Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:11:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Have the wheels come off!!!  (Read 8819 times)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Re: Have the wheels come off!!!
« Reply #30 on February 14, 2017, 11:33:22 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I thought we were 2nd best tonight but we also missed a boat load of chances

Not our best by a long way, but could and probably should have done enough to win.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on February 14, 2017, 11:59:01 pm by ScillyRover »
It is surely no coincidence that the first time in 10 matches that we concede more than one goal coincides with missing both of our main centre-backs.

We will be fine.
Both should be ok for Saturday according th DF.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on February 15, 2017, 01:18:19 am by Bessie Red »
I thought we were 2nd best tonight but we also missed a boat load of chances

I wouldnt say we were second best. We created far more chances than them & at least tried to play football. They were nowhere near as good as they were at the keepmoat. Also the ref didn't help, how he didn't give the pen for the trip on Copps I will never know.
From what I saw tonight we will be okay but I reckon Carlisle may struggle to stay in the play off positions.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on February 15, 2017, 01:58:10 am by Sammy Chung was King »
No the wheels haven't come off we've just slipped into a pothole the council forgot to fix properly. We got away with it with Plymouth losing as well for weeks it's been about us and Plymouth accumulating a lot of points tonight was the teams behind us turn for a good night.
It's good it stops complacency slipping in a lot of us on here thought we had it won we should know by now we don't do things easy. I still see us winning the league but it being very tight right to the end. Plymouth aren't going anywhere the new players they brought in have given them a boost they have learned from last season on maybe not strengthening for the run in.

Sarcevic is a cracking free transfer signing it's always been getting the ability out of him not that he hasn't got any. Losing our centre half partnership didn't help nor did Carlisle losing heavily on Saturday. There is always one side you don't do well against they are ours four points purloined from our result satchel can they get results consistently though?. If our centre halves are fit i think we would have won the game it disrupted things throughout the team well done to them for taking advantage of it many teams wouldn't have done.

Susan Abbott

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on February 15, 2017, 07:33:01 am by Susan Abbott »
Not looking good ,we lost our unbeaten run last time to carlise need to get back to our normal winning way's  :(
Rest Williams and give Alfie May a run . Williams was shocking last night and should be embarrassed to pick up his wages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on February 15, 2017, 08:10:19 am by roversdude »
It's the curse I tell ye DF getting MOM lol

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on February 15, 2017, 08:43:36 am by Bezza »
one defeat and some of you having douts , cheer up we will be champions

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on February 15, 2017, 08:43:53 am by the vicar »
All teams have a blip we are just lucky we was so far in front of the chasing pack

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on February 15, 2017, 09:13:16 am by wing commander »
  Nothing to get concerned about..it's just a missed opportunity to stamp our name all over this league...Regardless how unlucky,how well we've played or chances we've created it,thats 2 points out of 9 and it's got other teams interested again when they had accepted we had gone into the distance...
   That said we are still in a great position,relatively injury free and I'm confident we will go on another good run....And it wouldnt be Rovers if we made it to easy..lol

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on February 15, 2017, 10:02:13 am by Campsall rover »
We would have won comfortably last night if we had taken our chances. Missed 3 sitters in first half before they scored.
Marquis 2 of them. Normally he buries them.
Nothing to worry about, missed Butler and Baudry obviously, can cope with one out but the 3 at the back without their experience showed at times.
We were not going to go to the end of the season without losing were we?
Plymouth losing was a shock and they will be more concerned than we are.
Onwards and upwards bring on Luton. :rtid:

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on February 15, 2017, 10:04:21 am by drfchound »
I remember a few people having doubts after we lost at Plymouth.
We then had a couple of iffy performances and struggled to score goals but look what happened after that !

