Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 06:10:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bother on 6:30 train  (Read 6708 times)

Orlandokarla

• Forum Member
Re: Bother on 6:30 train
« Reply #30 on March 22, 2017, 06:45:47 am by Orlandokarla »
Mr Orlandokarle you asked me if had had dealings with the police while I was on a not guilty footing from my side of the fence.

The police need to ask to find if you are guilty or not .

Then you can't seem to take on board that I still fear and respect the police.

When you see young teenagers today who have no respect for the law and police today what so ever ,it tells me that society is fcuked and getting worse.

Just look at the footage of two gangs of  school girls in a London market place having a massive punch up with each other in the middle of the day.

The police today have been fcuked over by the PC outlook on life as every fcuker over the last 10 years or so has human rights .

I take on board that at times some police officers step over the line to various extents ,but society needs to fear and respect the police to help keep fighting teenage girl gangs on the straight and narrow.

When I see a general member of the public taking his/her phone out and film the police and shouting 'Iam filming you ' etc etc ,making the police second guess their actions I want to go over and knock that member of general public out .
If mobile phones had been around at Hillsborough, the truth couldn't have been covered up for decades.
Public servants, especially ones as important as policemen, should be open to public scrutiny. Everybody, at every level needs to be held accountable. How else can the police or indeed a government be run in a free, democratic country?

I've no issue with the police making enquiries, but within the constraints of the law.

What I fail to grasp is that you tell stories of how out of order the police have been towards you, how they have taught you to fear them, and yet you perversely respect them for it. It makes no logical sense. It's like you are stuck with a middle-schooler's mentality of respecting somebody 'cos they're 'ard.  :facepalm:

We, by which I mean law abiding folk, shouldn't be afraid of them. They are supposed to be on our side, protecting us, and when they earn respect by acting more like the sheepdog and less like the wolf, they receive more cooperation from the community. The way some police behave, it's no wonder people don't trust them to help them with their enquiries.

My poor old dad was dragged out of his house in the middle of the night one time by two of Donny's finest, and dragged down the street against his will. Why against his will? Because he's a small, mild-mannered man, who wouldn't hurt a fly. He was justifiably terrified when two 6'+ policeman hammered on his door, threatening to kick it in, waking up the whole house full of kids, and then proceeded to grab him and drag him down the street, treating him like a wanted criminal in front of his wife and kids. His alleged crime? Some drunk who 'might' have shared the same first name had put a window through down the road, and the lazy bas**rds had simply grabbed a man out of his bed who happened to share the same first name, that lived on the next street.
My dad certainly learned to fear the police that day, but that is not how respect is earned.

Is it really that offensive to you that everybody has human rights now?  :blink:

Is this really the first generation of gobshite kids that don't have respect for anybody or anything? I've heard that said of every generation since the 70's.

If the police need more powers, then that authority comes from parliament and our elected officials, not from coppers deciding that they could be more effective if they ignored the law and did whatever they feel is necessary/justified.
Just FYI, encouraging/allowing the police to beat the shit out of children won't "learn 'em."

You're making yourself sound like a caveman.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on March 22, 2017, 09:46:22 am by not on facebook »
You are correct with your mobile phone and hillsborough points fella.

Think the sole reason why a respect and fear the police more today ,is because of the way I see society today that shows complete no respect of the police .

This starts at a very early age and goes up from kids upto the parents,and if kids or teenagers don't respect the police then it's normall for them to have no respect for the rest of society.

I was brought up and told to respect your elders ,you don't see that trade today and to resoect your neighbour is non starter today.
Christ neighbours don't even see never mind know each other .

If my eldest who is soon to be 10 starts getting out of line and a chip on his shoulder he will be getting a phone call from a close friend pretending to be oslo police and given a Scarborough warning .

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on March 22, 2017, 09:58:14 am by idler »
Mr Orlandokarle you asked me if had had dealings with the police while I was on a not guilty footing from my side of the fence.

The police need to ask to find if you are guilty or not .

Then you can't seem to take on board that I still fear and respect the police.

When you see young teenagers today who have no respect for the law and police today what so ever ,it tells me that society is fcuked and getting worse.

Just look at the footage of two gangs of  school girls in a London market place having a massive punch up with each other in the middle of the day.

The police today have been fcuked over by the PC outlook on life as every fcuker over the last 10 years or so has human rights .

I take on board that at times some police officers step over the line to various extents ,but society needs to fear and respect the police to help keep fighting teenage girl gangs on the straight and narrow.

When I see a general member of the public taking his/her phone out and film the police and shouting 'Iam filming you ' etc etc ,making the police second guess their actions I want to go over and knock that member of general public out .
If mobile phones had been around at Hillsborough, the truth couldn't have been covered up for decades.
Public servants, especially ones as important as policemen, should be open to public scrutiny. Everybody, at every level needs to be held accountable. How else can the police or indeed a government be run in a free, democratic country?

I've no issue with the police making enquiries, but within the constraints of the law.

What I fail to grasp is that you tell stories of how out of order the police have been towards you, how they have taught you to fear them, and yet you perversely respect them for it. It makes no logical sense. It's like you are stuck with a middle-schooler's mentality of respecting somebody 'cos they're 'ard.  :facepalm:

We, by which I mean law abiding folk, shouldn't be afraid of them. They are supposed to be on our side, protecting us, and when they earn respect by acting more like the sheepdog and less like the wolf, they receive more cooperation from the community. The way some police behave, it's no wonder people don't trust them to help them with their enquiries.

My poor old dad was dragged out of his house in the middle of the night one time by two of Donny's finest, and dragged down the street against his will. Why against his will? Because he's a small, mild-mannered man, who wouldn't hurt a fly. He was justifiably terrified when two 6'+ policeman hammered on his door, threatening to kick it in, waking up the whole house full of kids, and then proceeded to grab him and drag him down the street, treating him like a wanted criminal in front of his wife and kids. His alleged crime? Some drunk who 'might' have shared the same first name had put a window through down the road, and the lazy bas**rds had simply grabbed a man out of his bed who happened to share the same first name, that lived on the next street.
My dad certainly learned to fear the police that day, but that is not how respect is earned.

Is it really that offensive to you that everybody has human rights now?  :blink:

Is this really the first generation of gobshite kids that don't have respect for anybody or anything? I've heard that said of every generation since the 70's.

If the police need more powers, then that authority comes from parliament and our elected officials, not from coppers deciding that they could be more effective if they ignored the law and did whatever they feel is necessary/justified.
Just FYI, encouraging/allowing the police to beat the shit out of children won't "learn 'em."

You're making yourself sound like a caveman.

I agree to a degree but what if somebody spends 15 minutes doing wrong or winding somebody up but only starts recording just before being struck.
They then deny the other person's account of what happened before?
My son-in-law has just passed his chief-inspectors having risen from a beat Bobby over the last twenty years.
He says that the best thing is the body cams now being worn by a lot of police.
A lot calm down and behave when it is pointed out that they are being recorded.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on March 22, 2017, 10:14:08 am by not on facebook »
Very good points about that mobile phone footage only catching the reaction to the action that started it.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012