Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:21:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rovers faces allways at games over the years.  (Read 24915 times)

bahrain rover

• Forum Member
Re: Rovers faces allways at games over the years.
« Reply #90 on February 13, 2017, 06:57:35 pm by bahrain rover »
Are any of you lot Dan( i think ) Williams ( some how i think you know Oslo) who occasionally drank in the Carps off marble Arch London?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on February 13, 2017, 09:20:07 pm by Nudga »
What about Trevor Frost and Big Pie?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on February 13, 2017, 09:58:59 pm by the vicar »
Archie  from Goldthorpe

Swayo.
they are the lads i used to knock about with Rodge, Cotton, Brian and Dennis Haige. Archie. Winston. Vic  and meeeeee those where the days  Swayo, Swayo and Haigie are both dead now
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 10:03:51 pm by the vicar »

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on February 13, 2017, 10:06:46 pm by Scooter »
Surprised nobody's mentioned Shaun T yet. Then again he's probably spent 80% of the last 15 years on a ban!

Thought I let someone else bring big tets into the fray .one thing for sure is that you could never doubt his commitments to watching rovers . He was everywhere during the conference years when DRFC were at its lowest ebb .

He's my mates cousin. I was stood next to him by chance at Chester away in the conference play offs and the police were overreacting and had us all on camera.

Wasn't he arrested on tv following Leeds in Europe ?

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on February 13, 2017, 10:36:18 pm by not on facebook »
Surprised nobody's mentioned Shaun T yet. Then again he's probably spent 80% of the last 15 years on a ban!

Thought I let someone else bring big tets into the fray .one thing for sure is that you could never doubt his commitments to watching rovers . He was everywhere during the conference years when DRFC were at its lowest ebb .

He's my mates cousin. I was stood next to him by chance at Chester away in the conference play offs and the police were overreacting and had us all on camera.

For that answer fella ask your mate or his cousin in my humble

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on February 13, 2017, 10:41:26 pm by Scooter »

For that answer fella ask your mate or his cousin in my humble

I haven't seen my mate for a while but I have a vague recollection of seeing him on look north or something similar

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on February 13, 2017, 10:47:35 pm by idler »
What about Trevor Frost and Big Pie?
Trevor Frost is my nephew. I think his last game was Scunny at home last season.
He works most week-ends and was enjoying helping his daughter who played for the Belles juniors.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on February 14, 2017, 12:15:35 am by Mike_F »
Had a good drink with ST in the concourse at West Ham away. He was due before the beak shortly after on some charge or other that I won't go into.

Always good for a laugh, that lad.

I used to have a bit of a shit hairdo a good few years back and he started calling me "Sebastian" after the Little Britain character. I trekked all the way to Plymouth on a Tuesday night for a league cup game (lost 2-0 IIRC). Took our lass for the trip and a day in Cornwall on the Wednesday. No sooner had we walked into the ground than I heard a shout of "Yes Prime Minister"! echoing through the concourse.

DN3 Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on February 14, 2017, 07:48:08 am by DN3 Rover »
Dave Barsby is one I see a lot at away games he use to breed dogs I bought a golden retriever of him 8 year back for £550, I now see him a little bit worst for ware at the away games think he likes a drink

DRFC-Hanksie

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on February 14, 2017, 12:07:38 pm by DRFC-Hanksie »
Shaun's dad was sound apart from being a Forest fan ... but I think he got a lifetime ban. Shaun has a bit to live up to yet

He's not on a lifetime ban, keeping his nose clean now. Did see him and his nephew at Newport friday night.

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on February 15, 2017, 08:35:42 am by nice one rovers »
A guy I always see at away games is the bloke with the long sideburns (down to bottom of his neck) glasses, he sometimes wears the double denim combination (jacket & jeans) and at London games he wears a 'Cole Not Dole' pin badge, I guess he was once a proud cole miner,  there's usually a few others with him.
Aye , he's a proper mod/ scooter boy. Those mutton chops are a right statement! I always notice him too.

retford rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on February 15, 2017, 11:53:12 am by retford rover »
Fat Dan started the Retford branch up with me in 1981, in the days i was a shy young man  lol, he was at Carlisle  with me last night with his son Max, they sit just on back  row near press box in west stand, used to live in Misterton, but moved to Lincoln a few years ago, was my best man all those years ago.......

KnottingleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on February 15, 2017, 12:34:45 pm by KnottingleyRover »
Ian Salter from Barnby-Dun has been going home & away for years,also followed England all over the world,a top bloke,also puts on coaches several times a season which run from the Stag Inn,Didn't see him at Carlise last night but usually see "Wobble" think he gets free train travel from working on the railways,always had plenty to drink hence the nickname,Tony Radley also a England regular & red faced George who if you don't see him you will usually hear him......Some top blokes follow the Rovers & long may it continue.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on February 15, 2017, 01:09:22 pm by not on facebook »
Ian Salter from Barnby-Dun has been going home & away for years,also followed England all over the world,a top bloke,also puts on coaches several times a season which run from the Stag Inn,Didn't see him at Carlise last night but usually see "Wobble" think he gets free train travel from working on the railways,always had plenty to drink hence the nickname,Tony Radley also a England regular & red faced George who if you don't see him you will usually hear him......Some top blokes follow the Rovers & long may it continue.

When I was on my England service the likes of salt was allways close by ,likes of radley,megga,bisto,mark Rodgers,liquid Len, jeffcot soon all became part of the same serious drinking squad on England trips all from Doncaster

There is one name there that has left a lasting impression on all of us during are England away days.

BISTO > > > one boring 0-0 game at a freezing Olympic stadium in Helsinki Finland I will never 4get.
It's hardy explain how cold was during that game ,I was struggling for sure as was liquid Len with the coldness and it's not even half time.all the England fans were struggling with the cold.

At half time liquid says 'where the fcuk is bisto' then I notice to the right of us there was something happening within all the England fans ' my guess is that he is bang in the middle of that commotion over there'

After a few mins it turns out all the England fans are pissing them sens laughing ,so me and liquid get up to take a look and I kid you not bisto had de clothed himself stark bollock naked and was hanging
off the fencing like a monkey with all on show.Thing is with bisto is that he is hung like a horse and his old man was flopping about all over the shop playing slap stick comedy with his stomach.

Even the police from Finland did not quite know what to do.what is just as funny is that every time
Bisto did stripp off he allways folded us clothes up and placed in a nice neat pile ,that was his army training we guess.

All the England fans came to us and said ' your mate is at it again  god your mate is great etc etc'

Liquid lost the plot and said ' well if you think he is that great you take the fcuker and look after him'

We got bisto dressed up and decided to leave the ground as it was far too cold,we had to climb out of
the ground and not in for a change ,we fond a local curry house and plotted up there.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on February 15, 2017, 01:19:31 pm by Chris Black come back »
A guy I always see at away games is the bloke with the long sideburns (down to bottom of his neck) glasses, he sometimes wears the double denim combination (jacket & jeans) and at London games he wears a 'Cole Not Dole' pin badge, I guess he was once a proud cole miner,  there's usually a few others with him.
Aye , he's a proper mod/ scooter boy. Those mutton chops are a right statement! I always notice him too.

Maybe not same guy but other bloke I have been seeing for years and years and thinks still goes is double denim bloke who I think was former main stander. Wears a flat cap back to front and always has big hooped gold earring. Beard as well I think. Quite short. Been wearing same get up since 90s at least. Proper long-standing supporter.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 01:29:41 pm by Chris Black come back »

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on February 15, 2017, 01:25:48 pm by Chris Black come back »

Is this bloke really tall and has suedehead grade two all over cut? See him at lots of away games. Probably in his 40s?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on February 15, 2017, 01:27:59 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
.... & red faced George who if you don't see him you will usually hear him......

I suspect that's the bloke I've HEARD at many away game, sat just behind him and his lass? at Yeovil. Short curlyish hair, about 60, great to have at sea in the fog.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on February 15, 2017, 02:03:56 pm by Mike_F »

Maybe not same guy but other bloke I have been seeing for years and years and thinks still goes is double denim bloke who I think was former main stander. Wears a flat cap back to front and always has big hooped gold earring. Beard as well I think. Quite short. Been wearing same get up since 90s at least. Proper long-standing supporter.

I've seen that fella many a time over the years too. He's picked a style he likes and stuck with it!

kennorover

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on February 15, 2017, 02:05:44 pm by kennorover »
Is this bloke really tall and has suedehead grade two all over cut? See him at lots of away games. Probably in his 40s?

