Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:02:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: See what I mean  (Read 3191 times)

deebee

• Forum Member
See what I mean
« on February 08, 2017, 06:34:15 pm by deebee »
About getting it right so we don't look like idiots.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DoncasterRovers/

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re: See what I mean
« Reply #1 on February 08, 2017, 06:37:16 pm by silent majority »
About getting it right so we don't look like idiots.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DoncasterRovers/

You'll have to explain that one to me, can't see what you're referring to.

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 08, 2017, 07:08:01 pm by deebee »
Scroll down to read this

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 08, 2017, 07:15:29 pm by not on facebook »
Tut tut bloody tut

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 08, 2017, 08:41:15 pm by silent majority »
Not perfect, but in the grand scheme of things should we be getting all upset?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 08, 2017, 08:43:39 pm by Dagenham Rover »
SM that one really is pretty damn basic.
Yes things are going the right way but that really is indefensible

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 08, 2017, 11:06:25 pm by silent majority »
John, it's a mistake, I get that. What I don't understand is why it's so important that we have to keep pointing out spelling or grammatical errors. And then to say it's embarrassing or making us look like idiots. Really?

darren61

« Reply #7 on February 09, 2017, 06:58:05 am by darren61 »
John, it's a mistake, I get that. What I don't understand is why it's so important that we have to keep pointing out spelling or grammatical errors. And then to say it's embarrassing or making us look like idiots. Really?

Very good point SM, and possibly the reason why some people dont post comments on this site. the grammar and spelling police are always happy to jump
    on post and ridicule it.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 09, 2017, 07:54:22 am by Dagenham Rover »

Yes its a mistake, however that particular one is not grammatical or spelling, it should never have happened, if it was the BBC site there would be threads all over place "BBC never knowingly right " etc etc

The odd spelling mistake etc happens even after proof reading  but Marquis up for Manager of the Month!

I'm not saying we criticise spelling etc although it shouldn't really happen but sorry SM that one should never have happened

Yes we are going in the right direction no ones disputing that, tell you what lets not bother criticising gaffs like that one and just become complacent and sit on or laurels  and see how long......................................

« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 08:20:11 am by Dagenham Rover »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 09, 2017, 09:15:35 am by Filo »

Yes its a mistake, however that particular one is not grammatical or spelling, it should never have happened, if it was the BBC site there would be threads all over place "BBC never knowingly right " etc etc

The odd spelling mistake etc happens even after proof reading  but Marquis up for Manager of the Month!

I'm not saying we criticise spelling etc although it shouldn't really happen but sorry SM that one should never have happened

Yes we are going in the right direction no ones disputing that, tell you what lets not bother criticising gaffs like that one and just become complacent and sit on or laurels  and see how long......................................

Perhaps it's the same person (who has n't got an axe to grind) picking up on every minor detail that gets under peoples skin, it's like groundhog day with some peoples posts

chrisd_123

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 09, 2017, 09:24:14 am by chrisd_123 »

I'm sorry but have I missed something here? Has the club employee used the official Twitter account for a racist rant about Brexit or have they had a brain fart and used the word manager instead of player in a tweet following using the same word?

We'll have to get Darren Ferguson to make sure that if he's up for Manager of the Month then we don't allow players to get any credit at the same time in case they accidentally tweet the wrong word when publicising both. It's not as if Tweets can't be deleted and changed in an instant.

We really are scraping the barrel to slate the club aren't we?

For what it's worth, if Marquis wants to me manager then I say let him. Let him be Mayor of Donny too. If he's scoring I don't care what role he has!

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 09, 2017, 09:26:07 am by Herman Hessian »
Perhaps it's the same person (who has n't got an axe to grind) picking up on every minor detail that gets under peoples skin, it's like groundhog day with some peoples posts

no space required between "s" and "n" in hasn't

and you might want to check the use of apostrophes with "peoples" - unless you're using it in the context of referring to a collection of disparate ethnic groups from a common area, such as "the peoples of south east asia" or similar

oh, and i don't do capitalisation because i simply cannot be arsed, so leave it...

:lol:

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 09, 2017, 10:05:13 am by NickDRFC »

no space required between "s" and "n" in hasn't

and you might want to check the use of apostrophes with "peoples" - unless you're using it in the context of referring to a collection of disparate ethnic groups from a common area, such as "the peoples of south east asia" or similar

oh, and i don't do capitalisation because i simply cannot be arsed, so leave it...

:lol:

You also seemingly don't do full stops.

:laugh: :woohoo:

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 09, 2017, 10:39:41 am by RoversAlias »
I'm as much a stickler for correct spellings and grammar on these platforms as anyone, but this is hardly a cardinal sin is it? The BBC routinely make much, much worse errors than putting 'Manager' instead of 'Player'.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 10, 2017, 06:52:11 am by RedJ »
Well, they always said Diouf was managing the team behind the scenes... so why not.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 14, 2017, 02:44:43 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Donald Trumps latest tweet had an error in it almost every post on the internet has an error somewhere. People have to be more accepting of different standards of writing some are better than others but as long as you get the point is it really important?.
Some people leave school and have no need in their job to be grammatically correct and the last education they had was at school. Some use the internet to try and improve on it helpful advice is good belittling isn't.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012