I bet Plymouth fans are thinking they are lucky that we lost last night.

ballysbackin

« Reply #41 on February 15, 2017, 10:46:41 am by ballysbackin »
Not looking good ,we lost our unbeaten run last time to carlise need to get back to our normal winning way's  :(
Rest Williams and give Alfie May a run . Williams was shocking last night and should be embarrassed to pick up his wages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I have waited for someone to get it in.. Williams since his return from injury has been poor, he has missed absolute sitters (Confidence probably but he is a renown goal scorer too?) He was badly injured by the Centre Half of Yeovil off the ball in front of the referee right at the end, the same match Lund was poleaxed and knackered kidney by the Yeovil centre forward in the same game and those two individuals on each occasion gave each other the knuckles of respect ffs. Both players and Donny have suffered since then.
Ferguson has kept faith with Williams, now Mandeville may go down the same route. Right Marquis who although still scoring a few, has been Creator, Provider and had to continue to score all this time, he has been a lone striker IMO and has laid chances on a plate for William since his return.. But it has to stop..Williams has to be rested.  I would like to know also what has happened to Beestin who was signed for his goals at Taddy???.

Yes we lost but it was going all along in the game before they scored of missed chances and even more missed chances. Donny paid the price and although I cannot comment on the goals because my computer is playing silly buggers but if Mason's own goal was a blunder and more unfortunate then that is it. But if it could have been prevented???.

Just a bit more of my rant..  How many bloody more times this season, last season and the season before are we going to herar Rovers shoot but it is saved by the keeper in the centre of the goal. ffs they are bloody big enough goals and keeps wear bright coloured bloody kit so they can be avoided. Been for my ticket this am but only one girl serving.. Someone knows something. 

IRONICALLY In car park one I saw a lovely red car with a private plate, the last number being 1 - RON  the plate was a Scunthorpe United on tour plate and had the iron cresty on it, I did not know we were on that good terms albeit the plans for their new ground are very similar to Rovers to also include lakes..

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on February 15, 2017, 11:13:48 am by DonnyOsmond »
Beestin wasn't signed for goals. To quote Fergie "he's a creative midfielder".

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on February 15, 2017, 11:15:21 am by NickDRFC »
"Donny have suffered since the Yeovil game"? You mean the one at the start of the season, since which we have reached, and stayed at for a decent stint, the top of the table?

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on February 15, 2017, 11:17:10 am by idler »
All teams have a blip we are just lucky we was so far in front of the chasing pack
We aren't lucky Dave. We worked hard in January to create that gap and now need to get another run going. We are the one side in the top seven that can afford a bit of a blip. Plymouth have messed up twice in the last two weeks and last night must really hurt them. They were lucky to win at Cambridge as well.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on February 15, 2017, 11:19:49 am by The Red Baron »
If Mandeville was fit I'd hazard a guess he'd be starting on Saturday. He may have even started last night.

From what I've heard May did well when he came on and McSheffrey provides us another option off the bench.

Also the defence should be stronger on Saturday.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on February 15, 2017, 11:29:47 am by mushRTID »
I'm a big Williams fan but Fergie is bang on, he really does need to start chipping in with some goals soon.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on February 15, 2017, 12:37:04 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Just looking at the highlights it confirms Carlisle kept it simple. Basic stuff, crossing, heading, shooting etc.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on February 15, 2017, 12:53:13 pm by Pancho Regan »
We would have won comfortably last night if we had taken our chances. Missed 3 sitters in first half before they scored.
Nothing to worry about, missed Butler and Baudry obviously, can cope with one out but the 3 at the back without their experience showed at times.

I agree with this totally.

We didn't play badly last night and could have won if we'd converted a couple of our chances.
Having seen that performance I'm not worried. Yes of course it's disappointing to only acquire 2 points out of the last 9, but we built up a handy cushion so we're still in an excellent position.

I'd be more upset this morning if I was a Plymouth fan.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on February 15, 2017, 01:09:53 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

I agree with this totally.

We didn't play badly last night and could have won if we'd converted a couple of our chances.
Having seen that performance I'm not worried. Yes of course it's disappointing to only acquire 2 points out of the last 9, but we built up a handy cushion so we're still in an excellent position.

I'd be more upset this morning if I was a Plymouth fan.

This is the point, we've had a few average results but actually performances haven't been too bad.

On Williams, he played ok again and got in to good positions but can't seem to find the net.  Quite frustrating but I feel we're better with him in the team than out.  He does need to score though clearly.

May was lively when he came on, his size at this level is perhaps an issue but we need to find a way to use him with that in mind.

