Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:03:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The Ref  (Read 8790 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
The Ref
« on February 04, 2017, 05:24:11 pm by Filo »
Their 12th man. Today, let them kick lumps out of us and go unpunished then book Rovers players for nothing, awful reffering!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
Re: The Ref
« Reply #1 on February 04, 2017, 05:27:02 pm by Dare to dream! »
So what? We weren't good enough today, move on.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 04, 2017, 05:31:13 pm by DRNaith »
So Filo's opinion about the ref is irrelevant because the team didn't play well?

Interesting logic.

phil o sophical

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 04, 2017, 05:34:03 pm by phil o sophical »
The lino on the west stand side was no better. How he didn't see the handball by their number 11 is beyond me

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 04, 2017, 05:35:06 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Did not with their blatant time wasting.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 04, 2017, 05:36:57 pm by Chris Black come back »
OP either deliberately or by chance constructed post that sounds like Donald Trump.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 04, 2017, 05:37:31 pm by Copps is Magic »
Ref got most things right, I thought. Very combative game, Marquis gave as good as he got.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 04, 2017, 05:37:41 pm by Filo »
The lino on the west stand side was no better. How he didn't see the handball by their number 11 is beyond me

Or the kick out at Marquis right under his nose

ballysbackin

« Reply #8 on February 04, 2017, 05:38:20 pm by ballysbackin »
Blatant time wasting from word GO, keeper warned after three miutes. Officials utter trash. They came to stop Donny playing and interestingly when two of their players collided in attempting to flatten Marquis, he got pulled by the ref and warned.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 04, 2017, 05:39:08 pm by glosterred »
Blatant time wasting, they were wasting time in the warm up

COYR

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 04, 2017, 05:40:27 pm by Copps is Magic »
What are you lot expecting at this point? Every team bar Portsmouth has done it to us this season.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 04, 2017, 05:40:52 pm by dickos1 »
I don't often criticise officials but today they were terrible. Probably worst I've seen.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 04, 2017, 05:49:10 pm by roversontheup »
I thought the ref was poor and I would love to know if the Lino on the East stand side has ever heard of the offside rule!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 04, 2017, 05:52:53 pm by drfchound »
The east Lino must have seen the (two hands ) handball by number 11 and the petulant kick on Marquis.
The offsides were poor but what about that long ball in the first half that curled out of play and back in agiain?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 04, 2017, 05:54:42 pm by Filo »
The east Lino must have seen the (two hands ) handball by number 11 and the petulant kick on Marquis.
The offsides were poor but what about that long ball in the first half that curled out of play and back in agiain?

If the East stand lino saw it, it makes the West stand lino look really bad seeing as it was right under his nose

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 04, 2017, 05:55:33 pm by mushRTID »
Apart from allowing blatent time wasting, missing a blatent penalty and missing a blatent kick out at Marquis, he did alright I suppose

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 04, 2017, 05:56:41 pm by drfchound »

If the East stand lino saw it, it makes the West stand lino look really bad seeing as it was right under his nose

Lol, of course, my compass was broken today Filo.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 04, 2017, 05:59:17 pm by Copps is Magic »
Too easy to moan about the ref when your teams put in a below par performance. Did he ref have a bearing on the result? No. That's all that concerns me.

No one will mention the corner we got that clearly wasn't in the SW corner.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 04, 2017, 06:00:59 pm by drfchound »
I saw it Copps and mentioned it at the time, the linesman got that wrong too.

phil o sophical

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 04, 2017, 06:01:25 pm by phil o sophical »

Lol, of course, my compass was broken today Filo.

He wasn't even looking at the ball . Had his back to it running towards the corner flag

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 04, 2017, 06:02:15 pm by mushRTID »
Too easy to moan about the ref when your teams put in a below par performance. Did he ref have a bearing on the result? No. That's all that concerns me.

Forgot that, another one they got wrong.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 04, 2017, 06:03:45 pm by RoversAlias »

The two are not mutually exclusive though. The ref and his linesman were rubbish today, really poor throughout for so many reasons. No it didn't affect the result but it's still worth pointing out.

I don't even think we played badly today, just didn't get going in the first half. After the break we did everything but score a 2nd goal, were quite unlucky and up against a Morecambe team that defended very, very well.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 04, 2017, 06:07:16 pm by drfchound »
We weren't at our imperious best but we were far from bad too.
Morecambe were penned in for most of the second half but defended well enough to stop us creating clear chances.
The number 11 was their Marquis.
Great finish for our goal and JM almost got the winner with that twenty yarder that just missed the top corner.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on February 04, 2017, 06:09:09 pm by dickos1 »
If we'd have won 2-1 the officials will still have been terrible.
Their manager even told the lad who kicked marquis to calm down,
When our players complained about their goalie time wasting, the ref pointed to our goalie as if to suggest our goalie was also timewasting.
Which tells you everything you need to know

ballysbackin

« Reply #24 on February 04, 2017, 06:16:24 pm by ballysbackin »
Yes Hound...bas**rd Kevin Ellison came to haunt us again, you see him in a team and the rest are as bad. A good player in his time with Chester in particular... Just so glad he did not score, but there again on officials. kicking ball away and continue to run with the ball and shhoot well after the whistle and get no punishment, hardly makes it a fair competition, as I saw first Donny booking the player turned to run, for the ball I may add then two or three paces later ran into Rovers player who got booked, I may add yous after they had clogged us down field. Oh I do miss those days, playing soccer with rugby boots of..

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on February 04, 2017, 06:19:27 pm by roversdude »
Bally how he stopped on pitch amazes me
Had numerous kick outs at our players mardy  tw*t

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on February 04, 2017, 07:40:21 pm by ravenrover »
Apart from allowing blatent time wasting, missing a blatent penalty and missing a blatent kick out at Marquis, he did alright I suppose
Have to agree with all above, we weren't at our best but the ref didn't affect he result. Yrs we all saw yhekick on Marquis but no one has mentoned Marquis elbow just before the kick, 6 of one half a dozen of the other.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on February 04, 2017, 07:45:06 pm by Lesonthewest »
Didn't think we played too badly but defensively we looked unusually suspect at the back first half, they had a game plan & did it well, first half playing high up the pitch stopping us playing out from the back. Second half they packed the defence & we couldn't really get a head of steam up, when we did they defended well.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on February 04, 2017, 08:03:35 pm by The Red Baron »

I wouldn't say he cost us a win but he didn't help. Missed numerous fouls, particularly one on Marquis from which they broke dangerously.

Although that Muppet with the flag on the West Stand side was something else. How did he miss that blatant handball and the kick out at Marquis?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on February 04, 2017, 08:13:51 pm by Donnywolf »

Although that Muppet with the flag on the West Stand side was something else. How did he miss that blatant handball and the kick out at Marquis?

He probably did not miss them but was doing the same as those Muppets behind the goal in Euro games - nothing constructive

TinyPortal © 2005-2012