Ha, Griff' ll be happy with that! He's a wee bit past his 40's. Legend of a man though, part of my drinking squad!
Good to see Barsby getting a mention earlier as well!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 02:15:09 pm by kennorover »

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on February 15, 2017, 02:12:16 pm by Chris Black come back »

I've seen that fella many a time over the years too. He's picked a style he likes and stuck with it!

Likes to pair up his denim with thick padded plaid check shirt. Reckon I have seen him for three decades now with same gear!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on February 15, 2017, 02:14:42 pm by Chris Black come back »
Could be me but don't see that big lad who hung around with Tisso and the rest during conference years. Was on the C5 documentary back in late 90s as a youth. Carried some timber and had tattoo of Rovers.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on February 15, 2017, 03:12:23 pm by Draytonian III »
I know who you mean about the big lad with the Rovers tattoo,sat next to him for the first 5years at the Keepmoat. He still goes but not as often,got a couple of young lads now. His brother in law goes to nearly every match ,but he's a big of a maggot

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on February 15, 2017, 03:22:57 pm by NickDRFC »
.... & red faced George who if you don't see him you will usually hear him......

I suspect that's the bloke I've HEARD at many away game, sat just behind him and his lass? at Yeovil. Short curlyish hair, about 60, great to have at sea in the fog.

There's one bloke with an astonishingly loud voice who goes with his wife - I've been near him a couple of times at away games but hadn't seen him at a home game until the Crewe game at home. I normally go in the South but was in the East, just in front of the Prem Club. He was across the aisle, a couple of rows in front. One of the greeters for the club was walking past him just as one of the players got an earful (could have been an earful or could have been praise, both delivered at volume 11) and almost fell over. I'd put him at 60 odd as well, short grey hair.

Andy Samuel

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on February 15, 2017, 04:36:34 pm by Andy Samuel »
Nick beech
Fat man
Scrapyard
Alan ginner Edwards
Wardy
Lister
Boring joe
All of the above are long standing rovers lads, think al Edwards is on a longer run than half pint Charle;in terms of not missing a home game.
I haven't seen wardy in years, sure he had a brother who worked in one of the record shops in town? Scrapyard I see occasionally but not at the rovers.
Another one who deserves a mention is big Paul tyres, he's been going years and years. Even back in the old school days of ken avis' bus

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on February 15, 2017, 04:53:41 pm by NickDRFC »
Some absolutely belting nicknames in this thread, they don't make them like that anymore. I have no idea who any of these fellas are, but personal favourites just on account of their name:

Boring Joe
Crackerjack
Junior Jockey
Mega
Pugsy
Two Bob Shame

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on February 15, 2017, 04:55:40 pm by Copps is Magic »
Except for 'fat man', 'fat boy' and variants thereof which have cropped up a few times. That only narrows it down to half the crowd.

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on February 15, 2017, 05:49:33 pm by turnbull for england »
Nick beech
Fat man
Scrapyard
Alan ginner Edwards
Wardy
Lister
Boring joe
All of the above are long standing rovers lads, think al Edwards is on a longer run than half pint Charle;in terms of not missing a home game.
I haven't seen wardy in years, sure he had a brother who worked in one of the record shops in town? Scrapyard I see occasionally but not at the rovers.
Another one who deserves a mention is big Paul tyres, he's been going years and years. Even back in the old school days of ken avis' bus

Appropriatly for this thread, wardys brother ( he did work at tracks records) went by name of Batts. Asked why as his name is Paul- easy, bat and ball -Paul
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 07:15:13 pm by turnbull for england »

SeahamRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #117 on February 15, 2017, 07:23:41 pm by SeahamRover »
Cracking thread! Great read  :thumbsup:

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #118 on February 15, 2017, 08:24:28 pm by Muttley »
Nick beech
Fat man
Scrapyard
Alan ginner Edwards
Wardy
Lister
Boring joe

Appropriatly for this thread, wardys brother ( he did work at tracks records) went by name of Batts. Asked why as his name is Paul- easy, bat and ball -Paul

Bats still goes regularly, Wardy less often these days as he's got a young daughter

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on February 15, 2017, 09:14:17 pm by The Beast »
Does that kid with fluffy sideburns still go? Mervin I think he's called, paralytic after 3 shandys?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012