banging on about - the need to cut the deficit - what happened? Has somebody paid it off without telling us?

Come back BST. The removal of the deficit from the political landscape has proved Billy's argument about the debt good and proper.

BobG

« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 09:58:59 pm by BobG »

ballysbackin

« Reply #19 on January 24, 2017, 09:59:51 am by ballysbackin »
The problem - and it is a problem only to those who see it that way regarding Brexit which today the Supreme has stated that The Government in total must decide the where and when etc. (And a waste of public money too) is irrelevant because everybody was given the choice - In or Out, plus the trimmings, now what if the Government say today "To Hell with it we are not going to take this stupidity any further, we are scrapping Brexit, we are scrapping the decision of the people and we will keep the money people happy. We will surrender to the Courts and the Politicians in Europe who for 40 years have pasted us. Then What.

Similarly in the States - everybody was given the opportunity to vote and now they do not like him or his politics, he did make it clear what he would do. Obamacare well I do not know anything about it to cannot comment. Will he be popular? He cares not.. Will he cause a World War? Not in my opinion, One thing is certain in both cases.. WE WERE GIVEN THE CHOICE.........

In games there are winners and losers mainly sometimes a draw but in Politics there are no draws. We have to live with it....Plus the trimmings

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 24, 2017, 10:41:10 am by drfchound »
I am wondering how many of the people who voted for Trump are going to suffer by the abolition of Obama care.

I only asked the above question because i reckon that there will be people who voted for Trump who  will suffer as a result of Trump banning Obama care.
Will they regret having voted the way they did?

I asked because i know of quite a few people in my circle of friends and customers who are regretting voted to leave the EU.

ballysbackin

« Reply #21 on January 24, 2017, 04:26:52 pm by ballysbackin »
Well they will be ok Hound because now there are questions of a second ballot.... Do you know ALL THE PRICES THAT HAVE GONE UP WILL GO DOWN, THE POUND WILL GET STRONGER AND ELVIS WILL RE-APPEAR. FK ME O'RILEY.. They all knew what they were doing

ballysbackin

« Reply #22 on January 24, 2017, 04:41:02 pm by ballysbackin »
More Doom and Gloom that affects your family Hound -  HSBC at Thorne closing.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 24, 2017, 04:50:38 pm by drfchound »
There is no doom and gloom at my house mate, but, the person you are referring to was thinking of retiring (as i understand it) so she may now have a redundancy package as well.

ballysbackin

« Reply #24 on January 24, 2017, 06:30:58 pm by ballysbackin »
Did not mean at yours, but yes you are correct to whom I am referring, I was asking her about 4 or 5 weeks ago what she was thinking about work, all I got was that she was fed up, we actually discussed it closing and at that time there was no suggestion. Old man will be happy - more money...

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 24, 2017, 07:02:44 pm by drfchound »
He has got plenty.......

ballysbackin

« Reply #26 on January 24, 2017, 07:33:07 pm by ballysbackin »
oooooooooooooooooooooohhhhh naughty  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on January 25, 2017, 09:34:25 pm by BobG »
You might find this quite entertaining. It's a message - from the Netherlands.

https://youtu.be/j-xxis7hDOE

BobG

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on January 25, 2017, 09:46:07 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Saw that one Bob - loved it!

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on January 25, 2017, 10:15:45 pm by BobG »
I thought you might like it Brian :) It tickled me.

Bob

TinyPortal © 2005-2012