Really we could easily have won by a few last night, they had 3 chances really and scored 2.  We had at least 6 good chances and only scored from a corner - that's the disappointment.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on February 15, 2017, 01:59:23 pm by i_ateallthepies »
We were good for 30 minutes last night.  The rest of the game we were second best by some distance, and Carlisle weren't great.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on February 15, 2017, 02:21:13 pm by Chris Black come back »
Winning more than we are losing so happy about that.

My fear all season that hasn't really been addressed is that we are flat track bullies in this league and with our resources and squad are coasting through this league, but will struggle next season unless Ferguson gets them upping game. Case in point here is that our record v top teams in this largely poor league is not great at all. Portsmouth yes but the others we have struggled and lost away at Carlisle, Plymouth and Luton. If we do go up then we need to step up a gear as there will not be 'easy' points on offer for us like this season.

ballysbackin

« Reply #52 on February 15, 2017, 02:56:24 pm by ballysbackin »
"Donny have suffered since the Yeovil game"? You mean the one at the start of the season, since which we have reached, and stayed at for a decent stint, the top of the table?

Yes Nick.. Look at the loss of potential goals we have lost with Williams being out and loss of form and look at a full back that could have died.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on February 15, 2017, 03:25:21 pm by NickDRFC »

Yes Nick.. Look at the loss of potential goals we have lost with Williams being out and loss of form and look at a full back that could have died.

It's not impacted us really though has it? Bad injury for Lund, sure, but we haven't missed him. And it's not as though we've been struggling to score all season, we've been banging them in, both with him in the side and with him on the sidelines.

ballysbackin

« Reply #54 on February 15, 2017, 03:33:37 pm by ballysbackin »
Well the we just keep carrying Williams...

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on February 15, 2017, 03:56:12 pm by the vicar »
We aren't lucky Dave. We worked hard in January to create that gap and now need to get another run going. We are the one side in the top seven that can afford a bit of a blip. Plymouth have messed up twice in the last two weeks and last night must really hurt them. They were lucky to win at Cambridge as well.
I know that mate lol, I dint mean we was lucky to be that many points in front, I mean we are in a great position to  have our little blip
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 04:02:41 pm by the vicar »

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on February 15, 2017, 03:56:59 pm by Copps is Magic »
Let me tell you what’s happening.

A number of teams in recent week have observably upped their games.

Team are fighting relegation, they’re fighting for the play-offs, they’re fighting for promotion. The lines have clearly been formed in the league. Teams now know ‘what they need to do’. Players are playing to keep their WAGS out of Primark. Honeys need honey. They need that Nandos dollar.

We on the other hand, are still stuck in the same gear we were 2 weeks ago. We’re stuck in the past.
We need to start playing league two football.

We need this season’s Akinfenwa, this season’s Iain Hume. We need gritty little buggers, gritty big buggers. Men who give directions to people even when they don’t actually know the way.

We need to realise that pitches won’t be playable now until the last part of the season. We need to fully realise that the riff raff among the reffing community gets sent to league two. We need to realise teams change and up their games when they play us.

We can’t go on playing our run of the mill style of play. Every game now is a cup final until the end of the season. That’s how we need to play it because ALL WE NEED is a handful of wins. We can lose the rest of the games.

Everyone saying draws are a good result, shame on you.  Absolute shame on you. Draws are nothing to us now, it’s accepting failure to play in the conditions in front of us.

This is a seminal time in Fergie’s management career because he needs to produce something else. Something needs to change in our mindset.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on February 15, 2017, 04:00:52 pm by Copps is Magic »
Having the two central defenders back would help also. This is not the time to be nursing niggling injuries and watching pointless. Inject them with steroids.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on February 15, 2017, 04:38:08 pm by les@donr »
Having the two central defenders back would help also. This is not the time to be nursing niggling injuries and watching pointless. Inject them with steroids.

....and get players banned!

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on February 15, 2017, 04:44:24 pm by Bessie Red »
We were good for 30 minutes last night.  The rest of the game we were second best by some distance, and Carlisle weren't great.

Were you asleep for the first 60 minutes!! & just made it up that we were second best. We created more chances than them tried to play football properly not hoof it upfield at every opportunity like them. If we had put away one of those chances in the first half they would have crumbled. The only thing they were better than us at was their finishing and I know that is what wins games but to say we were second best by a distance is ridiculous!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012