Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:57:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Morecambe  (Read 8049 times)

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
Re: Morecambe
« Reply #30 on February 03, 2017, 12:33:01 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Noticed today that a player can't play for 3 clubs in same season - now includes conference

I think if Morecambe did fold (again really really hope not) then all their matches this season would be null and void, so none of their players would have played a match for Morecambe this season.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on February 03, 2017, 12:51:22 pm by anton123 »
If we beat them we could have 6 point deduction

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on February 03, 2017, 12:55:26 pm by ravenrover »
Dont the pfa or fa or fl step in to try and get their fixtures fulfilled by paying players? Just something in the back of my brain from years back, probably totally wrong

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on February 03, 2017, 01:12:58 pm by silent majority »
Dont the pfa or fa or fl step in to try and get their fixtures fulfilled by paying players? Just something in the back of my brain from years back, probably totally wrong

Yes they will. I would expect the PFA to cover wages, and the EFL will be talking to Morecombe as a club. I would suggest the dialogue has been on-going for quite a while.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on February 03, 2017, 01:22:13 pm by IDM »
I think them folding so quickly is a bit far fetched?  They are not even in administration..

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on February 03, 2017, 02:07:43 pm by the vicar »
It into quick it all. Is there happened earlier in the season i am sure

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on February 03, 2017, 02:37:04 pm by drfchound »
IF Morecambe were unable to complete their fixtures we would lose three points, but so would Exeter, Wycombe and Luton.
Carlisle would lose four points.
So, we would be no worse off against any of those and indeed, Carlisle would go a point further away from us.
However, Morecambe beat both Portsmouth and Plymouth so those two would come three points closer to us in a revised table.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on February 03, 2017, 05:51:29 pm by albie »
At least it looks like they trained today. They have been locked out of some of the facilities;
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38855351

Not a good situation, seems very convoluted.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 05:54:04 pm by albie »

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on February 03, 2017, 07:14:56 pm by silent majority »
I think them folding so quickly is a bit far fetched?  They are not even in administration..

I don't think its that simple. The supporters are currently setting up a supporters trust (always the wrong time to do it when the horse has virtually bolted) and they have mentioned that they have signed a NDA with the administrators of PMG Leisure.

The owner of Morecambe, Diego Lemos, appeared to transfer ownership to PMG Leisure who he then put into administration. I think its as clear as mud at the moment.

ballysbackin

« Reply #39 on February 03, 2017, 10:39:13 pm by ballysbackin »
I hope for the fans, the players, other staff and all families that this is resolved and at the end of the season they can move on...Then regroup and come back stronger.. Aldershot. Accrington , Darlington and some others went out but are trying their best. ie Southport, Wrexham, Barrow, Bradford P.A. STILL IN THE MIX.... Scarborough not so fortunate,, then in around 1998 there was Doncaster Rovers, so it can be done.. Good Luck to all those clubs and their respective fans.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on February 04, 2017, 01:56:08 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Not paid the wages again;
Morecambe: League Two side fail to pay players and staff on time - BBC Sport

It looks like they are in disarray off the field......dangerous eh!
In romanian league this is something normal...some players are not paid 5-6 months

I can't believe nobody has commented on this six months without pay am i right in thinking in England if that happened that the player would be free to leave?. Who is the team in Romania most likely to start doing well in European competitions?. Are there any sides that have climbed from the bottom leagues and are maybe capable of playing in Europe, Devil?.

ballysbackin

« Reply #41 on February 04, 2017, 09:33:30 am by ballysbackin »
I have just read this.  A very good read and Morcambe are not the first but here is a story about the players and who was blamed by the club involved

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38750475

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on February 04, 2017, 09:50:53 am by idler »
A good read and nice to see it from the other side.
When Geoffrey Richmond left Bradford City in disarray the last piece in the jigsaw was when Ashley Ward agreed to accept 10p in the pound on his contract. £65,000 instead of £650,000. Luckily he was married to a millionairess.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on February 04, 2017, 09:57:25 am by Donnywolf »
Hope this is not the dreaded "banana skin" - similar to Scunny on Boxing Day where we as Fans turned up and just "expected" a routine win !

