Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:47:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Most cringeworthy thing you have seen / heard at Rovers Games (4 Oslo)  (Read 5058 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
2 spring to mind

The Rod Stewart impersonator scored 8 on the Cringe-o-meter but taking the biscuit was Parading the Trophy at Half Time v Hull City - which was a massive 10 out of 10 on the Cringe-o-meter

Were these on the same day ?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
Black bank on Saturday singing dirty southern bas**rd to Morecambe!

German Rover

• Forum Member
For me personally it was John ryan going on as a sub against Hereford.  He didn't need to do it, we already thought the world of him, and still do, but it just felt u nessacery at the time and egotistical now.

Another one was the famous minibus to leigh from scarborough.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
This could well fall into above file

Doncaster rovers v Sunderland pre season friendly at BV 15:00 Saturday.

I was returning back from a 1 weeks holiday with r lass back then from torquay on the train.as soon as train got into donny I jumped
Into a taxi and got into BV just after game kicked off.

Was walking down the steps on main stand terrace where all the lads
allways stood and me mate said to me ' what the fcuk have you got on' pointing to my flip flops .

All the lads take a look and burst out laughing .

Me said mate then got arrested and dragged through the courts for abbusive language towards the Sunderland fans and was found guilty of said offence.

What was more out standing was fact that the SYP 2nd witness was a police officer who was stood right behind the goal keeping a eye on the Sunderland fans  ,so basically with his back to where we was stood on the main stand terrace just in front of the snack bar was.

It was impossible for said bobby to have heard my mate say to me " what the fcuk have you got on"  and fact that he could have seen said action was more than questionable

But still me mate was found guilty

So I guess that " what the fcuk have you got on" was my most cringe
worthy

not on facebook

• Forum Member
For me personally it was John ryan going on as a sub against Hereford.  He didn't need to do it, we already thought the world of him, and still do, but it just felt u nessacery at the time and egotistical now.

Another one was the famous minibus to leigh from scarborough.

Could not believe that when JR stood on the half way Lind when hereford had a late corner in that
game while still behind ,that Hereford still had a defender stood next to him man marking JR.

For the record I enjoyed that moment tbh

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
In the main stand at OBV I once heard someone shout "kick it". To a footballer.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
Anyone recall that game against notts forest when somebody from main stand terrace just in front of the seats at OBV gobbed some off to Brian clough ad he was getting back into away dug out during the game.

Brian clough just stood up cleared the wall and went up the terrace and stood alongside said rovers fan with his arms folded .

All the main stand terrace burst out laughing and clough went back to his dug out after a few mins.

To this day I have no idea what the rovers fan shouted out?

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
Parading the Trophy at Half Time v Hull City - which was a massive 10 out of 10 on the Cringe-o-meter

It was before the match, not at half-time. Supposedly the idea was to take it round the entire ground, but they ran out of time before the players came out so only got round the Hull fans and twenty yards or so of the Pop Side.

If ever anyone is to collate a list of Rovers greatest 'hardmen' the two poor Vikettes who got chosen to parade that trophy across the front of 2,000 seething Hull fans deserve a place.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
I will take your word on that as my memory is'nt err .... cant remember what I was going to say !

If it was pre game then presumably the Rod Stewart (not) alike could have been Half Time then ... so both cringy moments on the same day ?

After what he saw as a weak challenge a my mate of mine once bellowed out (at Mansfield) - that was a 50 - 50 ball and you 75 - 35 .... small pause followed by silence followed by gales of laughter

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
John Parr: Out of the darkness.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Fans singing "we're the left side/we're the right side"   :blush:

Excruciating  :blush:

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Fans singing "she's got Chlamydia"   :blush:

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
Re: Most cringeworthy thing you have seen / heard at Rovers Games (4 Oslo)
« Reply #12 on February 10, 2017, 10:16:39 am by NickDRFC »
Not at a game, but that "RTID, RTID...I'm Rovers til I die" song. Can't remember when or why it was recorded but can remember instantly recoiling when I heard it.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
You mean the song about 'Aunty Idy'?

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 10, 2017, 10:26:04 am by NickDRFC »
That's the badger. Any idea what that was all about?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
I think it was written and recorded by a couple of posters on this forum to play pre-match.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 10, 2017, 11:40:56 am by Donnywolf »
Fans singing "we're the left side/we're the right side"   :blush:

:that:

.... and the only slightly "better" Rangers - Celtic - Rangers - Celtic

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
That bloke "Hippo" and his Rovers themed car.

Forget his name but that massive knuckledragging meathead who punched his own Dad at a Rovers match.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 10, 2017, 12:21:14 pm by Filo »
That bloke "Hippo" and his Rovers themed car.

Forget his name but that massive knuckledragging meathead who punched his own Dad at a Rovers match.

I think HIPPO was a two or three season flash in the pan

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
I seem to remember Hippo used to mock and ridicule anyone who wasn't 100% Rovers through and through.

I think his surname was 'Crit'.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
I'm creasing just remembering the RTID song. Amazing.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on February 10, 2017, 01:52:39 pm by IDM »
Thanks for reminding me of that tune.. NOT!!!

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
What about our intellects who at Lincoln started chanting "Scabs" to the home fans, who were completely baffled. To my knowledge and many others Lincolnshire doesn't have a pit.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 10, 2017, 04:50:39 pm by les@donr »
I remember a night game at BV vs Northampton, when their manager Colin Calderwood took his frustration out on the away dug out and nearly kicked the perspex to bits. I remember he got reprimanded by the supporters behind the dug out and from the rest of the Main Stand, shouting"Temper, Temper".
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 06:44:42 pm by les@donr »

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 10, 2017, 04:56:39 pm by DonnyNoel »
To add to my earlier post as another one has come to me... When we first moved to the KM I was sat in the West Stand a few rows from the top. There were a small group of blokes behind me who for a long period of time (maybe even to this day!) believed you could be offside from a goal kick. We were playing one particular side and one of their strikers was constantly 10 yards beyond our last CB for goal kicks so at least 10 times in the game there were rabid offside appeals from these chaps, each with more urgency than the last as they were convinced the lino kept missing it.

swintonrover

• Forum Member
Chanting "you dirty southern bas**rds" against Morecambe last week. Morecambe being 80 miles North-North-West of Donny.

German Rover

• Forum Member
Just remembered this. I'd purged it from my soul.

THE ONE CALL TROPHY!

Hopefully that'll never see the light of day again

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
Man behind me at Newport on friday night kept shouting out " keep it on floor rovers" bloody hell I kept thinking on that pitch

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
What about our intellects who at Lincoln started chanting "Scabs" to the home fans, who were completely baffled. To my knowledge and many others Lincolnshire doesn't have a pit.

Our intellects chanting "Scabs" at any fans gets my vote.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on February 12, 2017, 08:33:59 pm by ravenrover »
The majority were still sperm in their Dads bo!!ocks in 1984

TinyPortal © 2005-2012