Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:02:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The GOALS today  (Read 4907 times)

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
Re: The GOALS today
« Reply #30 on February 05, 2017, 12:41:39 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Yes, I agree with you there RB, natural successor.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on February 05, 2017, 12:51:29 pm by GazLaz »
I think Marquis prefers Mandeville alongside him than Williams.

I disagree. Williams shares the work load so he doesn't have to do it all. No coincidence that JM can't stop scoring since Williams came back from injury.

ballysbackin

« Reply #32 on February 05, 2017, 03:36:40 pm by ballysbackin »
Confidence lacking, he scored plenty before injury, seems to be used more as a supplier these days and picks up any scraps..Marquis is a total different player, similar is Mandeville but Marquis is older and currently has more about him..I think he will stay for a good while, an earlier post suggesting that Donny fans should get off William's back, I agree but Etheridge is not on the field to take the flack is he..?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on February 05, 2017, 04:34:24 pm by Campsall rover »
Yes it seems some have to have a moan at someone. WHY?
We have more points than anyone else and we have scored more goals than anyone else. What more do some people want?

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on February 05, 2017, 04:38:52 pm by knockers »
The moon on a stick

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on February 05, 2017, 04:54:16 pm by Nudga »
Why is it seen that having an opinion on a player on here means that that person abuses the player from the stands?

I certainly don't and never have, I simply have an opinion about Williams that differs from some of you. Is that so bad?.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on February 05, 2017, 04:56:34 pm by Copps is Magic »
People can't understand the distinction between abuse and criticism. We live in a knee-jerk, reactionary, retweet, fake outrage era.

I can't believe people are bring up the scapegoat thing. Scapegoat for what exactly? We're top of the league! It makes no sense.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on February 05, 2017, 07:23:26 pm by RoversAlias »
Marquis and Williams have a good partnership up front, I think that is evident. It developed in the early months then leading up to Williams' injury versus Barnet it had become a solid understanding. They work well together, it's just that the goals are going in for Marquis at the moment but not for Williams.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on February 05, 2017, 08:22:48 pm by drfchound »
 :that:

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on February 06, 2017, 11:50:48 am by Jenny »
Ellison's axe is the play offs in the Conference when at Chester

No its not - he didn't even play for Chester then!

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on February 06, 2017, 02:20:52 pm by keith79 »
Turned his back on him. Hahaha

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on February 10, 2017, 01:49:43 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I have a feeling that Williams will start scoring and Marquis might not get as many as the season carries on. They are a good partnership both contribute more than goals but Williams does need a few for his confidence.
Mandeville has a challenge can he replicate the form he was in before his lay-off?. If we want to win the league we will need all three on form.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on February 10, 2017, 07:54:04 am by drfchound »
Mandeville is out again with an ankle injury.
He will probably need a few games to get back to where he was.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on February 10, 2017, 10:28:00 am by NickDRFC »
I have a feeling that Williams will start scoring and Marquis might not get as many as the season carries on. They are a good partnership both contribute more than goals but Williams does need a few for his confidence.
Mandeville has a challenge can he replicate the form he was in before his lay-off?. If we want to win the league we will need all three on form.

Disagree entirely, if Marquis maintains his recent form all season we will probably win the league even if Williams doesn't find his shooting boots and Mandeville doesn't play again. 2 out of 3 on form and we will romp it.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on February 14, 2017, 03:04:07 am by Sammy Chung was King »

Disagree entirely, if Marquis maintains his recent form all season we will probably win the league even if Williams doesn't find his shooting boots and Mandeville doesn't play again. 2 out of 3 on form and we will romp it.

Who knows you could be right and me wrong i think earlier in the season we were really fortunate that two of the three were banging goals in. I just think Williams time is very near once one goes in he will get a few on the bounce.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012