Sure the Manager will have the Players fired up though and the Players will not fall into the trap because if MFC are in danger of folding those Players are maybe demoralised but will realise they are individually in the "shop window" and doubtless there will be Reps from many Clubs "circling like Vultures" just in case

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on February 04, 2017, 10:03:05 am by silent majority »
I have just read this.  A very good read and Morcambe are not the first but here is a story about the players and who was blamed by the club involved

Unlike the players at Portsmouth who refused to take wage cuts or cancel contracts when that club hit problems. The supporters trust had to factor that in when they took the club over.

ballysbackin

« Reply #45 on February 04, 2017, 10:05:34 am by ballysbackin »
Under Employment Law, they cannot just fold, they are duty bound (That is the FA) to keep these players in a job.. Contracts can be sorted at the end of the season but the FA are duty bound to step in and pay wages. Yes the creditors have to get their money first if the worst was to come but hopefully they are a long way off in that respect. Then we have the problem of "Is there too many teams playing Professional football in the area, there are not enough fans that is for sure, we in Yorkshire also have the same question.. Sovereignty matters not one jot in a town, Not too long ago people argued that no town (ie Doncaster as it was the town in question) should be without a football league team. Swansea and Chester were both made City's Both Clubs changed their names to City - Swansea nearly went but Crewe did, the fan base in Swansea being far greater than Crewe who can go to any one of many Premier league teams nearby. Southport did not get City status but fell through the door.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on February 04, 2017, 03:08:31 pm by German Rover »

Unlike the players at Portsmouth who refused to take wage cuts or cancel contracts when that club hit problems. The supporters trust had to factor that in when they took the club over.

But why should they? They had been offered silly money and were well within their rights to ask for their money they were contractually owed. The system is broken with this sort of thing because the millionaires get every penny they're owed, and it's the local businesses who lose out.  Phil mac giollas book on the fall of rangers is a damning indictment of the game and illustrates this well

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on February 04, 2017, 04:59:42 pm by GazLaz »
We are 2/5. That's a bad price against a good away side. I'll be on the draw.

Weighed in, weighed in.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on February 04, 2017, 05:08:48 pm by IDM »
I have much less sympathy for their players after that match today.. the weak ref let them get away with all sorts..

Susan Abbott

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on February 04, 2017, 06:32:26 pm by Susan Abbott »
There manager has said the preparation has been the worst for any match he can remember..They haven't played for over 2 weeks,havent trained on grass and have been locked out of the 3d grass training pitch...They haven't been payed,nobody knows who owns the club at the minute..The guy who took over hasn't been seen or heard off since October..Quite unbelievable really....Being Rovers....Away win...haha
Sounds like proper banana skin for us if we don't do a professional job . You can't beat a bit of frustration to get the best out of players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What did I say , it never fails when your on top form and favourites to get a hat full and you play a team struggling to score, together you get a a crowed full of expectation you shoot yourself in the foot . Too many players strolling around today and not rolling the sleeves up and doing what everyone expected of them and stuff this shower 

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on February 04, 2017, 06:37:22 pm by Donnywolf »
There manager has said the preparation has been the worst for any match he can remember..They haven't played for over 2 weeks,havent trained on grass and have been locked out of the 3d grass training pitch...They haven't been payed,nobody knows who owns the club at the minute..The guy who took over hasn't been seen or heard off since October..Quite unbelievable really....Being Rovers....Away win...haha
Sounds like proper banana skin for us if we don't do a professional job . You can't beat a bit of frustration to get the best out of players.

What did I say , it never fails when your on top form and favourites to get a hat full and you play a team struggling to score, together you get a a crowed full of expectation you shoot yourself in the foot . Too many players strolling around today and not rolling the sleeves up and doing what everyone expected of them and stuff this shower 

Yes see Reply #43 ! I claim no satisfaction from that though. At last Fortress Keepmoat intact !

Mac the hooped man

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on February 04, 2017, 06:58:33 pm by Mac the hooped man »

Complacency is what fergie warned about in the week.  If we lower our standards against anyone, this is what can happen.

Sent from my sofa, using a long piece of string and a foam cup.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012